Injury Report: Dermott

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
There is nothing sillier than making cocky prognostications based on zero knowledge. Book that Dr. WTF.
He took a puck off in the inside of the foot. It's obvious he won't play until the playoffs at least. (which will be about 2 weeks from his injury). What's your deal?! Additionally, I have taken a puck off the inside of the foot, and I was out a month. So I feel pretty good about my prognostication.

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
View attachment 109835
off the inside of his left foot, without him even seeing it.
image 1: hits medial malleolus, image 2 bounces off.
Really hoping it's just the bone. I injured the same area a year ago and I wake up to pain every day from nerve and tendon damage. Takes about 30 minutes before it gets warmed up and feels normal. Joints are tricky to diagnose and heal.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Really hoping it's just the bone. I injured the same area a year ago and I wake up to pain every day from nerve and tendon damage. Takes about 30 minutes before it gets warmed up and feels normal. Joints are tricky to diagnose and heal.

Oh man, don't even get me started on foot problems. Getting injured there is one of the worst things that could happen. I injured my shoulder at the gym, by doing dumbbell presses. I took the movement too far down, and it stressed the hell out of my right shoulder. It took about 6 months of avoiding that lift, for it to be back to 100%. I've had zero problems with it for years. My left foot? Goddamn. One throw when I was training some martial arts, and I was hobbling for about 3 months. Even after that, there were random times where the pain would just spike out of nowhere. That injury happened about 5 years before the shoulder one. I just tried massaging that part of my foot now, hit a knot in it, and felt a nice surge of hot pain go to two of my toes. I think foot or lower body injuries take longer to heal (if they even do), because we're constantly stressing them. It'd be great if I could avoid walking for a month straight, but I have to do this annoying crap called work, and I need to be on my feet for that.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Oh man, don't even get me started on foot problems. Getting injured there is one of the worst things that could happen. I injured my shoulder at the gym, by doing dumbbell presses. I took the movement too far down, and it stressed the hell out of my right shoulder. It took about 6 months of avoiding that lift, for it to be back to 100%. I've had zero problems with it for years. My left foot? Goddamn. One throw when I was training some martial arts, and I was hobbling for about 3 months. Even after that, there were random times where the pain would just spike out of nowhere. That injury happened about 5 years before the shoulder one. I just tried massaging that part of my foot now, hit a knot in it, and felt a nice surge of hot pain go to two of my toes. I think foot or lower body injuries take longer to heal (if they even do), because we're constantly stressing them. It'd be great if I could avoid walking for a month straight, but I have to do this annoying crap called work, and I need to be on my feet for that.

Sounds like Shea Weber's foot. :sarcasm:

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Dermott off the ice 17 minutes in, likely not playing tomorrow

So you're saying there's a chance.... :sarcasm:

I'm not overly concerned... actually glad he was able to go at it for 17 mins, all things considered... just be ready for game 1... Dermatologist appointments usually take some time anways :)

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Sit Dermott. There is zero reason for him to play given that it doesn't matter if we win or lose.
If he's good to go then there is some value getting him into the last game of the season. Can be good to let him get work himself back into a game situation when the game don't matter.

But if he's not feeling 100% then wait for Game 1.

Reactions: Buds17

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If he's good to go then there is some value getting him into the last game of the season. Can be good to let him get work himself back into a game situation when the game don't matter.

But if he's not feeling 100% then wait for Game 1.

Maybe play 7 Dmen and give him 8 minutes of ice-time or something? Only if he's 100% though for sure.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Just good he was on the ice.

Hope he can get a game in but it's not too important if he doesn't.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Its so good to have this lazy feeling where winning or losing doesnt matter anymore and we can just relax knowing we have already secured a playoff spot.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Dermott-Martin pairing sounds like something Marner would do in NHL 18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad