Detroit Red Wings #1 Prospect Summer 17/18

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well it is about that time.

Same as usual. We want you to vote for you selection, offer an add for the next round and discuss.

Rounds should be open for voting for about three days is the plan.

Frk It if you could help in terms of if it is taking me time to put this up after the end of a round at some point as you have done in the past I would appreciate it.

I don't look at Coreau as a prospect anymore not that it matters if you guys want to nominate him.

Last edited:

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Realistically, IMO, it's Svechnikov at #1 over Rasmussen only because of his progress. If I had to wage a bet, I would bet that Rasmussen would hold the #1 spot over Svechnikov, by a small margin, by this point next year. I may be an insufferable optimist, but I believe that both Svech and Rasmussen will develop into 1st/2nd line players.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Tough choice. I'll go with Svech over Rasmussen.

Rasmussen gets the bump because he plays a more important position, but Svech is closer to the NHL and his production once he got comfortable at the AHL level was really good.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Went with Svech out of respect for a very good rookie pro season. People forget how skilled he is because he is big.

Ras will get my next vote.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I'll say Svech with a bullet right now. BUT I think Hronek and Rasmussen have potential to be bigger impact players than Svech in the future.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Went with Svech out of respect for a very good rookie pro season. People forget how skilled he is because he is big.

Ras will get my next vote.

Exact same for me. I think its fair if people voted Rasmussen but seeing Svech transition to pro and start doing really well puts it in his favour to me

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Even though he's received the Mitch Trubisky treatment from half this board because we took him ahead of Vilardi, I think it's Rasumussen. I think he'll be a very good player. Svech is close.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Voted Rasmussen. I loved the season Svech had but I gotta vote for the higher ceiling.

Rasmussen, Svechnikov, Hronek, Cholowoski, Hicketts and Saarijarvi are a sold group of prospects outside of the NHL

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Voted Rasmussen. I loved the season Svech had but I gotta vote for the higher ceiling.

Rasmussen, Svechnikov, Hronek, Cholowoski, Hicketts and Saarijarvi are a sold group of prospects outside of the NHL

If Rasmussen was a 2015 draft pick do you still think hes top 10 pick? Only 6 players in that first round haven't seen any ice time. So far, it seems everyone from that round has atleast gotten a taste of NHL caliber hockey. (There are a handful of guys with 1-2 games) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2015e.html

1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Strome
4. Marner
5. Hanafin
6. Zacha
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Meier
10. Rantanen

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
If Rasmussen was a 2015 draft pick do you still think hes top 10 pick? Only 6 players in that first round haven't seen any ice time. So far, it seems everyone from that round has atleast gotten a taste of NHL caliber hockey. (There are a handful of guys with 1-2 games) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2015e.html

1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Strome
4. Marner
5. Hanafin
6. Zacha
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Meier
10. Rantanen

What does the 2015 draft have to do with Rasmussen's ceiling or our prospect list?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Strome
4. Marner
5. Hanafin
6. Zacha
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Meier
10. Rantanen

of course he would,Rasmussen has way more character than those guys and character is the most important thing when drafting in the top 10(just ask Tyler Wright)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rasmussen would have been ~11th on that 2015 group. Only two better talents there than 2017 first ones. Or maybe 1 and a half. Not so sure about Eichel anymore.

Buffalo's losing culture with weak characters and leaders have started to hindering his potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad