Player Discussion Derrick Pouliot, Pt. II: Will not be qualified (again)

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
We shouldn't judge him until he plays 300 NHL games.

I think if anything we've learned that we should not judge any top 10 pick in any way until.....forever...they should just have the benefit of the doubt through to being 29 year old journeymen on the verge of being out of the NHL.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
He was so bad tonight. Looks like the player Pittsburgh gave up on.
Did you watch a lot of his games then?

The whole defense got lit up by a hapless group of forwards and a joke goaltending performance. Yes he was bad but so was the whole group collectively. He's been a really nice find let's hope he doesn't lose his confidence

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Pouliot was --5 on the night and deserved it based on his play. But that Del Zott0 -Pouliot pairing is a catastrophe.....can't really decide who is worse, but tonight it was equal blame. What happened to Beiga?.....you can't tell me he'd be any softer than the current Canuck blueline.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Did you watch a lot of his games then?

The whole defense got lit up by a hapless group of forwards and a joke goaltending performance. Yes he was bad but so was the whole group collectively. He's been a really nice find let's hope he doesn't lose his confidence
yes

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
LOL.

The ENTIRE defense was brutal tonight and we have the anti-Pouliot club in here acting like he was the main culprit. The guy had a bad game just like everyone else on the entire team.... like literally the ENTIRE team.

Let's see how he and the rest of the team respond.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
LOL.

The ENTIRE defense was brutal tonight and we have the anti-Pouliot club in here acting like he was the main culprit. The guy had a bad game just like everyone else on the entire team.... like literally the ENTIRE team.

People focusing on Pouliot in the Pouliot thread, will wonders never cease.

Your handle is apt.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Of course the d was terrible tonight. We all know that. But Pouliot was really terrible. He was at the head of the parade down terrible avenue, waving the battle standard of terribleness as he swayed and boogied to bagppipes playing a terrible dirge.

That's how bad he was.

Yeah but we should be talking about how bad Stecher was in the Pouliot thread.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
LOL.

No kidding...Pouliot was -5....Even Brock Boeser was -4..

Pouliot is this years new "Granlund'.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I will say this for Pouliot. We need defenders who are willing to play a high risk game. Sometimes he will look good, sometimes he will have hilariously bad gaffes, but you can't have six guys that just chip it out like gudbranson.

I thought that Stecher and Hutton would bring more offensive swagger but their games seem to have been neutered. I hope the same doesn't happen with Pouliot.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
LOL.

Can’t comment as I didn’t watch but this thread has been bumped after almost every game, good or bad, should we call out the Pouliot brigade after a good game?

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Pouliot was --5 on the night and deserved it based on his play. But that Del Zott0 -Pouliot pairing is a catastrophe.....can't really decide who is worse, but tonight it was equal blame. What happened to Beiga?.....you can't tell me he'd be any softer than the current Canuck blueline.
I know, I can't decide which one is worse either. They're both so bad I find it nearly impossible to choose just one, I really want to choose both. I guess if a gun was held to my head I would probably go with Del Zotto. But then, this is the Pouliot thread, so...

Reactions: Jack Burton

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
LOL.

Uh, he was the main culprit.

Pretty much singlehandedly turned this game from a 2-goal loss into a blowout.

3 goals tonight were a direct result of him completely quitting on plays and making no effort whatsoever.

Reactions: Jack Burton

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
No kidding...Pouliot was -5....Even Brock Boeser was -4..

Pouliot is this years new "Granlund'.

Bolded is the most accurate post you've ever made on this forum.

--acquired for assets just before he was due to hit waivers: check.
--team he left had better options at his position but we should somehow be better for his presence: check.
--given lots and lots of unearned icetime: check.
--fanbase of team he comes from warning us he sucks: check.
--Benning fanboys pump him up when he clearly sucks: check.
--soft, gutless player who's useless along the boards and fades anytime the going gets tough: check.
--has same weaknesses since being drafted but Benning somehow thinks they're going to go away now: check.

Yup. He is most definitely this year's Granlund.

Called it.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
TBH I could careless if a player is gutless. Effectiveness is all that counts, and the fact that there's been 1 game like this doesn't discount all the good will he's bought.

I want to see him more in situations like this. Because I doubt he would preform like this over 100 games. Maybe this is just a statistical anomaly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad