Proposal: Desharnais to Philly

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Another idle thought, if Montreal is concerned about cap next year:

David Desharnais (50% retained) and a negotiable pick for Matt Read (50% retained)

That way, Montreal gets a useful player back in exchange for DD (who a good chunk of your fanbase clearly wants gone), both teams pay roughly the same amount this year that they would (Philly would pay $62,500 less, giving us some leeway to negotiate with our RFAs, MTL would pay that amount more for this season), Philly and Montreal split the salary burden next season, and in exchange for that we get a pick, whatever people feel is equivalent value to $1,812,500.

Personally, I'd do it from a habs perspective. Would really depend on if Bergevin thinks read is worth 1.8mil.

That said, Read at 1.8 would likely hold some value. If Bergevin doesn't like him, he could flip him for a pick, recouping the pick he gave the Flyers.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
No to DD for Read. DD is better and his contract is only 1 year.

No to DD vs Schultz. No need for Schultz and the small cap saving is not worth it.

Get reality check. DD is at worst a 0,5ppg center, even on a 3rd line.

Bergevin won't trade DD for lesser player. Only 1 year left. No need to bend over to clear him. Instead. Find him good gritty 3rd line wingers (Carr and Shaw) and everything will be fine.

we are talking about david desharnais here right ?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Personally, I'd do it from a habs perspective. Would really depend on if Bergevin thinks read is worth 1.8mil.

That said, Read at 1.8 would likely hold some value. If Bergevin doesn't like him, he could flip him for a pick, recouping the pick he gave the Flyers.

i would to . read would actually contribute and at 1.8 next year could be moved easier than desharnais at 3.5 this year.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Ya every nhl player that's ever mentioned him talks about how good he is and how he wins battles but you guys all know hes soft an weak and a big loser that no one wants. there is only one reason why fans hate dd. because hes a small frenchman that's perceived as holding back galchenyuk, so hes the scapegoat for years now and everyone rolls with it. everyone believes it. other fans love it "hes the coaches pet!" coach overuses him" thats all a load of ****, he f***kin hustles out there every game, you can harp on any players bad plays and only remember that. we could put together a bunch of clips of crosbys fups to and make him look like a ****** player. DD's production was similar to Hossa's last year, but no one would ever dream of cutting down hossa, because he isint a small frenchman on a board where anglo montrealers and canadians in general are over represented.

edit. and hextall would be happy as hell to get dd, especially for read lol, guaranteed to bring more scoring plus one year less on the contract

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Desharnais For Read huh!

Desharnais would most likely be a LWer if he was in the Flyers line up unless an injury occurs to one the the Flyers centres.
A LW Desharnais C Cousins RW Weise line don't look all that bad for the Flyers, that and it would push Laughton to the 4th line LW with C Gordon and RW Bellemare.

Also not sure what role Read would play in Montreal.

I guess I would do that trade but the details of salary retention or a draft pick going to Montreal would have to be hashed out.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Desharnais For Read huh!

Desharnais would most likely be a LWer if he was in the Flyers line up unless an injury occurs to one the the Flyers centres.
A LW Desharnais C Cousins RW Weise line don't look all that bad for the Flyers, that and it would push Laughton to the 4th line LW with C Gordon and RW Bellemare.

Also not sure what role Read would play in Montreal.

I guess I would do that trade but the details of salary retention or a draft pick going to Montreal would have to be hashed out.

You mean they wouldn't put a top 3 pick on the wing to accommodate Desharnais?

Does not compute :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad