Post-Game Talk: Devil IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
According to this, I would have thrown shit on the ice if I paid $3K for tickets last night... what a horrible series so far.

If this team isn't staying in Hotels, when at home, they need to be.

This is how fragile our locker room is. Keep them focused and thinking only about hockey. Curfews in full effect, no drinking day before game.
Lol you're worse than a prison warden

• Haha
Reactions: Filip Chytil

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
We don't unless the Rangers stop building their defense corps like it's 1970.

Our forwards don't have issues 5 on 5 when Adam Fox also happens to be on the ice.

We literally don't have a rush offense the 35 to 40 minutes he's not and we blame the effort of the forwards because they're not just pushing four defenders out of the way.

Even if the bottom two pairs manage to exit the zone, we're staring at a 1-4 by the time we cross center ice.

My favorite part of the Rangers is forwards going up the ice arse first through the neutral zone because they are looking/waiting for the puck from the D. Genius! It's been like this game after game especially against teams pressuring our D and taking away space in the neutral zone and the middle of the ice. Then from the neutral zone we play Gallants famous dump and don't chase system so we don't turn the puck over in a dangerous area. Or we try a bone headed east west pass through the clogged neutral zone to forwards barely skating. But everything is fine!

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
My favorite part of the Rangers is forwards going up the ice arse first through the neutral zone because they are looking/waiting for the puck from the D. Genius! It's been like this game after game especially against teams pressuring our D and taking away space in the neutral zone and the middle of the ice. Then from the neutral zone we play Gallants famous dump and don't chase system so we don't turn the puck over in a dangerous area. Or we try a bone headed east west pass through the clogged neutral zone to forwards barely skating. But everything is fine!
Yup. Then what they do when receiving the puck from the D is deflect it into the zone and that's the end of their job.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Yup. Then what they do when receiving the puck from the D is deflect it into the zone and that's the end of their job.

Exactly. Then they get shit for not being effective or creative with the puck. Fun!

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
I wasn't celebrating being up 2-0 because my lifetime of Rangers fanhood has given me deeply embedded pessimism about our team...

That aside, how much of our offensive stinkers at home can be ascribed to our team struggling with the bad ice? Perhaps we have a bit of a road-ice advantage in these playoffs...

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Hughes is one of the best skaters and players in the NHL. He has tremendous hands, is a tremendous stickhandler, and has elite vision and playmaking skills. KK and Laf aren’t in his class and aren’t even close. If the ping pong balls had gone Rangers 1, Devils 2 instead of the other way around, the Rangers would be the favorites to win the Stanley Cup this year.

Jack Hughes would be Gilbert Brule if the Rangers drafted him

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
Just cover Jack Hughes and prevent him from getting the endless breakaways and we win the series..

Yes we are soft team.. the devils are running our goalie the last two games.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
This team is built to pile pucks in the net.
One goal a game is a failure of the system. 22 SOG-vomit
They looked like slugs
This series should be over.
Fix it

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I disagree, saying someone sucked after they were already through the ringer here ignoring what they did until they got here is like burying your head in the sand. There's a ton of other high prospects we couldn't handle, each came in a star and left a chewed up piece of gum.
Or maybe they were really bad picks to begin with and they wouldn't have done shit with any team.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
How are we now? We have three young forwards, two young defensemen.
15th and they are within a half a year of about 5 teams who are technically younger. They have 4 Dmen 25 or younger. Fox 25, Lindgren 25, Miller 23 and Schneider 2. Mikkola is also only 26, and the oldest is Trouba at 29. We have 1 forward older than 31 and that is Kane at 34.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Exactly. Then they get shit for not being effective or creative with the puck. Fun!

Honestly, for as much as we play the dump and chase game, I've rarely seen us give enough chase in order to retrieve the puck. I wish I could see stats on our retrieval rate throughout the season on 5v5. I'd also like to see how many turnovers we have within our own zone at 5 v 5.

It boggles my mind that both the offense and defense of this team is to ring pucks around the boards and hope someone's there to retrieve it. Pressured in the O-zone? Ring it around the boards? Still pressure? Keep ringing it. Pressure behind the net in the D-zone? Blind ring it right to an opposing forward that's just waiting there.

It's the definition of insanity to me.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I don't know shit about hockey analytics, but this isn't flattering to us is it.View attachment 696422

Posters keep saying we need to get the puck deep and get to work. And Kakko, our best player at that, gets the least amount of play time from our top 9 and is constantly sh*t on by the coach for god knows what reason(s).

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
So stupid. This guy hamstrings his top 6 then asks where's the productivity. Being a coach is easy as f*ck, just blame the players with spacious accusations.
Those 2 players he spoke about were 90 point players during the regular season. Were they hamstrung then?

Honestly, for as much as we play the dump and chase game, I've rarely seen us give enough chase in order to retrieve the puck. I wish I could see stats on our retrieval rate throughout the season on 5v5. I'd also like to see how many turnovers we have within our own zone at 5 v 5.

It boggles my mind that both the offense and defense of this team is to ring pucks around the boards and hope someone's there to retrieve it. Pressured in the O-zone? Ring it around the boards? Still pressure? Keep ringing it. Pressure behind the net in the D-zone? Blind ring it right to an opposing forward that's just waiting there.

It's the definition of insanity to me.
Nobody was complaining when they scored 10 goals the first 2 games.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Those 2 players he spoke about were 90 point players during the regular season. Were they hamstrung then?

Why do you always bring up irrelevant points to deflect from the actual point being made?

Last edited:

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
So stupid. This guy hamstrings his top 6 then asks where's the productivity. Being a coach is easy as f*ck, just blame the players with spacious accusations.
20 million 0 goals
Still time for redemption but they deserve every bit of criticism. The game is decided by the guys on the ice.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think it was a bad goal actually, it was a leaky goal. Barely snuck under his arm, he needs to be tighter there.

It's an atrocious goal when you factor in the circumstances.

Even I will say that it's hard to blame Igor this series as that was probably his first soft goal. But when the team is playing as poorly as they are you need that save. I remember the GWG against Washington in 2009 when Hank allowed a bad goal to Fedorov. It happens, it sucks but it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad