GDT: Detroit @ Leafs at 7:00pm April 13 2024... on CBC and SN.. Matthews goes for 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's been a long while since I've done a game day thread. Thought I'd get the discussion going.

Guessing Leafs lines are similar to the other night but Edmundson out with Lilly getting back in. Sammy playing again too.

Matthews going for 70 tonight. That'd be unreal. Go Leafs Go.

Our version of stone lol

With Murray coming back, our goaltending depth in the playoffs will be strong in the event of injuries.

Samsonov
Woll
Jones
Murray

Reactions: Burnie97

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
It's been a long while since I've done a game day thread. Thought I'd get the discussion going.

Guessing Leafs lines are similar to the other night but Edmundson out with Lilly getting back in. Sammy playing again too.

Our version of stone lol

lol can you imagine. It would take a monumental plague of injuries for him to see the net these playoffs.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Both Jones and Woll were dogshit in their last couple of starts as well. Samsonov is their best hope in the playoffs so they really, really need him back on track in these last games. They have no other choice.

Sorry: Edit in Woll for Holl.
Agreed. My guess is after the shakey game on Thursday, Sammy gets a chance to have a solid outing. If he does, he is rested until game 1. If he is shakey again, he will play one of the two in Florida.

We need him right for game 1. Or a right as he can get.

Matthews record is more important than the playoffs
Said no one, ever.

I could care less if he gets 70... it's cool and all. Leafs winning playoff rounds and a cup is the only thing that matters to me. And I don't care who is on the roster when they do it.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
@ToneDog why cant i post in your prediction thread, it tells me to sign in, when iam signed in, yet i can post in this and every other thread? Wasn't able to post to it last game either.....

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
@ToneDog why cant i post in your prediction thread, it tells me to sign in, when iam signed in, yet i can post in this and every other thread? Wasn't able to post to it last game either.....
Strange. Could be a bug. I've had issues in the past trying to reply to a post and it tells me I am not logged in when I clearly am. PM me your picks if you can't straighten it out.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Particularly if you're bringing Webber into the mix, presumably, he'll get a game when the playoff positioning can't be changed.

Timmins should also get game time as well this week in case there are injuries in the first round

I agree with this, I'd like to get reps in with all 9 d before the playoffs. If you want to give Webber a shot, do it in the last game of the year.

------

It's nice to finally have a lot of depth option in case of injuries.

Domi - Matthews - Bertuzzi
McMann - Tavares - Nylander
Jarnkrok - Holmberg - Marner
Knies - Kampf - Dewar
Option 1- Reaves if we need toughness
Option 2- Robertson if we need scoring
Others - Gregor, Steeves

Rielly - McCabe
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit - Edmundson
Lyubushkin
Giordano
Timmins
Webber

Sammy
Woll
Jones
Murray

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
What an enormous game for Detroit.

wildcardrace4132023.png

This is one of those rare occasions I wouldn't mind an overtime or shootout win for the Buds. Detroit could use the 1 point as they try to track down Crosby and the Pens. I hope they do would love to see Kane in the post season again. Caps have a legit shot too but have been pretty garbage lately.

OT winner by Matthews and be #70 please and TY hockey gods. GLG

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Happy Lily is in.

Concerned:
- Hopefully we are not forcing the issue with Domi. we need him at 100% for the playoffs. I would have rested him.
- Edmundson is going to be a key piece for us in the playoffs IMO; we need him to get a few games under his belt before playoffs. It sucks that guy is having issues. Ideally he isn't starting in the playoffs cold that could be problematic

Here is hoping for:
- Clean game (W or L don't care); everyone just stay healthy
- Matthews score 70 goales, Nylander hopefully gets closer to 100

Willy was robbed off 3 points against the Devils he could have been sitting on 99 right about now

Today is the day AM34 gets it done!

The HNIC special -> Matthews 70 goals

LEGENDARY!!!

:yo:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Our version of stone lol

Didn’t think we had 1, 4 he says, yay us.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Conversely, if the Leafs lose all three games and Tampa wins all three of their games...but that's also not going to happen. Meanwhile, on the other side, Carolina can pass the Rangers, which actually becomes plausible if the Rangers lose in regulation to the Islanders this afternoon (how plausible that is would be a different story).

Quite franly my ideal 1st round match ups for my own entertainment would be....

East
Leafs Vs Bruins
Panthers Vs Bolts
Rangers Vs Isles
Canes Vs Caps (b/c I m a bigger Ovi fan than Crosby and also F dubas)

West
Dallas Vs VGK (that would be awesome)
Jets Vs Avs (is pretty much a given)
Nucks Vs Oilers (but not gonna happen :( so we are probably looking at Preds Vs Nucks
Kings Vs Oilers (Boring!)

Except for Dallas Vs VGK and my man crush on Mack and Makar; I really don't have much interest in 1st round match ups for the West

East on the other hand seems to be a lot more fun if the match ups end up like I've listed

Last edited:
Reactions: TMLife17

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
lol can you imagine. It would take a monumental plague of injuries for him to see the net these playoffs.

few years ago (I don't recall which season) Avs would have won the cup if they didn't have so many injuries in the net. They were playing their 3rd or 4th goalie in net and they still took Dallas to 7 games and lost in OT

Its just the way the cookie crumbles. hockey gods owe leafs nation for years of misery; may be this is a sign ;)

:crossfing

Reactions: crump and TMLife17

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Quite franly my ideal 1st round match ups for my own entertainment would be....

East
Leafs Vs Bruins
Panthers Vs Tampa
Rangers Vs Isles
Canes Vs Caps (b/c I m a bigger Ovi fan than Crosby and also F dubas)

West
Dallas Vs VGK (that would be awesome)
Jets Vs Avs (is pretty much a given)
Nucks Vs Oilers (but not gonna happen :( so we are probably looking at Preds Vs Bucks
Kings Vs Oilers (Boring!)

Except for Dallas Vs VGK and my man crush on Mack and Makar; I really don't have much interest in 1st round match ups for the West

East on the other hand seems to be a lot more fun if they match ups end up like I've listed
Those East matchups would be insane! One can dream. And ya I mostly just hate watch the Western games. Let’s go Dallas?

• Love
Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad