Devan Dubnyk

Descendent*

I'm really looking forward to Dubnyk playing great and shutting up some of the haters out there!

He's paid his dues and is ready to be the #1 Goalie without question.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Our forwards are too weak and our D doesn't have enough depth or defensive skill to get the best out of DD. But I really hope his consistanty shines this year. That'd be huge for him. He's looking a lot more relaxed and confident right now though. Hopefully that shows in the NHL.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
He is going to get every opportunity this year. Bulin in coming off an injury and is another year older. Hopefully he will be able to come in and solidify the #1 spot.

oakfield

Sep 28, 2010
Edmonton
No question he's the #1. Whether he's the guy that this team rides to success, will be largely determined this year.

Exactly. He's #1 by default, but I also think he really earned it. Considering the crapshoot that is generally goalie development, a constant, steady increase in stats year over year is remarkable. I'm really excited for him.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Really?

"Hey Devan we added two more rookies to the roster. The rest of it is up to you."
Hey Devan! Hall, RNH, and Eberle are another year older and one of the few top players in the conference coming into the season in game shape. They also have some crazy chemistry with one of theose "rookies".

There is some hope that Smid and Petry will continue to get better, N.Schultz will be a little more comfortable, and Whitney might be finally 100%. Maybe even Peckham returns as a solid #6 guy

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
No, more like..

"Hey DD, we have the same soviet dead beat as your competition. The rest is up to you."

Home Run!

Dubnyk replaced khabibulin at the start of Jan.

Dubnyk Jan on with
Smid-Petry
XXX-XXX
Peckham-Potter
25Games
15W-8L-2OL 2.33GA .925SV%

A better break down:
Smid-Petry
No Gilbert – No Barker
Peckham-Potter
16 games
10W – 4L- 2 OTL 1.95GA .936SV%

It was these three periods of games
Jan 5- Jan 23
Smid-Petry
Peckham-potter
Sutton-Chorney/Tuebert
DubnyK
4Games
2W-2L 2.19GA .929SV%

Jan 24-31
Smid-Petry
Whitney-Sutton
Peckham-Potter
Dubnyk
2Games
1W-0L-1 OTL 1.92GA .941SV%

Mar 6 – Apr 1
Smid-Petry
Whitney-N. Schultz
Peckham/Sutton-Potter
Dubnyk
10Games
7W-2L-1 OTL 1.86GA .938 SV%

Smid & Petry
With Gilbert Or Barker
Peckahm-Potter
9 Games
5W – 4L – 0 OTL 3.07GA 0.907 SV%

It was these period of games:

FEB 2 – 4 & 27-29
Smid-Petry
Whitney-Potter
Peckham-Barker
Dubnyk
4 Games
3W-1L 3.57GA .907SV%

Feb 6-25
Smid-Gilbert
Whitney-Potter
Peckham-Petry
Dubnyk
5 Games
2W-3L 2.41GA .907SV%

No Gilbert, No Barker And No Sutton.

From Boxing Day on
KHB:
17Games
1W-12L-4 OTL 3.45GA .881SV%

6 of a possible 34 points. .176win%

Heck from nov11 on
KHB
31 Games
5W-20L-5 OTL 3.18GA .895SV%
one no decision were he was 6.00GA and .882Sv%
15 of a possible 62 points .242 win%

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Haha and to think some people thought Khabi would have had some value at the deadline last year.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
That's Hockey had a feature on DD yesterday on "Post2Post". Jaime broke down DD really well and says he's ready to be #1. You guys should check out the video. Made me more optimistic.... And was very insightful piece where I learned a lot about goaltending and DD's strengths and weaknesses

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hey Devan! Hall, RNH, and Eberle are another year older and one of the few top players in the conference coming into the season in game shape. They also have some crazy chemistry with one of theose "rookies".

There is some hope that Smid and Petry will continue to get better, N.Schultz will be a little more comfortable, and Whitney might be finally 100%. Maybe even Peckham returns as a solid #6 guy

That's great but all those young soon to be stars are all still lost when playing in their own zone. Eberle's sick backhand, Hall's forechecking and Nuge's dangles ain't going to help Dubnyk face less good chances this season.

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
Anyone recall what thread DD new mask was posted in? Or could someone just post it in here?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think our defenceman need to stay healty. That's the key. I agree Dubnyk needs to shoulder the load and this is his make or break season.

So your saying the best way to judge a young goalie is to throw him out on the ice with a bunch of young kids who cannot play D at the NHL level and some useless vets?

The numbers Dubnyk put up in the 2nd half last season were amazing considering the players in front of him.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
That's great but all those young soon to be stars are all still lost when playing in their own zone. Eberle's sick backhand, Hall's forechecking and Nuge's dangles ain't going to help Dubnyk face less good chances this season.

RNH is pretty solid in his own zone, don't know why you are lumping him in there. And Eberle has been getting a lot better at it. You have to realize that people actually progress, especially high end players. If they do their jobs, the kids lines will score more then they let in. And then it's just up to the vets to do their job and play some defensive hockey.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City

Actually, all three of those will with 100% certainty ensure that DD faces less good chances this season.

Good we're starting too see this the same way.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
RNH is pretty solid in his own zone, don't know why you are lumping him in there. And Eberle has been getting a lot better at it. You have to realize that people actually progress, especially high end players. If they do their jobs, the kids lines will score more then they let in. And then it's just up to the vets to do their job and play some defensive hockey.

I get that but the kids are very much so still kids in many aspects of the game. Expecting Dubnyk to be able to make up for all the deficiencies this team still has is setting him up for failure.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I have a friend who is a scout (not with the Oilers). I asked him about Dubnyk and got this: "The guy is ready and will have a breakout season. He's going to surprise a lot of people. Don't worry about him."

I'm not worried.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Dubnyk may be the #1 goaltender but old Khabbie seems to think that he's still going to get a sizable chunk of games because of the fast and furious condensed schedule.

Khabbie starts = automatic losses. There go our playoff hopes.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Dubnyk may be the #1 goaltender but old Khabbie seems to think that he's still going to get a sizable chunk of games because of the fast and furious condensed schedule.

Khabbie starts = automatic losses. There go our playoff hopes.

If the Oilers spread out Khabibulin's 10-12 good games that have been used up every Oct/Nov, we won't be in that bad of shape, imo.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
dube and the bulin wall will do great this year but how the hell did dube get 3.5 mill a year ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad