Derrick Poulliot Scores first NHL Goal on his First shot

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Good offensive dman and PP QB but he really has to work on his d zone play. Been pretty mediocre defensively at the AHL level.

He was actually really poised in his end tonight. Started off with some jitters, but as the game went on his confidence improved. He was paired with Scuderi as the #3 and got around 15 TOI. Not too shabby for a first game.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
He really looked good in the world juniors, his skating reminded me a lot of Duncan Keith.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Good offensive dman and PP QB but he really has to work on his d zone play. Been pretty mediocre defensively at the AHL level.
You were watching him in the AHL? Because from the reports, it looked like he was progressing there defensively, too.

Anyways, if he would be good defensively, he would be TOP3 overall calibre draft pick instead of 8th overall. He´s still doing pretty well so far in his career, I guess. Needs some work defensively, that´s pretty obvious. But he´s not gonna be a perennial liability in that aspect, imo.

LionelHutz*

Didn't look all that bad in his own zone as the main knock on him was reported, Granted he was paired with Scuds to mostly cover up and mask up for him, But all in all he looked better good for a 20 year old kid in his NHL debut, Then again with the ridiculous amount of Defensive depth the team has on the roster and in the system he doesn't really need to be Nik Lidstrom in his prime, He can afford to get by being BBQ Sauce Bruce era Mike Green, Just as long as he's being smart about it.

BurghThang

Dec 14, 2013
His D-Zone exit passes tonight were excellent, with the exception of maybe one...

The goal was an absolute snipe...I'm excited to watch this kid for years to come

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Bob Errey or Stiegy mantioned tonight that HCMJ has been lobbying for the kid to get called up. So, He might be up for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad