Confirmed Trade: [DET/PHI] Petr Mrazek (50% retained) for 2018 cndl 4th round pick and 2019 cndl 3rd round pick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not trying to say he's been great, but maybe our defense should stop making passes to the opposition when they are standing in the high slot.

You’re not running an .887 sv% because everyone else is making mistakes. This is the NHL, give your team a chance to win.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You’re not running an .887 sv% because everyone else is making mistakes. This is the NHL, give your team a chance to win.

Again, im not saying he's great. He over plays his angles constantly (the "highlight" goal from Bjork last night is a perfect example), but I can't really fault him for at least two of them. Look at it from the other perspective - This is the NHL, give your goalie a chance to make a save.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mrazek is the gift that keeps on giving, We pretty much told the Flyer fans what they were getting with Petr. And we were correct.
In fairness, we also had Red Wings fans demanding 2nd round-plus for him.

Mrazek for me was pretty close to the bottom of the list for me for trade targets, but no other goalies were moved at the deadline other than Kuemper, so it’s hard to criticize the move and with Elliott and Neuvirth still both out, they can’t completely abandon him. But we should also be able admit that his ‘nhl experience’ doesn’t give him a pass because he stinks, and they should be able to recognize that Alex Lyon doesn’t completely implode.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Mrazek for me was pretty close to the bottom of the list for me for trade targets, but no other goalies were moved at the deadline other than Kuemper, so it’s hard to criticize the move and with Elliott and Neuvirth still both out, they can’t completely abandon him. But we should also be able admit that his ‘nhl experience’ doesn’t give him a pass because he stinks, and they should be able to recognize that Alex Lyon doesn’t completely implode.
None of us Red Wing fans were ever asking a 2nd for Mrazek, That was strictly Ken Holland there. We pretty much said that with a $2 million retention that a 2018 3rd round pick was fair for Mrazek before all is said and done that's probably what it's going to be unless the Flyers collapse and miss the playoffs and Mrazek doesn't win another game in the Flyer Jersey. And i don't see either happening.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
None of us Red Wing fans were ever asking a 2nd for Mrazek, That was strictly Ken Holland there. We pretty much said that with a $2 million retention that a 2018 3rd round pick was fair for Mrazek before all is said and done that's probably what it's going to be unless the Flyers collapse and miss the playoffs and Mrazek doesn't win another game in the Flyer Jersey. And i don't see either happening.

There were plenty of fans on here in the thread asking for a 2nd, and even one or two that asked for a first.

Now, every fan basehas their outliers, but that definitely happened. the general ask was somewhere between a 2nd and a 3rd (3rd+3rd ish).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There were plenty of fans on here in the thread asking for a 2nd, and even one or two that asked for a first.

Now, every fan basehas their outliers, but that definitely happened. the general ask was somewhere between a 2nd and a 3rd (3rd+3rd ish).
Which really is what the price is based on performance, which are trades Ken Holland has been known to do. It was a perfect storm of events.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

The Red Wings fans asking for 2nd+ would be the ones who are livid with Holland for even moving Mrazek in the first place. We had a contingent who were stumping for Holland to be castrated when Mrazek started 3-0 with a 1 something GAA. 90% of Wings fans knew exactly what he was..

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Which really is what the price is based on performance, which are trades Ken Holland has been known to do. It was a perfect storm of events.

I was ok with the price And even mostly called it on here in the thread. The fact that it didn't pan out sucks, but there weren't many better options available, and quite honestly, a 3rd should mean nothing to the Flyers at this point, given their prospect depth.

We took a gamble and we lost. But the reality is, we had no business being in first in the metrololitan, so house money as far as I'm concerned.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
To say he was horrendous last night against us is an understatement. Yikes.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
So in all likelihood with Neuvirth and Elliott under contract next year and Mrazek not doing enough to earn a contract replacing one of the two... The final is trade is likely a 3rd round pick.

Was he worth it?

He really was not enough of an upgrade over Lyon

Mrazek - GAA 3.22 Record 6-3-3 SV% 0.891
Lyon - GAA 2.75 Record 4-2-1 SV% 0.905

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
So in all likelihood with Neuvirth and Elliott under contract next year and Mrazek not doing enough to earn a contract replacing one of the two... The final is trade is likely a 3rd round pick.

Was he worth it?

He really was not enough of an upgrade over Lyon

Mrazek - GAA 3.22 Record 6-3-3 SV% 0.891
Lyon - GAA 2.75 Record 4-2-1 SV% 0.905

Was happy with the deal. Worked out just enough to get us in. Maybe Lyon would have done better. I'd redo such a trade if my 2 goalies go down in the strtech run.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
So basically a 3rd to guarantee a playoff spot and 6 games experience for Provorov, Patrick and Konecny. Seems worth it for the Flyers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So basically a 3rd to guarantee a playoff spot and 6 games experience for Provorov, Patrick and Konecny. Seems worth it for the Flyers.

This.

Maybe lyon would have done the same/better. He looked equally good and shaky during that time, so we'll never know. Some of the kids got 6 games of PO experience, some got 4, cause our coach is an idiot.

That 3rd round pick to see the heart that Ivan Provorov has was worth it, to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad