Player Discussion Dennis Seidenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
Is that so he's able to expose his 4M for the expansion and meet the 25% rule?

Seids is now a slow overpaid #5 who is great on the PK. Bruins will improve when they'll be able to spend his 4M more adequatly.

Only one of Seids, McQuaid, K. Miller should be back next year. I'm keeping Seids to help with the expansion draft. Cap should not be a problem this offseason even with Seidenberg. Next year is different as Marchand, Spooner, and Pastrnak need new contracts.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Kevan Miller does not belong in the top 4. He is a bottom pairing dman.

I think he is borderline top 4 but he is much better than he gets credit for, there is a reason he was +15 last year despite the team being very mediocre. He is very affordable and can skate better than McQuaid or Seidenberg, and is more competent with the puck. With a healthy upgrade on the right for Chara and a faster bottom pair I think he has a spot next to Krug.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not as annoying as being on a stair master and some chick gets on thr one next to you and on her phone and doesn't shut the **** up about her complicated life

There must be an epidemic. Same by me. Forgot my headphones a couple days this week and the line of women all gab , with each other, but same ****.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Only one of Seids, McQuaid, K. Miller should be back next year. I'm keeping Seids to help with the expansion draft. Cap should not be a problem this offseason even with Seidenberg. Next year is different as Marchand, Spooner, and Pastrnak need new contracts.

What should be, could be and will be many times vary in things. It's a bit far fetched (IMO) to think that they'd clean house to the extent that 3 of those 4 would be jettisoned prior to next season.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
What should be, could be and will be many times vary in things. It's a bit far fetched (IMO) to think that they'd clean house to the extent that 3 of those 4 would be jettisoned prior to next season.

There were only 3 listed : Seids, McQuaid, and K.Miller

Seids should be gone, and one of McQuaid and K. Miller as well. I suppose McQuaid and KM are pretty close, and keeping KM gives you more cap space, so I guess you keep him, although I was pretty tough on him last year.
They need two D for the top pairing. Push Chara down to the 2nd unit. Last year was a wasted year for C. Miller and Morrow, but I don't think Sweeney can afford to play both, and let them grow. Pick the better of the two, and trade the other. Get a journey D'man as #7 or down in Prov for call up insurance.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I'd be cool with replacing almost all of them.

I for one am glad it's not your decision, then. There's plenty of bottom four talent and the team needs it. Just need top pairing talent. Stuck with Chara for now. Move Seids and McQuaid. Probably won't be able to pick up TWO top dmen so have to be content with one for now.

No issues with keeping Killer, Chiller and Krug. Trotman and Morrow likely to stay, or maybe even Liles.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I for one am glad it's not your decision, then. There's plenty of bottom four talent and the team needs it. Just need top pairing talent. Stuck with Chara for now. Move Seids and McQuaid. Probably won't be able to pick up TWO top dmen so have to be content with one for now.

No issues with keeping Killer, Chiller and Krug. Trotman and Morrow likely to stay, or maybe even Liles.

You are correct ,bottom 4 talent is needed but it really is a dime a dozen . The only two D who I think NEED to come back are Chara and Krug . If Sweeney can bring in two top D ( good luck with that Don ) then I really am not concerned with who stays or goes as far as Seids , McQuaid , K Miller and Morrow . I know I am in the minority but I would like to see Trotman stay and play on the third pair .

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
You are correct ,bottom 4 talent is needed but it really is a dime a dozen . The only two D who I think NEED to come back are Chara and Krug . If Sweeney can bring in two top D ( good luck with that Don ) then I really am not concerned with who stays or goes as far as Seids , McQuaid , K Miller and Morrow . I know I am in the minority but I would like to see Trotman stay and play on the third pair .

I hear ya, man. I'd be fine with only Krug coming back. ...and, well, C. Miller...I haven't seen enough of him.

But, it's not really reality. If I had to bet, I'd say DS brings in two new faces on D. Any more than that, and I'm shocked at the volume of work. Only one new face, and I wouldn't even be surprised. A disappointing guy, like Yandle.

I look at guys like Chara, Krug, McQuaid, and C. Miller or Morrow as close to locks. Leaving only Seids and K. Miller as target slots where you can bring in a guy.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

When I said all of them I meant Seidenberg, Kevan Miller, McQuaid, Trotman, and Krug if it brought back a Top RD and they could bring in Yandle/Goligoski.

I didn't mean the entire group. Chara can stay, and Colin Miller and Morrow as they are still young and cheap.

But this team doesn't need excess Bottom 4 talent. Especially slow moving relics like Boston's bottom D and all overpaid (or will be) for what they bring.

Plenty of bottom 4 talent and this team needs it? You must be joking.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Plenty of bottom 4 talent and this team needs it? You must be joking.

Nope, not joking. Every team needs bottom four talent, just like every team needs top pairing talent. Right now, as we know the roster, my position is the team has zero top pairing talent. Zero! As in none. Chara is at best a mid-pairing dman now. However, given the lack of top-pairing talent he will be asked to continue to play in this role. The team needs a real top-pairing dman to play with him.

Krug, C. Miller, K. Miller, Morrow, Trotman...all very serviceable mid- and bottom-pairing dmen. Why move them? You need them. And Krug is most certainly NOT a dime-a-dozen player. Thankfully, I believe the FO intends to keep him, despite the negative feelings expressed by some on this forum. I'm not sure what we have yet in C. Miller but at his contract the team should keep him until they find out.

I expect the team will try to move Seids and McQuaid this off season. I hope they can.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nope, not joking. Every team needs bottom four talent, just like every team needs top pairing talent. Right now, as we know the roster, my position is the team has zero top pairing talent. Zero! As in none. Chara is at best a mid-pairing dman now. However, given the lack of top-pairing talent he will be asked to continue to play in this role. The team needs a real top-pairing dman to play with him.

Krug, C. Miller, K. Miller, Morrow, Trotman...all very serviceable mid- and bottom-pairing dmen. Why move them? You need them. And Krug is most certainly NOT a dime-a-dozen player. Thankfully, I believe the FO intends to keep him, despite the negative feelings expressed by some on this forum. I'm not sure what we have yet in C. Miller but at his contract the team should keep him until they find out.

I expect the team will try to move Seids and McQuaid this off season. I hope they can.

Well Trotman and Kevan Miller are UFAs, Kevan Miller won't be cheap anymore, so that one reason not to keep them.

They both belong on the 3rd pair of any team, and that 3rd Pair RD spot should be Colin Millers to lose, so that's another reason.

Already said I'd keep Colin and Morrow.

Krug I only move if I bring in Goligoski or Yandle and now move Krug in exchange for a Top 4 RD in the mold of Trouba/Shattenkirk/Vatanen/Brodin/etc. Otherwise I am more than happy to have Krug on the 2nd pair LD. Love the kid, think he's a fantastic hockey player, but from an asset management standpoint if I bring in Goligoski/Yandle I'd rather trade Krug to fill the bigger hole on the right-side than pay him, Chara, or Goligoski/Yandle big bucks to play 3rd pair LD.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Seidenberg plans to be with Bruins next season

Dennis Seidenberg is not only one of the more affable Bruins, he’s also very aware of what is being written and said.

When asked last night if he had any more clarity on his situation with the B’s, the defenseman didn’t miss a beat.

“I’m getting bought out and I’m done playing hockey,†deadpanned Seidenberg.

“No, nothing was mentioned,†Seidenberg said. “I’m planning to come back here. I’ve got two more years here, so we’ll see.â€

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...eidenberg_plans_to_be_with_bruins_next_season

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Seids, at Rob Ninkovitch's charity function last night, told a Herald reporter that he was not told anything at his exit interview that the Bruins were planning to move him. He said he is planning to stay to fulfill the last two years of his contract.

It was noted in the article that he has a full NTC until December of this year whereupon he can designate eight teams to which he can be traded. The article goes on to discuss a possible buyout which would affect the team for four years.

www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I wonder how long he's going to make everyone wait before he comes clean with his real age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad