GDT: Deliverance From Evil - Oilers v Flames Feb 6, 8 PM on HNIC & SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oct 15, 2017
Should have spent t the assets for Korpasalo or someome similar. Oilers will never ever make it deep with Koskinen.

Reactions: Proko88

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Everyone STILL bitching about Smith starting over Koski in the play-ins needs to stop. Smith at least had a track record of performing in the playoffs. Koskinen has an NHL track record of mediocrity and letting in back breaking goals.
Lol it was a terrible coaching decision and you know it.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Koskinen doing the swiss cheese tonight, it was clear after goal 3 he was off tonight, had we had a proper back up, Tippett could've pulled him then

This is just me, but I was a career beer league goalie. Whenever I let in the first shot of the game, it was usually a bad night. Throws your mental sharpness off. A lot of pro goalies obviously battle through it. But some don't. It seems early goals throws Koskinen off.

space321

May 11, 2011
The problem is every high danger scoring chance goes in. Every single one. Except the marner shot, which was a rarity. Every time we get momentum in any game we play the next shot goes in.

literally not every single one has gone in this game lmao, are you even watching?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
I’m usually a koskinen defender, but that first goal set the tone, and 6 gold on 27 shots tells the story.

this loss is on koskinen

This loss is on zero defensive zone team play, all a large percentage of our skaters care about is the other way, and Tippett enabled that attitude.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Do people really think Koskinen should save every high danger scoring chance against lol?

Bennett's literally 2 feet from the net wide open
It seems like the above average goalies (playoff team goaltending) seem to stop at least a few of those "sure thing" goals a game.

Reactions: TB12

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I'm depressed we didnt throw more money at Greiss. Surely our team should have been a more appealing locale than Detroit

Reactions: belair

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Tipps is a poor coach for riding Koski after the 3rd goal. You just knew he was going to have a pathetic outing after 3 on 7 shots.
What choice does he have. Skinner would have likely let in 10 tonight with the number of high quality scoring chances we’re giving up.

Reactions: TB12

space321

May 11, 2011
It seems like the above average goalies (playoff team goaltending) seem to stop at least a few of those "sure thing" goals a game.

Koskinen has stopped them this game. problem is we have given up like 10, you expect him to save all 10?

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Pretty clearly wasn’t which was why he went after Markstrom, Greiss, and Holtby (thank goodness we missed on him).

I'm kind of surprised that people are blaming Ken for this when its obvious that it was his #1 goal right after the play-in
to fix the goaltending. Kosk/Smith was plan C.

Reactions: TB12 and nabob

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
I’m usually a koskinen defender, but that first goal set the tone, and 6 gold on 27 shots tells the story.

this loss is on koskinen

If he didn't let in 3 soft goals it's probably a different game, but the defense isn't doing much to help him out. Either way, not going to win many games having to score 7 goals

Reactions: TB12 and 3IR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia