Injury Report: Dennis Seidenberg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Patriots drafted the kid Dominique Easley last night... coming off ACL injury. And he's had one in the past before too. Zolak made a good point on the radio today.... ACL surgery is the new Tommy John surgery... you come back better and its not a huge deal.

Looking into it more I found a few cases of athletes who have played through torn ACLs:

-Logan Mankins 2011. Apparently his Quads were so strong that he was able to play a full season with the torn ACL.

-Josh Chapman 2011 Alabama football

-Corey Lewis 2011 Illinois football

All 3 are huge offensive lineman. While Seidenberg is a beast, he isn't quite Offensive Lineman size. Still, I know #44 is a workout freak and physical stud. I'm 100% sure he is doing everything physically possible to allow himself to get back on the ice this year.

He may come back this season, he may not. I still think he probably WILL if the Bruins get to the SCF. Even if he doesn't, clearly it's a possibility that's worth discussing, especially with subpar play from Bartkowski/Meszaros. And I'm totally OK with bringing him back at less than 100%, even if it means risk of re-injury and jeopardizes the start of next season for Seidenberg. I think the 2014 Bruins will be just fine in October and November without #44 if he somehow does re-injure himself. Anyway, my overall point is that this is absolutely a possibility for him to return. Not to Game 5, like some people think, but later in this Cup run, I wouldn't be surprised to see #44

Offensive linemen don't have to move [turn, cut, etc] the way hockey players do. Or other football players, such as QBs and WRs for that matter.

aejk

May 18, 2011
Wow. Part of me is excited to see if he can do it.

To me, he was one of the most important players in the 2011 cup run.

The other part of me is nervous that he will be able to play, but not yet be able to perform at the highest of level that is required.

If they make it to the finals...

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Jamie Erdahl ‏@JamieErdahl
Dennis Seidenberg was just seen taking some "light contact" from Jordan Caron & Andrej Meszaros after morning skate.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I want the Bruins to win this series so bad. Not only because we obviously want Boston to win all the time but because I want to see seidenberg again this year. Would be a miraculous return.

member 96824

At least they have Caron breaking him in. He couldn't lay a big hit to save his life...Dennis is safe under his care.

I heard Jordan Caron tried going knee on knee with him, and it actually shortened the entire process by 6 weeks.

Banshee

Apr 23, 2014
Concord, NH
"After taking some light contact from Jordan Caron, Dennis Seidenberg is suddenly a minus 68 on the season."

Caron took a two-minute penalty on the play, the B's lost the practice, and Seidenberg spent the rest of the afternoon missing shots, turning the puck over, and generally looking out of position - despite there only being 3 players on the ice at the time.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Caron took a two-minute penalty on the play, the B's lost the practice, and Seidenberg spent the rest of the afternoon missing shots, turning the puck over, and generally looking out of position - despite there only being 3 players on the ice at the time.

Seidenberg has been assessed a two minute minor for Caroning.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
My family has long gone to hate the Germans for that whole master race episode in the 40's. But if Seidenberg actually comes back to play in these playoffs, I for one will be on board with German's having some pretty epic genetics. By all accounts this is the impossible.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

I'm not seeing the name Bartkowski come up here and yet somehow I know he's involved.

member 96824

If he comes back, then I am questioning the doctors, the team and Dennis himself.

It took Adrian Peterson 9 months to come back and that is considered unheard of.

I suggest you read up on the injury and the rehab and recovery that come along with it.

He's not coming back and if he does, he's incredibly stupid and so are the Bruins.

Not asking in any form of snark, any form of "gotcha" or anything along those lines. Genuinely wondering, because it is an absolute concern to see someone come back this fast, regardless of what treatment they are under.

But do you still feel this way now that contact is under way and sources like Pierre McGuire are reporting he will be back if they advance? It actually has seemed like they've played it relatively cautious in terms of when he started skating to when he started taking contact.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I wont be excited until he's taking "water to the face" from Thornton... Then and only then will I know he's close to game shape. :sarcasm:

Woah woah woah. The guy hasn't played a game in how long, and you wanna subject him to that kind of punishment already?

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The part that is now really making me question my iron clad stance from before, is this business of light contact. It makes zero sense to even begin to have him face light contact now if the expectation is a return for training camps in the fall. The light contact is such an unnecessary risk in a situation where you're counting the guy out now. If it meant say 10% chance of jeopardizing his recovery, you'd never allow it. This tells me they're at least contemplating the chance of return, which is mind blowing and simultaneously awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Hey everyone...Dr. Adam Kaufman thinks it would be a "huge mistake" for the Bruins to bring back Seids.

"Despite the advances in modern medicine, it’s unnatural – even for freaks of nature like Seidenberg – to return from ACL/MCL tears just more than four months later (the estimated recovery time after suffering the injury on Dec. 27 and having surgery on Jan. 7 was six-to-eight months)."

Well if it's "unnatural", forget it. Forget what the doctors say.

Here's the crap if you want your eyes to bleed:
http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/..._bringing_back_dennis_seidenberg_mistake.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad