GDT: Deliverance From Evil - Oilers v Flames Feb 6, 8 PM on HNIC & SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'm kind of surprised that people are blaming Ken for this when its obvious that it was his #1 goal right after the play-in
to fix the goaltending. Kosk/Smith was plan C.

Some people are always going to blame Holland because he’s not the GM they wanted.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I’m usually somewhat defensive of Koskinen, because he gets shelled by a lot of high quality scoring chances behind our D, but tonight is on him. Flames had some high-danger chances, I’m not expecting perfection, but he probably should’ve stopped 3 out of 6.

Reactions: yukoner88

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Koskinen has stopped them this game. problem is we have given up like 10, you expect him to save all 10?
Just look at what Markstrom did for Calgary in the first period. Calgary was "lucky" that they escaped only 2 down. Markstrom stood on his head. Koskinen's made some great saves but not comparable to Markstrom in this game.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
"mcDavid is better than Matthews"
Have to come in here with this when you know he’s objectively better? They’re both excellent players but you’re just lying to yourself with this.

Oh and only one of them has ever made it to the second round of the playoffs and it’s not nostrils.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Holland needs to fix this. No pick should be off limits to have a rebuilding team take him off our hands. And I suppose we can take any goalie they have back because mathematically, odds are they’re an upgrade.

Reactions: ZenOil and Oilhawks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I completely agree. 99% of the time, I’m all over our D for leaving him out to try, but that first goal was all koskinen, and set the tone for his entire night.

Its not even the first one, the second one was awful too.

And its not even the goals, its the lack of rebound control. You watch Markstrom, every f***ing puck sticks to him.

And its not even just the weak goals and the rebounds... Its the lack of the kind of saves you expect in this league to be able to stay in games.

Reactions: 3IR

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Anyone who thinks Koskinen has been the weakest link, does not understand the concept of team defence. Horrific odd man rushes and shitty defensive zone coverage.

He hasn't been responsible for those but there are around 3 goals he'd probably admit himself that he'd like to have back.

Reactions: Patch101

North

Jun 25, 2009
Anyone who thinks Koskinen has been the weakest link, does not understand the concept of team defence. Horrific odd man rushes and shitty defensive zone coverage.

Team d has been bad but he’s let in softies that clearly deflated the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad