Post-Game Talk: Devil III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Just stopping in to see how much panic there is...
What a surprise: the folks that said we had like no chance against NJ, that they were a terrible matchup for us, are melting down because we didn’t go up 3-0. You’d think we were DOWN 3-0 hahaha. Did anyone expect that we’d sweep four series and win the cup? The way some of you deal with the slightest adversity makes me glad youre nothing like our team. You’d think these folks that said we couldn’t hang with the Devils would be OVERJOYED to be up 2-1 after three games… but of course not. Hahahaha. We have been the better team all three games. Practically every period. Amazing.
Hank won multiple playoff rounds where the Rangers were the worse team. Being the better team in meaningless unless you win the game, and doesn't guarantee a series victory. What happened in games 1, 2 and 3 has zero bearing on the rest of the series.
Devils are still a bad matchup for us, even if we win the series ultimately. And because they are a bad matchup for us, letting a winnable game slip away and be stolen WILL put us in a bad position because the Devils are due to play at least one good game like we did in game 2. Fully expect to go back to Newark tied. Rangers were so close to not having to deal with that crap.

I really enjoyed the two wins; team seemed to go into playoff mode. Last night was a brain fart. If the Rangers won last night, we would be saying how much better they would need to be to get that 4th win.

I am just mad I wasted a few glasses of nice tequila on that.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
It was A good night, no doubt, which is why I was not on here last night. Lol. But paying the price today, lol.
When I hit 40 I realized I could:

A - Drink all day

or

B - Stay out till 4am

I can no longer do both. My preferred is A. If I get shit faced and stay out really late the next day is essentially cashed in.
Also you can’t sit here And tell me the devils can beat us 3 more times if we continue to play like we did in game 1&2.

They’re backs were against the wall and they still looked like shit.
Yup. I said Rangers in five and I've no reason to deviate. They're still winning this thing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm someone who finds the smell of tequila to be wretched. I think I'd rather die a slow death of Montezuma's revenge than have to drink that stuff.

I can't stand tequila, the taste or the smell. For some reason in the last 10 years it has become a drink of choice to get a shot of and sometimes I'm force fed it, yuck! Also at least half of cocktails are made with that garbage.

Reactions: NCRanger

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
It looks like the Goodrow line was on for the GWG. Goodrow and Motte were on the ice. Vesey was the one who went off. At 6:23 in the following video, Goodrow, Motte, and Vesey were in the offensive zone before NJD got the puck and moved it up ice for the eventual GWG:

Vesey went off for Panarin. Goodrow, Motte, and Panarin were the forwards on the ice for the GWG. Fox and Lindgren were the defenders. In that same video above, if you go to 6:50, you can see Vesey go off and Panarin jumps on and the clip shows the Hamilton goal from behind Shesty.

Additionally, on Natural Stat Trick, this is confirmed by Panarin being on for 1 GA (he obviously wasn't on the ice for the Hughes PP goal). At 7:07, you can pause the video and see the forward who came on indeed has an "A" on his jersey.

Good video, thanks. Seems it was not really a bad change - one Ranger & one Devil changed & their replacements were not involved in the play.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I'm someone who finds the smell of tequila to be wretched. I think I'd rather die a slow death of Montezuma's revenge than have to drink that stuff.
I was just like you until one day I was blessed with an Anejo and was told to "sip it like a gentleman". Life hasn't been the same since.

I can't stand tequila, the taste or the smell. For some reason in the last 10 years it has become a drink of choice to get a shot of and sometimes I'm force fed it, yuck! Also at least half of cocktails are made with that garbage.
Tequila has a terrible reputation for cheap shots and terrible hangovers. Sometimes, even terrible marriages.
Was glad I was turned on to the good, aged stuff that is as complex if not more than my favorites Scotches

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I was just like you until one day I was blessed with an Anejo and was told to "sip it like a gentleman". Life hasn't been the same since.

Tequila has a terrible reputation for cheap shots and terrible hangovers. Sometimes, even terrible marriages.
Was glad I was turned on to the good, aged stuff that is as complex if not more than my favorites Scotches
That's how I feel about good reds.

Reactions: DialUp

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Kenny is knowledgable but sounds too much like Marv. That voice is like a fork on a porcelain plate to me.
When he does national broadcasts his voice is like an angel singing. Those other announcers really put the evil and try to will losses on the Rangers.
Last night was a non stop Devil lick fest.

That always pisses me off. Just because 45% of the population is obese, doesn't mean the rest of us should get hosed. Some of us still wear a medium. Hell, I'd settle for a large.
Aren’t they like cheapo quality that fall apart after one wash?

Last edited:

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I missed game 3 and I'm glad I did. I hate losing in OT.

Kane made that play on Kreider's goal. Swiping the puck away from Palat at the blueline sending Zibad and Kreids down the ice.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I expect Gallant to have given the entire locker-room a stern talking to today.
We absolutely cannot get lost in the bright lights of MSG in game 4. Devs got their cocky attitude back, whilst still being down of all things.
We really need to f***ing squash them, they're still bleeding
Enough with the hubris, debs

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
That always pisses me off. Just because 45% of the population is obese, doesn't mean the rest of us should get hosed. Some of us still wear a medium. Hell, I'd settle for a large.
Even when I was in shape (6’ 3”, 230) and played beer league, I wore an XXL because I liked the extra room.

JoeMurphysSkates

Mar 18, 2015
Sunday thoughts…

I’ve attended Rangers games at MSG for over 40 years. The building is simply not as loud as it used to be. It’s just not. That’s the reality.

I haven’t read the whole thread (in the event this has been called out) and I don’t feel like looking at the replay but the winning goal was almost certainly caused by a bad line change. It was 5 on 4 in the Ranger end of the ice. I don’t know who the guilty parties were but this was a flat out mistake by someone. My wife told me I said “uh-oh” when the Devils entered the zone, well before the goal.

And I’ll go back to something I said this summer — if Panarin has another no impact playoff like last year, I expect he will be moved. Contract or no contract. So far, he’s not curing my concerns. He is not coming up big when he needs to come up big

How do you think they could get around the no movement clause and cap hit ? He seems totally untradeable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad