Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mako Mikkola

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
My point is that I hope they can remember the spot they were in last year and how close they were to where they wanted to be, and that it got away from them. Whether it was "deserved" or not, they had a 2-0 lead in Game 3 of a series they were up 2-0. They let it get away. I just hope that is still clear in their minds and they continue playing with this intensity and structure and use that as additional motivation to see this series through.
They didn't let it get away. Tampa took it from us. They were back to back champions (along with making the conference finals twice and cup finals another time) for a reason. We lost to the most battle tested team in the league. No shame in that.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Dude, all I said was being up 2-0 after 2 home games against the 2 time defending cup champs is far different than being up 2-0 after 2 road games against a team with little playoff experience that looks like a deer in headlights so far. I would say they have learned a ton from last years playoff run.
Sorry, just frustrated. My statement boiled down to "I hope the team can learn lessons from past experiences" and I feel like people are responding to me like I said something really controversial or crazy, or like I don't understand the context of the Tampa series. Didn't mean to sound so aggressive, so my bad on that.

They didn't let it get away. Tampa took it from us. They were back to back champions (along with making the conference finals twice and cup finals another time) for a reason. We lost to the most battle tested team in the league. No shame in that.
Like this LOL.

And to this person, in actual response: I know, that wasn't the point I was trying to make, but obviously I failed in getting my message across.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Cannot be understated, especially with CK having 2 goals and him getting the hat trick being more important than scoring another one to seal it. It was probably a 10-20% chance on that pass connecting, but more likely it would have been either tipped or sent further ahead to CKs backhand (useless as he would be in too deep with a Devils stick now in the passing lane back to Kane), Kane absolutely made the right move.

To be fair, Tarasenko and maaaaybe Trochek probably would have shot it too, Mikola as well only because he wouldn't have noticed Kreider even on the ice
Kane: Jesus, man. I've already set you up twice. This one's mine. (probably)

bogans

Mar 24, 2007
Philly
Interesting stat that I noticed on moneypuck, Shesterkin has one total frozen puck in the two games. The only goaltender in the league with fewer is Vanacek with one in two games. That seems impossible.

Reactions: Lua

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I just read through ESPN's takeaways from the playoffs after game 2. Two interesting tidbits for me is that we have the fewest turnovers among playoff teams with 9. Devils have had 28, and in mentioning how the Rangers' stars have shown up, they did not name Adam Fox who has consistently been the best player on the ice.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Interesting stat that I noticed on moneypuck, Shesterkin has one total frozen puck in the two games. The only goaltender in the league with fewer is Vanacek with one in two games. That seems impossible.
Yeah, that does seem impossible. How does Vanecek have fewer if both he and Shesty have one in two games?

• Haha
Reactions: Ruggs225

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Game 3 is huge.Lose and doubt can potentially creep into their minds after blowing a 2-0 series lead last year.Stomp on their throats and that doubt is nowhere to be found

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Ruff saying “this team has done monumental things” referring to getting booed when they started the season 0-2 lol. What a triumph!

Jack Hughes once went on Grubhub and ordered Chipotle for the whole team...

...on an off-day where everyone was scattered. Every order was successfully delivered--and every order was correct. The logistics of that was monumental, but Jack Hughes is elite.

Wait, or did he do it directly on the Chipotle app? That detail escapes me. Whatever it is, that account now has 25 different addresses.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Jack Hughes once went on Grubhub and ordered Chipotle for the whole team...

...on an off-day where everyone was scattered. Every order was successfully delivered. The logistics of that was monumental, but Jack Hughes is elite.

Wait, or did he do it directly on the Chipotle app? That detail escapes me.
What a warrior.

Reactions: Lua and will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Tomorrows game will tell us what they learned from last year.

I expect that if they open up a multi goal lead at any point that it'll pretty much be over outside of McLeod trying to start some shenanigans. He's basically all they have in that regard and he's not that tough.

Reactions: AirGut

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
In games 1-2 we had far more life than tampa. The end of game 2 tampa looked like they were starting to find themselves. Game 3 the end of that game was the moment they turned on their switch, and we were starting to fade.
We legit ran out of gas.
Tampa was getting healthier and we were getting more injured.

The way we're closing out the games, ensuring theres no comeback, is exactly what I want from our players right now.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
In games 1-2 we had far more life than tampa. The end of game 2 tampa looked like they were starting to find themselves. Game 3 the end of that game was the moment they turned on their switch, and we were starting to fade.
We legit ran out of gas.
Tampa was getting healthier and we were getting more injured.

The way we're closing out the games, ensuring theres no comeback, is exactly what I want from our players right now.
I'm all for closing series out early. Its even more beautiful that we have only had to play Fox for 20 or minutes these games. At some point he'll have to play 30 plus and this keeps him fresh for when that time comes.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I just read through ESPN's takeaways from the playoffs after game 2. Two interesting tidbits for me is that we have the fewest turnovers among playoff teams with 9. Devils have had 28, and in mentioning how the Rangers' stars have shown up, they did not name Adam Fox who has consistently been the best player on the ice.
Of course not. Because either they don't find him as sexy as a guy like Makar or they don't know shit about hockey. The amazing part of Fox is that his play in all three zones are equally as good. He's the best dman in hockey.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ

Thats because ESPN is a joke when it comes to hockey.

IF it was up to ESPN they wouldnt even have the playoffs and would just give boston the cup bc how great their regular season was. Great. That means very little in the playoffs.

Reactions: AirGut and bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad