GDT: Deliverance From Evil - Oilers v Flames Feb 6, 8 PM on HNIC & SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The Flames recalled Byron Froese, so maybe still keeping Bennett out?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Making GDTs is your work now.

23148DA5-D5AE-4DDF-8FE9-7B5FF1F9CBB4.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Stellar GDT. I can't believe I was right that a @5 Mins 4 Ftg made Flames GDT would feature a cow at some point. I ti\ook a real shot in the dark with that prediction. ;)

I love the "meets metal" vid at the end. You guys who are into rock should check out that guy (erock) on Youtube, he has hundreds of Metal themes of Movies, TV Shows, Games etc. The guy is a genius.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Interesting. I never read that. Maybe we’re getting a Sean Avery situation and his whole team has become almost embarrassed by his antics?

From Elliott Friedman's 31 Thoughts article (February 2):

"5. The Flames were feisty in their two most recent games, wins over Montreal and the Jets. That’s not a coincidence. When Matthew Tkachuk exploded at the end of last Tuesday’s loss to Toronto, it wasn’t about Jake Muzzin flipping the puck at him. If you dish it out, you’ve got to take it. I think he was upset that no one joined him in the scrum.

Calgary held a players-only meeting last Friday, and it sounds like he conveyed that message. It was received, although some comments were made to him that it can’t be a riot every night. Get your feelings in the open, get it sorted out, and play. The results speak for themselves."

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
From Elliott Friedman's 31 Thoughts article (February 2):

"5. The Flames were feisty in their two most recent games, wins over Montreal and the Jets. That’s not a coincidence. When Matthew Tkachuk exploded at the end of last Tuesday’s loss to Toronto, it wasn’t about Jake Muzzin flipping the puck at him. If you dish it out, you’ve got to take it. I think he was upset that no one joined him in the scrum.

Calgary held a players-only meeting last Friday, and it sounds like he conveyed that message. It was received, although some comments were made to him that it can’t be a riot every night. Get your feelings in the open, get it sorted out, and play. The results speak for themselves."
Yep. Wants to act like a complete asshole on the ice but wants his team to protect him every time from the consequences. Sounds about right.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I expect the opposite, to be honest. The Flames reportedly are not happy with their own lack of pugnacity and heart. (Weiner Boy cried in their player-only meeting about players not having his back. Makes sense, his schtick only works if his teammates back him up.)

And this is a big game tonight especially for the Flames, because a loss would set them squarely outside that top 4 spot. They need a win. And on top of that, this is a stage-setting game for the season series between two teams who look like they might be the two teams battling it out for that last spot. Someone is going to want to set the tone for this game, and you can bet your butt that Tkatchuk is going to relish that opportunity.

Most importantly, these two teams hate each other. I think we have the recipe of a good ol fashion barn burner tonight!

If the score gets out of hand one way or the other, I could see it for sure. The Flames looked like limp noodles against Winnipeg and were lucky to win one game, thanks to Hellybuck.

No question the BoA rivalry is back on after a fairly pedestrian number of years but I'm just not sure tonight is the night. Maybe when they play each other back to back later this month there'll be some fireworks. I think there are big problems in their room. Even after their meeting, it took Markstrom going all world to beat the Habs 1-0 (final score 2-0 with an EN goal) and a gift from Hellebuyck got them a shootout win otherwise they'd have the same number of wins as Ottawa right now.

Funny how when Lucic was here, there were rumors of a divided room. He goes to Calgary and just into his second season, it seems they have a divided room. Coincidence or not, it's kinda funny.

I think it'll be a good game for sure. Going to need Koskinen to elevate his game because Markstrom usually plays pretty strong against Edmonton.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I don't have any friends who are Flames fans, but why do they call that Mangiapne kid "Eat Bread"?

North

Jun 25, 2009
If the score gets out of hand one way or the other, I could see it for sure. The Flames looked like limp noodles against Winnipeg and were lucky to win one game, thanks to Hellybuck.

No question the BoA rivalry is back on after a fairly pedestrian number of years but I'm just not sure tonight is the night. Maybe when they play each other back to back later this month there'll be some fireworks. I think there are big problems in their room. Even after their meeting, it took Markstrom going all world to beat the Habs 1-0 (final score 2-0 with an EN goal) and a gift from Hellebuyck got them a shootout win otherwise they'd have the same number of wins as Ottawa right now.

Funny how when Lucic was here, there were rumors of a divided room. He goes to Calgary and just into his second season, it seems they have a divided room. Coincidence or not, it's kinda funny.

I think it'll be a good game for sure. Going to need Koskinen to elevate his game because Markstrom usually plays pretty strong against Edmonton.

I could see the room being divided there because other players sit due to poor play but not Lucic.

He served up the puck on a silver platter to Winnipeg in pretty much each game and didn’t even bother to back check. Yet he stays in the lineup.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I expect the opposite, to be honest. The Flames reportedly are not happy with their own lack of pugnacity and heart. (Weiner Boy cried in their player-only meeting about players not having his back. Makes sense, his schtick only works if his teammates back him up.)

And this is a big game tonight especially for the Flames, because a loss would set them squarely outside that top 4 spot. They need a win. And on top of that, this is a stage-setting game for the season series between two teams who look like they might be the two teams battling it out for that last spot. Someone is going to want to set the tone for this game, and you can bet your butt that Tkatchuk is going to relish that opportunity.

Most importantly, these two teams hate each other. I think we have the recipe of a good ol fashion barn burner tonight!

Apparently one thing that happened when Tkachuk complained about them not sticking up for him is some of them told him to tone it down basically.

They don’t like always having to come to his defense for his stupid shit.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

Im not so sure I'd say Lucic is causing the rift, however it is funny. Poor guy. Tkachuk does sound like a punk though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad