Confirmed Trade: [DET/NYR] Ryan Sproul for Matt Puempel

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
A little surprised considering the Rangers have two young, really talented RHDs in Tony Deangelo and Neal Pionk, but hell, if we can turn him around, we'll have a nice crop of RHD.

On a side-note, I wonder if this means Bereglazov is going back to Russia

On another side-note, Sproul's better half is absolutely gorgeous

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
A little surprised considering the Rangers have two young, really talented RHDs in Tony Deangelo and Neal Pionk, but hell, if we can turn him around, we'll have a nice crop of RHD.

On a side-note, I wonder if this means Bereglazov is going back to Russia

On another side-note, Sproul's better half is absolutely gorgeous
She's average? Well I'm spoiled, i live in Sweden.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
For anyone that likes this kind of thing...(this is one of my more cutting ones, but I do not think highly of this player at all, apologies to his fan(s)...)

Matt Puempel (LW) - Perimeter, goal-scoring winger. Has a good release and a plus shot. Plays a very low residue game that doesn't leave a lasting impression. Doesn't possess a noteworthy skill set in terms of puck skills or passing ability. He is generally only in the middle of the ice if he is in front on the PP, otherwise he accepts being pushed to the margins. Has poor skating technique which compromises his mobility in all facets. His feet push out and away to the sides, so it takes him a while to get going. A wide base and poor form prevent any chance at a cross-over. His top speed can tickle average after about five or six strides. Despite his size, he isn't a remotely physical player and can be knocked off the puck readily. Has shown little desire or know-how to play defense. Generally doesn't have a sense of urgency on the rink. Behind his shot, his second best asset is how quickly he comes off the rink - typically the first of his line to pack it up.

Likely potential: Top-six AHL forward, like a less talented version of Erik Christensen.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
This was all about making room/icetime for Saarijarvi/Hronek etc so I think Detroit really had to make this kind of move if only for AHL motives. Good luck to Sproul he was a guy that I wanted them to draft and they did, a somewhat rare occurrence as a fan.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
She's average? Well I'm spoiled, i live in Sweden.

This has inspired me to start a new form of trade threads. Our team is pretty morbid and your's is stacked, so we're looking to rebuild over here.

America will trade Sweden an aging Jennifer Aniston if Sweden would be willing to take on Rosie O'Donnell's large... contract. We're looking for young prospects in return. You can't complain, Jennifer has a few good years left at least.

Reactions: phillyb

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Interesting! Another DET to NYR trade after we traded Brendan Smith

What's the word on Puempel? Strengths and weaknesses overall?

Edit: Looks like Sheahan just got traded to Pit

i think both trades have more of an upside for the Wings than the Rangers of Pens just due to the fact that Wilson can produce fairly well on the bottom 2 lines like last year when he got 8 goals and 26 points and if Puempel could ever play a full season he himself might be able to do what Wilson did last year of perhaps double digits in goals and assists? solid moves for the Wings for 2 players that really weren't contributing much to the Wings roster.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
To the comment above, as a Rangers fan I really like Puempel at first and thought maybe he could put it together here. He really is not good at anything besides his shot and even that is just okay. he doesn't really do anything out there. 14th forward imo and I doubt he ever scored more than 20 points in a season again

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
And Sproul joins a long line of former HF forum untouchables of the past to finally be given up on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad