Injury Report: Dennis Seidenberg

wils5150

Mar 19, 2014
massachusetts
all I can say is wow

If Seidenberg playing out the playoffs causes him to miss time at the start of next regular season, why wouldn't you do that? Who cares about the regular season, we can and did get a top seed with Bartkowski and Kevan Miller playing every night. We need Seidenberg right now.

An ACL isn't a life-altering injury either. It's not like where Marc Savard came back too soon from a concussion and still feels the effects of it. The worst thing that can happen to a guy coming back from an ACL injury is re-tearing the ACL, which will be surgically repaired and back to normal in another 6-8 months. It won't make him a permanent cripple. So what's the downside to bringing him back for the playoff run this year, our best chance at a cup?

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Assuming Seids is good to go health-wise, am I the only one that is somewhat concerned about a guy coming off an injury jumping into a do-or-die game without having seen game action in months? You always hear guys saying it takes a little time to adjust to the pace of a live game or getting in "game shape". As much as I love Seids and think it would be a remarkable story to see him in the lineup, part of me worries that he might get burned because he's not used to playing at a high intensity. If this was earlier in the series I wouldn't be as worried but in a winner take all......I dunno.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
all I can say is wow

Don't see why that statement is so ridiculous. I bet you Seidenberg would agree with it. We see guys all the time play though injuries in the postseason that they know are going to need surgery and require them to miss regular season games (Nathan Horton being a recent example). And this isn't even one of those cases.

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks
Assuming Seids is good to go health-wise, am I the only one that is somewhat concerned about a guy coming off an injury jumping into a do-or-die game without having seen game action in months? You always hear guys saying it takes a little time to adjust to the pace of a live game or getting in "game shape". As much as I love Seids and think it would be a remarkable story to see him in the lineup, part of me worries that he might get burned because he's not used to playing at a high intensity. If this was earlier in the series I wouldn't be as worried but in a winner take all......I dunno.

I don't think I'd be for Seids playing tomorrow if he was cleared. No defenseman should
just be thrown into game 7 having no prior experience in said series, especially against a speed team like the Habs.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

It's a minority opinion but no, you're not the only one. I covered that one what seems like ages ago in this thread. :laugh: Seidenberg skating with no contact/light contact is step 8 in about a 15 step process for what you want to optimally recover/rehab from this injury.

wils5150

Mar 19, 2014
massachusetts
I agree that any player would say they are good to go. I find it ridiculous because people make it sound like its no big deal. It is a big deal if he reinjures . You are basicly asking a the guy to go through another grueling rehab process. I just dont see it as a smart move

Don't see why that statement is so ridiculous. I bet you Seidenberg would agree with it. We see guys all the time play though injuries in the postseason that they know are going to need surgery and require them to miss regular season games (Nathan Horton being a recent example). And this isn't even one of those cases.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm obsessively checking this thread every time it gets bumped to see what his status is.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
I agree that any player would say they are good to go. I find it ridiculous because people make it sound like its no big deal. It is a big deal if he reinjures . You are basicly asking a the guy to go through another grueling rehab process. I just dont see it as a smart move

acl injuries are freak injuries in hockey. the only way he plays if he looks like he's strong on his skates so I wouldn't worry too much about reinjuring unless another freak thing happens

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
He'll return when he's ready but he won't be the same player right off the bat so my expectations are fairly low.

I agree with you on that much for sure. Even if he was ready, you don't throw him into the fire tonight, that's for damn sure.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Clode presser, regarding Seidenberg returning for G7: "Uh..I don't think so. I'd be very surprised."

So you're saying there's a chance! :yo: :amazed: :cry:

paree87

Oct 14, 2011
Boston
Cam Neely just said that Seidenberg would probably have returned next round toward the end of the series.

That's def not gamesmanship either. He was coming back.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Cam Neely just said that Seidenberg would probably have returned next round toward the end of the series.

I would have been more shocked if Seids didn't return if the B's had moved on to the next round.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

standing-in-the-rain-gif.gif

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

Cam Neely also said there were no injuries to Chara and Krejci.

Bruins Notebook: Breaking bad for Zdeno Chara
During his weekly radio appearance on the Felger and Mazz Show on 98.5, Bruins president Cam Neely was asked about injuries to Chara and Bruins center David Krejci. He said they weren’t injured and quickly moved on from the subject.

Unless compound fractures are now not considered an injury, makes you wonder whether Seids was actually going to play...or not. Personally, the loss to Habs aside I'm glad that decision was taken out of their hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad