Player Discussion Devan Dubnyk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
$4m x 6 years is quite a bit for a 30 game hot streak. It could become a great deal or could turn out to be another problem to solve. No NTC, please.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Over 4...do not like...and for 6 years? We're going to regret this.

Agreed. Should have walked away, we may have been able to sign a more proven starter for the same money/term as this.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Lol 6 years takes us right through his goalie prime. People are disappointed in that? I could see 6 years $3.75-4.25m as a STEAL if the cap goes up and Dubnyk regresses to .915sv%

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Well it's not going to be 3.75 from reports.

I just don't like being locked into a goalie for that long. We've seen how that's worked out in the past. However, I can understand the reasoning. We have very little system depth in goal. If we sign him to this term, it's time to trade Kuemper

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lol 6 years takes us right through his goalie prime. People are disappointed in that? I could see 6 years $3.75-4.25m as a STEAL if the cap goes up and Dubnyk regresses to .915sv%

I feel no goalie in the league deserves more than $4 mil...so a salary higher than I'd give anyone ever, and for such a long term...yeah, do not like.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I feel no goalie in the league deserves more than $4 mil...so a salary higher than I'd give anyone ever, and for such a long term...yeah, do not like.

You think Carey Price and Henrik Lunqvist don't deserve more than $4m?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You think Carey Price and Henrik Lunqvist don't deserve more than $4m?

Correct. Goalies don't carry that high of value imo. Too easy a position to fill, and too little dropoff in abilities between the different tiers.

Crawford is not in Price's tier, yet he's the one with 3 cups and all the playoff wins.

Look at the Ducks goalies, yet they were better than the Habs too.

Paying a high price for a goalie hinders a team cap-wise against getting quality players who play EVERY game for the most part, vs someone who automatically misses at least 20 games/season.

Duuuuuuuuubs himself is the perfect example why...from scrap heap in the ahl, to Vezina finalist in a year.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Correct. Goalies don't carry that high of value imo. Too easy a position to fill, and too little dropoff in abilities between the different tiers.

Crawford is not in Price's tier, yet he's the one with 3 cups and all the playoff wins.

Look at the Ducks goalies, yet they were better than the Habs too.

Paying a high price for a goalie hinders a team cap-wise against getting quality players who play EVERY game for the most part, vs someone who automatically misses at least 20 games/season.

Duuuuuuuuubs himself is the perfect example why...from scrap heap in the ahl, to Vezina finalist in a year.

Price make $500k more than Crawford and is worlds better than him. Only difference is the team in front.

The Ducks' goalies are both RFA next year. They will be making more than now for sure.

Billy Mays Here*

Would ideally like to see him on a three year deal at $4.25 per or less to give Kuemper a little more time to develop his game as a backup and eventually take over. Can't believe some people are giving up on the kid already.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Never gave up on Kuemper. I was what felt like his only supporter during the 2nd half of the season.

J22*

I can't think of too many goalies that I would be willing to give a 6 year contract, Dubnyk is definitely not one of them. There is no reason to give him a long term deal with the way the goalie market is shaking out.

Antsman41

Quack, Quack, Quack!
Aug 12, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Wild should never give a goalie more than 2-3 years with our history of injuries, bad luck, and D-Men not sticking up around the crease...

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
6 years better be a sub 4 mil cap hit. If he wants over 4 mil than it needs to be 3 years or less.

Eddie lack was a cheap get from Van and someone I would have prefered over duby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad