GDT: detroit does carolina - 02feb18

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I've always thought there's bound to be some Ben Folds song that would work for like an audience chant with some kind of na-na or woo-ooh or something. Maybe battle of who could care less or Annie waits with the clapping. I don't know just off the top of my head. I haven't really followed him closely since like 2008...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The worst people in rock music (Ted Nugent/Kid Rock) do Carolina

I'm not sure what bands are from Raleigh but surely they're better by default

I say since we're the "Carolina" Hurricanes, we can claim Hootie and the Blowfish by default. Few things scream 1995ish music quite like Hold my Hand and Only Wanna Be With You.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah, I recognize there are always fans that people don't care for. One older couple that sat in front of us 1 year when I had STH, couldn't stand my active and boisterous kids. They made it pretty clear, so I made sure not to sit by them the following season. What bothers 1 person is fine with another.

The fantasy hockey guys weren't bothering me too much, but were driving my buddy nuts as he was right in front of them and I was off to the side a bit.

I spent a half-season a few years back in the row directly in front of Elias Lindholm's family. He had four tickets that they paid for, and they were almost always filled by Swedish-speaking folks who had spent a few grand at The Eye on anything and everything with "16" on it. Anybody who knows how I feel about young Elias knows that was a really rough season for me. I couldn't even keep my unofficial "offense dies on Lindholm's stick again" count.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I will be there, with a Wings fan...

Anyone know of any good locations in PNC to hide something roughly body sized?

Coincidence, I'll be doing the same. The only games I've been to this year have been with fans who cheer for someone else.

Side note, still no starting goaltender announced. I bet Peters gets second guessed hard no matter who he rolls with. I'd personally probably throw Ward out there until the back to back next Friday/Saturday, unless he gives up 3+ in a loss. Darling just can't be trusted, and it goes without saying that right now every point matters.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Man, Darling is going to be feeling a ****load of pressure, and not just from whatever fast food he probably ate this morning.

giphy-tumblr.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad