Recalled/Assigned: Devane, Abbott assigned to Toronto Marlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
We were told before the season that this would happen alot. Saves a few bucks. Will likely see another callup monday.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
It only saves us cap money if it means we are now under the cap. With the LTIR I believe we are over the cap, or at least were with these two guys on the roster. LTIR salaries aren't taken off the cap, it means that we can go over by x amount.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Nobody knows for sure how close to the cap we are. Considering they both saw little ice time after the half way point in the game last night, it probably is just them being demoted. I think it does save money in certain circumstances. You would think you would want them practicing with the team this week if they are going to play next game.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
Nobody knows for sure how close to the cap we are. Considering they both saw little ice time after the half way point in the game last night, it probably is just them being demoted. I think it does save money in certain circumstances. You would think you would want them practicing with the team this week if they are going to play next game.

It saves money because they'll be making AHL money instead of NHL money but I doubt it saves any cap space. Recall that they had to send Bodie down and place McLaren on LTIR to be able to call Bodie back up. That was because we were over the cap once Bodie was recalled but are allowed to go over because of McLaren on LTIR. Now with Fraser on LTIR we're allowed to go over even more, and thus can have Abbott and Devane on the roster. Sending them down doesn't save any cap money because we're still over the cap.

This is probably to get them into today's Marlies game, and get some ice time.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
probably saving money for a few days, get them some playing time and call them back up before our next game

Loiselle was on the radio a few weeks ago saying that players have to physically transfer (not just on paper) from the NHL team to the AHL team and that is one of the advantages of having the Marlies in Toronto and they'd be doing these sorts of moves to create additional cap space.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
i'm pretty sure it's simply a combination of saving money + getting those guys into another game

I'm sure they'll be called up on monday

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Well Ashton is still able to play so Im guessing hes inserted, but that still leaves one open hole up front unless Kulemin is able to play next game.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Might as well, save a few bucks and let the young guys get in some extra playing time (especially for Devane who doesn't see much ice time on the 4th line). That's the benefit of owning your own farm team in the same city as the big club.

Clarkson and McLaren are still gone for at least 7 more games, and Kulemin's still got probably 1-1.5 weeks, so I imagine there's going to be a lot of recalls/assignments in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad