Player Discussion Devan Dubnyk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
Duby update from Russo

I'm told they're not far off money-wise. Wild has gotten up to the low $4 million range. Dubnyk is willing to come into the high 4s.

I do think term is the biggest issue. Dubnyk is asking for bigtime security (many years, maybe the max eight, I hear) and the Wild likely doesn't want to go more than four years and probably prefers three.

We'll see if Dubnyk budges.

http://www.startribune.com/latest-devan-dubnyk-minnesota-wild-update/310062611/

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Nah, Buffalo has there goalie. SJ is close to trading for one of Lack, Talbot or Markstrom to go with Stalock.

Which just leaves Edmonton, and god knows he's not going there.

Far more available goalies, than teams that need one.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nobody is going to give him 8; 5 x $4.4M might be a somewhat acceptable middle ground?

Guessing the middle ground ends up being $4.5M x 4 years, which I'm uneasy about... Depending on the type of contract. Fletcher better not hand out another NMC.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Guessing the middle ground ends up being $4.5M x 4 years, which I'm uneasy about... Depending on the type of contract. Fletcher better not hand out another NMC.

Yeah. Don't tie your hands Fletch. 4 years is max and 4+mil is already a tad too much. 5 mil would be too too much. And 5 years would be far far too too many.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Anyone else see the draft ticker? Just said Wild re-sign Dubnyk. Didn't have any details, though. Don't see anything from Russo.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think what you guys are referring to was "Team needs: Wild".. and then underneath it said "Re-sign Dubnyk".

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Well, if he gave up money, he was going to want more term. 6 years is probably higher than I'd like but the cap shouldn't be anywhere higher than $4.25M per year.

Just please, no more NMC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad