GDT: Delicious Backhands and Games in Hand are Cure Alls: Devils @ Flyers, 1 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't know. I have a feeling that if they made the playoffs, they might go back to Elliott between now and then.

We all know how Elliott sucks in the playoffs, even under Hitchcock. The Sharks were a beneficiary of Elliott blowing a head gasket in the WCF a couple years back. The Ducks certainly were a beneficiary last year.

Earlier in the season I told you I think Philly finishes higher than us, you disagreed.

Based on the last two match-ups have you changed your mind?

They were all over us in both games.

I hope Coleman and Santini are back in Monday night.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Really? I don't know them as well as I did a few years ago, but I thought they had a really good young defense, just terrible goaltending (like they always do).
They played their better goaltender today.

Fortunately, I don't think they know he's their better goaltender, so they'll probably go back to the guy they think is their better goaltender so enough.

Elliott without Hitchcock is like driving around on your dead battery without your jumper box. Without his jumper box (Hitch) he ain't gonna start. Well, he is gonna start literally, but not figuratively!

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
we are still a ways from the deadline. maybe sami was out big move or maybe we can do something. we have the space to take on anyone, dont really have the assests tho. bing isnt really tearing up the ahl.

Not sure I agree there. Boqvist, McLeod, JQ, Rykov, Walsh, Anderson, and several good European prospects. Can we trade the rights to guys we haven't signed yet? I think so. In any case, I do think we have the assets, I'm just not sure I'd want to spend them.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Not sure I agree there. Boqvist, McLeod, JQ, Rykov, Walsh, Anderson, and several good European prospects. Can we trade the rights to guys we haven't signed yet? I think so. In any case, I do think we have the assets, I'm just not sure I'd want to spend them.

ya ok that came out wrong. i think i meant what you just said. this year is basically house money. i meant tradeable assets. id rather hold on to what we have and try to make a splash this offseason and/or next year. not trying to start a debate but i want carlson. he would thrive here.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
You made the right decision there, cheating ain't cool!

The ****ty part is that these situations seem to happen when we aren't single. I remember locking eyes with a really beautiful woman when I was in a relationship 4.5 years back or so. She wouldn't stop looking at me and I thought ''She was beautiful, but I'd never consider cheating, it's not an option for me''. That **** never happens to me when I'm single! Ever! Literally never!

I was in a relationship 6 years ago that was already on the rocks and I met a woman that was perfect for me. I really considered ending the relationship I was in. When the relationship finally did end about 6 months later she had moved to Texas. Can't make this shit up.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
All right guys let's try to continue this...non-hockey stuff in the TAN thread.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
ya ok that came out wrong. i think i meant what you just said. this year is basically house money. i meant tradeable assets. id rather hold on to what we have and try to make a splash this offseason and/or next year. not trying to start a debate but i want carlson. he would thrive here.

Yeah, I like Carlson, but I will say that it terrifies me to sign a 28 year old that's having a career year. Someone is going to give him a Shea Weber contract.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, I like Carlson, but I will say that it terrifies me to sign a 28 year old that's having a career year. Someone is going to give him a Shea Weber contract.

we deserve a home town discount for once. come home buddy, be the jersey guy! he will never have to buy a drink again in jersey. gotta count for something.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was in a relationship 6 years ago that was already on the rocks and I met a woman that was perfect for me. I really considered ending the relationship I was in. When the relationship finally did end about 6 months later she had moved to Texas. Can't make this **** up.
Stuff like this is so typical.

I was in a 5+ year relationship when I was 20-25. I remember really crushing on my friend’s sister, who didn’t even live in the same state. I flirted with her a little when she visited, which was literally a week or two before the relationship ended. I think I knew the relationship was on life support and it’s deathbed, as I got really hung up on my friend’s sister, which wouldn’t have happened months earlier. I hypothetically thought to myself “if she invited me to her hotel room, I’d totally go and I think I would cheat my girl with her”. My girlfriend breaks up with me a week or two later. Nothing ever happened with the friend’s sister at all, but I immediately felt guilt for thinking of it after she broke up with me. I literally cried myself to sleep over my hypothetical betrayal and contemplation of cheating.

Right around that time, a mutual friend of ours got with the friend’s sister, who wound up confessing to both her brother and then our friend who she did get with, that she loved talking to me, loved how confident I was in talking to her and that I had been single, she would have invited me to her hotel. And this was literally without me ever telling anyone about the hypothetical hotel room situation.

She told them that she had the hots for me, but knew that I had girlfriend, so she held off on inviting me.

If she would have came a week or two later....

I’m still sitting here waiting for that opportunity....

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The first goal really deflated the team. They carried the first several shifts for sure. As soon as the flyers scored, the wheels fell off. They literally just gave up.

Reactions: Bleedred

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
He's a Jersey guy? I had absolutely no idea. Doubt anyone will get much of a discount though, he's going to cash in big time.

wasnt born here, didnt stay here, but played here for a bit. and not south jersey.... north jersey. if i recall i heard him say he was a devs fan.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
The first goal really deflated the team. They carried the first several shifts for sure. As soon as the flyers scored, the wheels fell off. They literally just gave up.

this team never gives up and didnt. i agree with everything else you said tho. just one of those games. frickin philly. ugh.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Earlier in the season I told you I think Philly finishes higher than us, you disagreed.

Based on the last two match-ups have you changed your mind?

They were all over us in both games.

I hope Coleman and Santini are back in Monday night.
I don’t think Philly is finishing higher than us based on these two games, but if they make the playoffs, you can look at the 4 points they got in these two games.

If Philly finishes higher than us, it’s because we choked the season away, plain and simple. Not because Philly is this amazing team, but because we choked the season away and if Philly finishes higher than us, that probably means that we missed the playoffs, barring Philly having the hottest finish of any team in the second half and coming back to win the division.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I don’t think Philly is finishing higher than us based on these two games, but if they make the playoffs, you can look at the 4 points they got in these two games.

If Philly finishes higher than us, it’s because we choked the season away, plain and simple. Not because Philly is this amazing team, but because we choked the season away and if Philly finishes higher than us, that probably means that we missed the playoffs, barring Philly having the hottest finish of any team in the second half and coming back to win the division.

love you bleed but its still january. you cant choke a season away in january unless u are the oilers. we are in 2nd in the metro. play well when we lose. cant wait to see these tin can teams coming up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It just wasn’t a good goal. I now feel like Martin Jones plays for both the Devils and Sharks, or maybe it’s that Kinkaid plays for both the Sharks and Devils?

Jones has been giving up early goals a lot recently. 3 goals 6 shots against the Yotes and was yanked. 4 goals on the first 10 shots against the Avs the other night. And Jones must have Kinkaid like numbers over his last 6 weeks worth of games

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
love you bleed but its still january. you cant choke a season away in january unless u are the oilers. we are in 2nd in the metro. play well when we lose. cant wait to see these tin can teams coming up.
I’m not saying we’re gonns choke away, just that if Philly hypothetically finishes higher than us, I’d consider it a death spiral on our part, not an indictment on the Flyers having a ton of heart or whatever the DD-ism is.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
I’m not saying we’re gonns choke away, just that if Philly hypothetically finishes higher than us, I’d consider it a death spiral on our part, not an indictment on the Flyers having a ton of heart or whatever the DD-ism is.

better we go through a rough patch mid season. if this if that. we are on top right now... despite the caps..... lets act like it. caps always look good at this point. even in their losses, with gaffes from different players each game, this team still looks decent. thats gotta count for something. they need ur good juju! :)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't even know. Believe me dude, there was no creepy intent with these pictures. He wound up sending me text pictures of his son in his suit for prom the next year and graduations pics whenever the kids graduate.

I don't have kids, but I understand people love to show off their kids accomplishments and big moments/milestones, etc.

As the father of three sons I guarantee my wife sent all kinds of pictures of proms and school dances to friends. In all of them have been teenaged girls of various years. None of it is creepy. As you noted most parents love sharing stuff about their kids. No evil intent in any of it.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad