Recalled/Assigned: Delete

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I just want the kid to play. If not here, then in Belleville.

At the same time, if he's going to play in Belleville, leave him there for the rest of the season (unless we lose a shit-ton of NHL guys at the deadline). No more of this 1 week here, one week back down, callup for 2 games, back down stuff. Can't develop bouncing around and living out of a suitcase. Kid needs some stability.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
No, I'm making a statement that for many here what ever management does the opposite is the right decision. I mean, there are guys here that actually think that their assessment of what is right for White is better than the coaching staff, as though they're dealing with the same set of information, or that as fans watching from their couch they have a better take than those who benefit most from the player's positive progression.

For the negative poster around here, it's not about what's best for the player, it's about arguing that whatever management does it's the wrong decision.

To hear some grumpy posters it's like Chabot has progressed really nicely this year in spite of Boucher rather than because of his deployment and development. Same with White, Boucher is stubbornly holding him back, which is infuriating to the armchair GM/coach.

Oh L'Avy, have your potshots, if it makes you feel a little better I'm ok with it.
Totally agree

The young guys are coming along nicely and boucher has a hand in that

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The AHL is a developmental league.

White is a developing player.

Our NHL season is effectively over.

It's ok.

Take a deep breath.

Give the actual situation a closer look and try not to fall back on the clichés. You might notice that playing a 20 year-old in the NHL during a lost season where pressure is minimal is preferable to playing on a terrible AHL team with no talent to surround the kid. How is that "developmental" exactly?

There's no need to cater to Boucher's age fetish here and White is plenty capable enough to hold his own. We've seen it when he's been given more icetime and decent linemates. Again, there is zero downside to keeping him in the NHL, he can only benefit. Playing the likes of Gaborik and Smith in his place is a useless endeavor.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Give the actual situation a closer look and try not to fall back on the clichés. You might notice that playing a 20 year-old in the NHL during a lost season where pressure is minimal is preferable to playing on a terrible AHL team with no talent to surround the kid. How is that "developmental" exactly?

There's no need to cater to Boucher's age fetish here and White is plenty capable enough to hold his own. We've seen it when he's been given more icetime and decent linemates. Again, there is zero downside to keeping him in the NHL, he can only benefit. Playing the likes of Gaborik and Smith in his place is a useless endeavor.

It is not a useless endeavor to play the older guys if there is a freaking trade deadline around the corner. Seriously.

White's life is not hanging in the balance here. He will be back and he will play a ton of minutes.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It is not a useless endeavor to play the older guys if there is a freaking trade deadline around the corner. Seriously.

White's life is not hanging in the balance here. He will be back and he will play a ton of minutes.

Was there a "tradeable" older player that was losing icetime due to White being up in Ottawa?

Before you say Gaborik, stop, he isn't getting traded again.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Was there a "tradeable" older player that was losing icetime due to White being up in Ottawa?

Smith, Brassard, Pageau, and Pyatt have all had some kind of rumors around them recently. Hoffman too, though let's hope that one doesn't happen. Plus Shore could easily be flipped - cheap defensive center who can win faceoffs. That's 6 forwards with a less than 100% certain future with the team. 6/12 is half of our forwards. Then you add in Pajaarvi and Dumont who are clearly here to be healthy bodies once we trade some guys away, and considering they are waiver eligible and White is literally the only forward on the team who is waiver-exempt, it makes sense.

Jeez, just have some frigging patience for once and wait the freaking 9 days until the deadline passes.

I mean, what catastrophic, apocalyptic scenario will happen if Colin White plays like 2 weeks in the AHL?

I mean, if the Belleville team bus catches fire and everyone dies, then you can come back at me and say "I told you so". Barring that insane hypothetical situation, can we please not blow a few weeks of AHL hockey for a 20 year old out of proportion like it's some kind of Mayan Calendar Apocalypse?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Smith, Brassard, Pageau, and Pyatt have all had some kind of rumors around them recently. Hoffman too, though let's hope that one doesn't happen. Plus Shore could easily be flipped - cheap defensive center who can win faceoffs. That's 6 forwards with a less than 100% certain future with the team. 6/12 is half of our forwards. Then you add in Pajaarvi and Dumont who are clearly here to be healthy bodies once we trade some guys away, and considering they are waiver eligible and White is literally the only forward on the team who is waiver-exempt, it makes sense.

Jeez, just have some frigging patience for once and wait the freaking 9 days until the deadline passes.

I mean, what catastrophic, apocalyptic scenario will happen if Colin White plays like 2 weeks in the AHL?

I mean, if the Belleville team bus catches fire and everyone dies, then you can come back at me and say "I told you so". Barring that insane hypothetical situation, can we please not blow a few weeks of AHL hockey for a 20 year old out of proportion like it's some kind of Mayan Calendar Apocalypse?

I'll get back to you in March when Gaborik is still in the top-6 and White gets called up to play on the 4th line.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
so White should be in the top 6 and Gaborik on the 4th line?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The real question is WHY was Colin White only getting 8 minutes a night?

Did you hear that they made a trade, and two forwards came to Ottawa, and another has recovered from injuries.

The Senator's games, for the remainder of the season are being used to access the players they have, and decisions are being madeupon their future, and if it's with the Senators.

It's quite evident that Colin White will be in the Senators line up, in October, that decision has been made, so playing in Belleville is the correct place for him, until the futures of the of the current roster are being made.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We definitely need to see what Gabby has left in the tank. He's a buy out candidate this summer for sure, but I think it's worth while to see if there is anything left that would benefit us. Consider that we can always buy him out next summer if he has a season left in him.

It's freaking Marion Gaborik, let's see if we can enjoy him for at least the balance of the season and perhaps more before buying him out.

And to those suggesting that we should bury him in the AHL, or try and force him to retire, that is absolutely disgusting behaviour, and being a business should never be an excuse for that. Sad to see that the big con of businesses being expected to treat people like chattel is alive and well. We all deserve better.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No. White and Chlapik are often among TOI leaders. Both are out on the top PP unit, and white also gets some SH time. Gagne and Perron can be a bit of a mixed bag but for those two consistency is more of an issue. Both still recieve PP time as well. White is going to go down their and play close to 20 minutes a night.

Is there a site you use to review full game stats for AHL games?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I apologize for jumping to conclusions. You go to a lot of games? Your feedback is definitely welcomed and very much appreciated.

I do really hope that these guys are used properly.

Once again, I am truly sorry, this darn organization gets me so worked up lately...lol. Being a fan of this team for over 25 years and seeing how this once proud franchise is now being run to the ground by is killing me.

As for Randy Lee and coach KK, I don't think there is anything anyone can see to change my opinion on them

"Being run into the ground" is what I think you meant, and would like to ask you if you think it's being done purposely, the logic behind that as you see it, and to what end ?

Also would like to know if there is anyone connected to the Senators organization, excluding players, that you has a positive opinion of.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Apparently Dzingel is away from the team on a personal family matter and won't be available tomorrow. Dumont is reactivated from ir to fill the spot so White could have played at least another NHL game before the Sens had too many forwards and one had to sit out. Instead the Sens sent White down and brought up McCormick. It appears that they could have easily delayed this move.

Belleville played, and beat, the Marlies with White in the line up last night, and will play again tonight........ so two games, instead of 8 minutes this afternoon.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I just want the kid to play. If not here, then in Belleville.

At the same time, if he's going to play in Belleville, leave him there for the rest of the season (unless we lose a ****-ton of NHL guys at the deadline). No more of this 1 week here, one week back down, callup for 2 games, back down stuff. Can't develop bouncing around and living out of a suitcase. Kid needs some stability.

This is what the vast majority of prospects do once they become pros, Colin White can handle it, and I really don't think he minds if he gets called up, gets paid NHL money for a game or two, and then sent back down again.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

What's more important?
The line up for today's game, or the line up that begins the 2018-19 season?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Iam sure White will get loads of ice time in all situations,grinding on the 4th line or sniping on the first ..Its all good for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad