GDT: Denmark vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Huge game.

If Denmark can win in regulation they would eliminate the Czechs.

The Russia vs Sweden game has huge impacts today. Big day for the pool. Slovak fans might be as nervouse as anyone and they are not even playing.

I'm taking Czechs over Denmark in a very close game!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-31_9-16-38.png

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
A Denmark win is ideal for Sweden today probably, any overtime result works otherwise.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Klok is in form and has already had a great chance... but these crosschecking penalties need to go! Just dumb.

Thank you to the Dane for the great shot block.

And there you go, stupid penlty and Danes with a great goal. I keep saying I want one more save from Hrubec... that was under his glove ... which is where the first goal last game was.

Stupid penalty and weak shot in already. This has happened before in this tourney.

Great start for Danes!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Guess us Swedes need to hope for this game to go to overtime. A Denmark win is ideal otherwise.
You guys have the best goal differential.. it's a good team. I'm really curious how it all ends. I consider you the fav against Russia today to be honest. If Denmark wins I think it'ld help you as well.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You guys have the best goal differential.. it's a good team. I'm really curious how it all ends. I consider you the fav against Russia today to be honest. If Denmark wins I think it'ld help you as well.
Yeah thats right, I thought Denmark had 9 points but considering they only have 8 I will root for them. We definately aren’t favorites today though. Expecting a loss.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
If Denmark gets 3pts here, they are through to the QF, right? Czechs can no longer pass them? And then either the Czechs or Sweden will miss the QF. If Sweden takes 3pts vs Russia they qualify, any other result and Czechs qualify

Assuming Czechs take a point in the game vs Slovaks of course. Otherwise Sweden will qualify even when losing to Russia

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If Denmark gets 3pts here, they are through to the QF, right? Czechs can no longer pass them? And then either the Czechs or Sweden will miss the QF. If Sweden takes 3pts vs Russia they qualify, any other result and Czechs qualify
If Denmark win today they will still go out if Sweden beat Russia. They can’t pass Slovakia.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah thats right, I thought Denmark had 9 points but considering they only have 8 I will root for them. We definately aren’t favorites today though. Expecting a loss.
You definitely want Denmark to beat us. Good news, they are great at defending and 1-0 is all they really need. They key to them is score first. We didn't do that.

It is not as an important game to the Russians... they are also integrating new players. Plus Swedes are great at hockey and always make the quarters. I don't even think it'll be an upset.

You guys may leave the group with wins over Swiss and Russia.

Reactions: AB13

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Assuming Czechs take a point in the game vs Slovaks of course. Otherwise Sweden will qualify even when losing to Russia
Czechs need to take care of business. Today will be very tough and so will Slovakia.

I'm really curious which 4 teams advance out of here.lol

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
If Denmark win today they will still go out if Sweden beat Russia. They can’t pass Slovakia.

But if Sweden win vs Russia, then Sweden is 3rd with 12pts, Denmark 4th with 11 and Czechs 5th with 8pts. If the Czechs beat Slovakia, they will also get 11pts, but Denmark will be ahead on head-to-head meetings

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
But if Sweden win vs Russia, then Sweden is 3rd with 12pts, Denmark 4th with 11 and Czechs 5th with 8pts. If the Czechs beat Slovakia, they will also get 11pts, but Denmark will be ahead on head-to-head meetings
Only 4 teams progress and Slovakia, Russia and Switzerland already have 12 points. If Sweden win today we also get 12.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Klok back on the ice... last time Pesan benched him for a lot longer. Similar dumb crosscheck. FTR.. i've become a big Klok fan but know today will be a close game and no room for stupid penalties.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
No one will convince me Lenc should be on first line with Kovar and Kubalik.. I thought that line looked great with Zadina. Makes no sense to me but our annual punish NHL guys and promote the others seems to be continuing. Only the Czechs would toss an okay Extrliga guy on the first line and put a guy like Zadina on line 3.lol

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
As a Swede, I still think I cheer for Denmark 3pts here, because then we will qualify with 3pts vs Russia, otherwise we also have to hope for a regulation win for either team in Slovakia-Czechia

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
coaches seem to love Sklenicka.. feel like his minutes have been going up every game. I feel like, after Hronek, our D is a collection of similar ability type players. I've really enjoyed Musil's safe and steady game. I imagine Hronek has too!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
TSn commenting on how Danes changed their lineup after the goal. I could honestly see them riding this 1-0 lead all the way. They skate like hell, have great discipline and can defend.. great goalie.

Having said that.. awesome pressure from Czechs and a PP.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Zadina with 2 great looks on that PP.. we've hit the side of the net twice now and got a post.

Perfect period from Danes. They did exactly what they need to do. Did their gameplan to perfection. Czechs were putting on good pressure.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The Czech Republic have such a dangerous powerplay. Kovar has insanely good vision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad