Post-Game Talk: Devil V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
And you have come to this conclusion based on nothing other than the team lost.

Players are given everything possible in order to succeed All of the players try their best.

This doesn't come close to guaranteeing success.

All that matters is on-ice performance by the players.

Ive come to this conclusion after watching this franchise for 30 years.

Our management is awful, gallant is a buffoon and our players dont give a crap half the time except for shesty.

You cant possibly tell me watching this team the last three games that the players are trying their best. They arent.

The first two games they did. Even the third game u can make an argument. But they completely gave up this past game.

Carolina and Boston try their best every game. U see maximum effort every game. U dont see that here. At all.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Kane. Total net negative. Looks old and injured. Needs to be on the bench for everything except PP2. Mika, is pressing. Not playing his game, probably because he knows his line is basically playing shorthanded with Kane on it. Kreider, same old story for me, I'm hoping for more from him.

Tarasenko, I thought was brutal last night. Did he win any puck battles? Debbies D seemed to take the puck from him far too often and easily. Trochek, what are you trying to do out there? Panarin, make a play when it counts, FFS!

Kid line. Chytil has been a no show this series. Debbies have been taking away his time and space and he hasn't been able to get anything going. Laf looks too slow out there. Kakko has been better than the other 2, but needs to bury chances when he gets them.

4th line had some good shifts. I would keep them together, but you have to move someone up to cover for Kane.

Playoffs have gone exactly as the regular season. Spectacular highs, abysmal lows.

The question is, did we hit a low point last night and bounce back, or are we still descending?

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
vwDeavxy.gif

For you @EdJovanovski

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Ive come to this conclusion after watching this franchise for 30 years.

Our management is awful, gallant is a buffoon and our players dont give a crap half the time except for shesty.

You cant possibly tell me watching this team the last three games that the players are trying their best. They arent.

The first two games they did. Even the third game u can make an argument. But they completely gave up this past game.

Carolina and Boston try their best every game. U see maximum effort every game. U dont see that here. At all.

30 years has what to do with this group? An argument so weak it's nuts.

Gallant has the best winning percentage in the history of the entire franchise. I think that coaches don't matter much, but saying the winningest coach in 80 or so years is a buffoon is a buffoonish thought. No coach has ever won with inferior personnel. Ever.

I am telling you exactly that they are trying. Sometimes the other team is better, something too many fans can't accept.

So, when they win, they're trying, when they lose, they're not. Were the Devils not trying in the first two games?

Boston has put up the best season I've ever seen. Florida has pushed them to a Game 6. Has Boston not been trying? If Boston doesn't win the Cup, is there coach a buffoon?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Because I'm in Europe and can't watch all the games so mostly scoreboard watching, but holy f*** how does the most expensive winger in the league only have 2 points through 5 games? And your #1C also the same?

I can't comment on the effort but the results speak for themselves. Frankly, looking at the Kids or TDL-pickups is disingenuous. They are supposed to be a bonus on top of those guys.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
On the pp id just revert to the pre TDL pp. get trocheck/chytil in bumper and park mika in his wheelhouse
The pp was working well just before the Kane trade.. put Tarasenko back on it.

I wish the Post would hire hockey people instead of writers. Hire a former coach or player or something. Having Brooks analyze anything but a cheeseburger is a waste of time.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I’m not seeing a Rangers team playing hard and losing to a better team… I’m seeing them frustrated, and beating themselves, quite frankly not interested in figuring out a way to win.

If this winning coach is so brilliant, why can he get his team motivated? Make adjustments other than throwing the lines around? Get this team to compete hard?

Rangers were outshot 20 -2 in the 3rd of game 5
The Rangers are getting beat to almost every puck
They dump but don’t chase
Put every puck into the goalies chest or low blocker
Stopped hitting/Captain doesn’t hit when it counts.
team not drawing penalties
Won’t crash the net/take pucks to the net/create traffic.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If I'm Gallant the only thing i do today is say, mandatory team bonding tonight, we're gonna watch the Bruins vs Florida tonight and see why those teams are having a hard time disposing of each other. It's pretty obvious, it's dirty goals, rebounds, shots from the point and a willingness to do what it takes to win.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Biggest proponents? Yes I like the team. I’m not sure where you’re going with this in your search for answers.
You were very avid in your defense of this team while people had legit criticisms including that people who didn’t like the team were just being negative nancies, that these guys are saving It for playoffs blah blah blah that’s where I’m going.

Cause now you’re saying you have nothing in response to it, while this is what the team was for the majority of the year

Blind optimism is not good my friend

Reactions: Captain Lindy

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I was thinking that if we manage to get eliminated tomorrow the boos that will come out of the Garden will be biblical enough for sweeping changes. I would fully expect the off-season to be a bloodbath.

Reactions: The Gloaming

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I was thinking that if we manage to get eliminated tomorrow the boos that will come out of the Garden will be biblical enough for sweeping changes. I would fully expect the off-season to be a bloodbath.
Realistically who’s leaving ? The McMuffin twins aren’t and they’re the main culprits.

It doesn’t even matter what coach comes in because they won’t listen to him and he’ll get chased in two years again.

This is what happens when the organization makes decisions before knowing what they have. That’s why they should have put everything towards a full rebuild and development of the younger players. We would know what we had and made the proper acquisitions instead of them being blocked by Colin Blackwell. Now it’s too late and we’re stuck in purgatory only to complete another rebuild in several years. The fact that scares me most is the organization still doesn’t understand what the problem is (Hartford’s still a cesspool and they still severely lack the infrastructure to nurture talent). I’m very concerned for this organization. This is dark ages shit.

And we better pray Boston makes it the ECF as the nuclear option, otherwise there’s a very real chance the devils could go to ECF and win…my nightmares are coming true.

Someone hold me. Tell me it’s going to be okay.

HOLD ME NOWWWWW IM 6 FEET FROM THE EDGE AND IM THINKINNNNN

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
You were very avid in your defense of this team while people had legit criticisms including that people who didn’t like the team were just being negative nancies, that these guys are saving It for playoffs blah blah blah that’s where I’m going.

Cause now you’re saying you have nothing in response to it, while this is what the team was for the majority of the year

Blind optimism is not good my friend
Sure it is. I’m a fan with no ability to actually change anything about the team. I choose not to wallow in misery. Other teams with better records are having trouble in their series. The NHL playoffs are not east. As for the ‘legit’ criticisms, some people are negative about everything because negative is easy. One team wins the cup, the negative nancies (your term) on 31 other fans bases get to Pat themselves on the back and proclaim their genius. Not my thing.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Bruins going to Game 7 Vs 93 point panthers.

Playoffs are hard.

Sure it is. I’m a fan with no ability to actually change anything about the team. I choose not to wallow in misery. Other teams with better records are having trouble in their series. The NHL playoffs are not east. As for the ‘legit’ criticisms, some people are negative about everything because negative is easy. One team wins the cup, the negative nancies (your term) on 31 other fans bases get to Pat themselves on the back and proclaim their genius. Not my thing.
Agreed. I was saying this in the Laf thread. It’s so much easier to be negative and to predict failure because the odds are in your favor of being right and if you’re wrong, you can hide behind the wall of joy and community and the “we’re all fans who want to win”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad