Post-Game Talk: Devil III

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Woke up this morning still not feeling good about the wasted opportunity. Devils have life now. Rangers really need to come out and get he crowd in to game 4 from the get go. The first period last night was a perfect road period for the devils and we played right in to it. Barely did anything.

The crowd is electric before puck drop but they need something to cheer about.

A multi goal lead at the end of the first would be nice. Don’t like Schmid keep building his confidence, don’t let him get in your heads any further.
Nah, they don't have life. They won a game in OT that they were mostly outplayed in. OT is a coin flip mostly. Once Game 4 starts, all that isn't even relevant. If they had blown us out in Game 3 decisively, then yeah they would have some momentum. They lost the majority of shifts. I'm not even puckluck but I'm confident.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Sunday thoughts…

I’ve attended Rangers games at MSG for over 40 years. The building is simply not as loud as it used to be. It’s just not. That’s the reality.

I haven’t read the whole thread (in the event this has been called out) and I don’t feel like looking at the replay but the winning goal was almost certainly caused by a bad line change. It was 5 on 4 in the Ranger end of the ice. I don’t know who the guilty parties were but this was a flat out mistake by someone. My wife told me I said “uh-oh” when the Devils entered the zone, well before the goal.

And I’ll go back to something I said this summer — if Panarin has another no impact playoff like last year, I expect he will be moved. Contract or no contract. So far, he’s not curing my concerns. He is not coming up big when he needs to come up big.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Just stopping in to see how much panic there is...
What a surprise: the folks that said we had like no chance against NJ, that they were a terrible matchup for us, are melting down because we didn’t go up 3-0. You’d think we were DOWN 3-0 hahaha. Did anyone expect that we’d sweep four series and win the cup? The way some of you deal with the slightest adversity makes me glad youre nothing like our team. You’d think these folks that said we couldn’t hang with the Devils would be OVERJOYED to be up 2-1 after three games… but of course not. Hahahaha. We have been the better team all three games. Practically every period. Amazing.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Schmid reminds me of Talbot. Nothing extraneous, nothing flashy either. He wasn't really tested. We flubbed a lot of passes and shots, just out of sync for whatever reason offensively combined with Devils committing more to defense.

This whole notion of momentum, giving Devils life, etc. is whatever. So far we haven't let the Devils play their game and we haven't shot ourselves in the foot which was our problem against them in the regular season. They just need to stick with it and we will be alright.

Reactions: Holocene

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Schmid reminds me of Talbot. Nothing extraneous, nothing flashy either. He wasn't really tested. We flubbed a lot of passes and shots, just out of sync for whatever reason offensively combined with Devils committing more to defense.

This whole notion of momentum, giving Devils life, etc. is whatever. So far we haven't let the Devils play their game and we haven't shot ourselves in the foot which was our problem against them in the regular season. They just need to stick with it and we will be alright.

I feel like the type of game that needs to be played to beat Schmid is better suited for much better ice. We need to get him moving east to west but with this ice skill plays just won't materialize.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Sunday thoughts…

I’ve attended Rangers games at MSG for over 40 years. The building is simply not as loud as it used to be. It’s just not. That’s the reality.

I haven’t read the whole thread (in the event this has been called out) and I don’t feel like looking at the replay but the winning goal was almost certainly caused by a bad line change. It was 5 on 4 in the Ranger end of the ice. I don’t know who the guilty parties were but this was a flat out mistake by someone. My wife told me I said “uh-oh” when the Devils entered the zone, well before the goal.

And I’ll go back to something I said this summer — if Panarin has another no impact playoff like last year, I expect he will be moved. Contract or no contract. So far, he’s not curing my concerns. He is not coming up big when he needs to come up big.

It looks like the Goodrow line was on for the GWG. Goodrow and Motte were on the ice. Vesey was the one who went off. At 6:23 in the following video, Goodrow, Motte, and Vesey were in the offensive zone before NJD got the puck and moved it up ice for the eventual GWG:

Vesey went off for Panarin. Goodrow, Motte, and Panarin were the forwards on the ice for the GWG. Fox and Lindgren were the defenders. In that same video above, if you go to 6:50, you can see Vesey go off and Panarin jumps on and the clip shows the Hamilton goal from behind Shesty.

Additionally, on Natural Stat Trick, this is confirmed by Panarin being on for 1 GA (he obviously wasn't on the ice for the Hughes PP goal). At 7:07, you can pause the video and see the forward who came on indeed has an "A" on his jersey.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
We win Monday or Tob gets extended 8 more years on NFNYR
giphy.gif

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
If we went up 3-0 and they took Game 4, I'm sure there would be crying about not putting teams down. If they win this in 5 or 6 games it won't matter.
I'm only worried because I'm hoping this isn't the same old Ranger crap of habitually going 7 games to win a series. When you're living history it goes so slowly. LOL!

I mean, DO THEY KNOW that you don't HAVE TO play seven games and it's possible to win in less? :sarcasm:

Reactions: AirGut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad