Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
ayK0z4n.jpg
LOL.. that is hillarious.

Reactions: tobu

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Absolutely ridicolous how they spent 6 minutes reviewing an offside that happened 100 seconds prior to the goal, especially when they were literally just reviewing whether the skate was a couple of millimeters above the ice.
I think they got the call right but the rule is stupid. Also, fire that linesman! The game went on forever as a result of that and the random goalie switches in the shootout.lol

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU

Here's another interesting scenario:
ROC loses both remaining games - they stay @12 pts,
this means that SWE also finishes @12 pts
CZE gets 2 pts vs SVK and finishes @12 pts
It would mean a threeway ROC/SWE/CZE split in points and internal games - goal difference in internal games would decide who misses the playoffs...

btw SUI theoretically also can end up @12 pts, if they lose vs GBR - but this is just too unrealistic to consider;)
(- but in that case we'd have SVK as the group winner @13 pts and four teams @12 pts)

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I think they got the call right but the rule is stupid. Also, fire that linesman! The game went on forever as a result of that and the random goalie switches in the shootout.lol

Yea the call was correct (even if I don't like it) and I guess I enjoyed the suspense :laugh:

Reactions: Czechboy

Morgen

May 22, 2014
This game was just LOL .Looking forward for tommorow match against Slovakia. :nod:

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Stopped watching the moment Czechs "scored" the supposed OT winner, had no idea it would be overturned. What a wild game and what a shame that Denmark couldn't advance despite having such an excellent tournament.

I feel the opposite - I am over the moon that the Danish concrete is out. I hate watching this ultra defensive style of hockey. Vomit emoji.

Don't get me wrong: there is objectively a lot to like. I think Denmark has selected the perfect tactical approach given the players they have, and they executed it excellently, not only in this game. They play with heart and discipline. So I am finding myself in a position where I like and respect the team, but hate actually watching them. It's like watching Greece playing football at Euro 2004. If you are old enough and into football ("soccer" for our North American friends), you know what I mean. Glad my viewing nightmare is over, well done the Czechs. (And - feels odd to say, given how much I hate watching their style - well done Denmark, too: a very disciplined, clever, tactically astute effort which could just as well have carried the team to the quarter finals.)

Regarding the offside call, as others have said, the rule is incredibly stupid, but the call was correct so no complaints there. Good call by the Danish coach as well on the challenge. Great reaction by the Czechs though - they thought they had won with only seconds to go, then get pegged back though a correct but unbelievably unlucky call, and don't let it affect them at all in the shootout, where they were perfect (outside of Hrubec perhaps).

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad