Post-Game Talk: Devil IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
“You go over the scoring chances and they’re pretty even,” Gallant said. “It was a low-chance game. We had it 10-10, so it wasn’t as bad as you actually think it was. But I didn’t like the effort and the compete and battle-level of our players. It’s got to be better.”

- Another stat calling the game "even"

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I hope we get to cut the hubris again.
I’m Ancient Greece, hubris was punishable by death. In NY, it’s punishable by vanquishing a 2-0 series lead.
808F934E-F080-4F2A-AFD9-331ED1B6CAB6.jpeg

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Even I will say that it's hard to blame Igor this series as that was probably his first soft goal. But when the team is playing as poorly as they are you need that save. I remember the GWG against Washington in 2009 when Hank allowed a bad goal to Federov. It happens, it sucks but it happens.

The good ole days where our offense consisted of the corpse of Markus Naslund and Nikolay "IDGAF" Zherdev. Good times.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Has this been the most dead Rangers playoff crowd ever? I know the people who are loud mostly got priced coupled with the play but from we hear from people in attendance it’s sounds like a dead tired crowd. Not much to cheer about but It’s really a another bummer to add two these home games.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
“You go over the scoring chances and they’re pretty even,” Gallant said. “It was a low-chance game. We had it 10-10, so it wasn’t as bad as you actually think it was. But I didn’t like the effort and the compete and battle-level of our players. It’s got to be better.”

- Another stat calling the game "even"

Agreed, being at the game it was even the entire time. Nothing going on, it felt and looked like a practice. I dont like Gallant at all but hes 100% right. the effort, compete and battle level of our players was non existent.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Has this been the most dead Rangers playoff crowd ever? I know the people who are loud mostly got priced coupled with the play but from we hear from people in attendance it’s sounds like a dead tired crowd. Not much to cheer about but It’s really a another bummer to add two these home games.

I went to 4 games last year, and went last night, it sucked. The loudest cheer outside of the goal was for Mike Richter, Brian Daboll and Michael J Fox.

The game was a slog to watch, but no one was even into it for pregames videos etc…

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

Its not the crowd. I was at game 4. People on here were at game 3. Game 3 had action in it, the crowd was def loud, we couldnt hear it bc abc downplayed the crowd. We also didnt score lol.

Game 4 was HORRIBLE. Why should we as fans cheer for a team who doesnt show any heart or pride for themselves, the team, or the city?

What i saw on the ice was embarrassing.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I wasn't celebrating being up 2-0 because my lifetime of Rangers fanhood has given me deeply embedded pessimism about our team...

That aside, how much of our offensive stinkers at home can be ascribed to our team struggling with the bad ice? Perhaps we have a bit of a road-ice advantage in these playoffs...
Talked about this with my father today. Hell, even my sister facetimed my dad today and goes, "what the **** is with the ice? The puck is bouncing all game." Well, sis, that's Knicks, concerts, Rangers. Too much going on, Ice is dog****.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm somehow getting angrier today.

I didn't even care yesterday. Today, I'm borderline triggered with their lazy country club effort.

I was saying to a friend earlier, I was not as upset with the series being tied, was more upset with the effort they gave. I am not giving the Devils defense or goalie that much credit, we did not challenge them.

I felt we played well enough in Game 3 to win that game, and played very well in Game 1 and 2.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Talked about this with my father today. Hell, even my sister facetimed my dad today and goes, "what the **** is with the ice? The puck is bouncing all game." Well, sis, that's Knicks, concerts, Rangers. Too much going on, Ice is dog****.
The bad ice probably benefits us as the older, slower team.

It is next level bad though. I can’t recall ever seeing guys simply fall down at the frequency they did in these past two games. I’m surprised no one has gotten hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad