Recalled/Assigned: Delete

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
tank is on!

I think this is a good move don't let white get comfortable thinking he is a main stay in the NHL

Also allows us to givev more mins to guys we may be looking to deal before the deadline

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Incoming outrage! lol my favorite threads

This is simple : White, Chlapik, Paul, Harpur (even Chabot at the beginning) have been up and down all season : true prospects that we want to develop. They have played respectively 15, 10, 11 and 21 games so far and will all probably play more after the TD. They will all get 15-40 games of experience this year, that's good.

Guys like Didomenico, Paajarvi, Dumont and even McCormick are older stop gaps filling jerseys because you need to dress 19 players a game

The real question is WHY was Colin White only getting 8 minutes a night?

That's quite erroneous. NHL.com says he's averaged 12:37 per game.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I think this is a good move don't let white get comfortable thinking he is a main stay in the NHL

"Gotta keep talented adult hockey players grounded, don't let him get comfortable. Gotta keep him hungry" Its all a bunch of garbage...lol.

May as well let Dumont get comfortable then.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
tank is on!

Also allows us to givev more mins to guys we may be looking to deal before the deadline

Not really.

Brassard, Hoffman, Dzingel and Smith will get minutes regardless of White.

Stone and Duchene aren't going anywhere.

No one is trading for Gaborik, Dumont or Paajarvi, and they definitely don't need to see what "they can do".

Burrows is suspended.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Because we are trying to trade veterans and are giving them top-6/9 minutes before the deadline to showcase them.

No we aren't. We don't need to "showcase" Dumont or Paajarvi. They're both waiver fodder or at best, a 7th round pick.

Nobody's trading for Gaborik and Smith will get minutes regardless of White, same with Brassard, Hoffman and Dzingel.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Seems bad :skeptic:
Only Dumont is worse without White than with him.

whiteco97

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Not really.

Brassard, Hoffman, Dzingel and Smith will get minutes regardless of White.

Stone and Duchene aren't going anywhere.

No one is trading for Gaborik, Dumont or Paajarvi, and they definitely don't need to see what "they can do".

Burrows is suspended.
wouldnt be surprised to see him dealt

Gaborik we are probably seeing what we have before going into the offseason

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Give White top line minutes in Bingo to hone his skills (maybe even as a centre). This is also an audition period for Gabby - for his future with this team (or any other or none). McCormick is on a guaranteed one-way contract next year, unless he is also being auditioned to be traded/waived/retained before the deadline.

White was also playing all too well - too anti-tank.

(cross-post)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The real question is WHY was Colin White only getting 8 minutes a night?

Just last night at 8 minutes 40 something....
But its clear where Boucher has slotted him now.. If they are not going to play him over 10 minutes consistently ,. they might as well send him down

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
White has been okay nothing special. lets not forget he is still very young its going to be a process. If he was killing it in the AHL there might be a better argument to be had

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
But its clear where Boucher has slotted him now.. If they are not going to play him over 10 minutes consistently ,. they might as well send him down

I agree with what you are saying 100%, however, we are sending him to a situation where the coach plays players the exact same way GB does. Young guys are stapled to 3rd and 4th line roles, while the vets like Jimmy O'Brien and Tyler Randell get the prominent roles. This organization is broken.

Hopefully we will begin to see this "renewed commitment to development" play out here.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm fine with White playing in the AHL for a bit until things settle down.

Since Dumont is coming off ir they'll have an extra forward so it seems strange to bring up McCormick and then make him or Dumont sit out. Maybe someone is hurt and a game time decision or something is brewing on the trade front.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree with what you are saying 100%, however, we are sending him to a situation where the coach plays players the exact same way GB does. Young guys are stapled to 3rd and 4th line roles, while the vets like Jimmy O'Brien and Tyler Randell get the prominent roles. This organization is broken.

Hopefully we will begin to see this "renewed commitment to development" play out here.
Definite concern. White before being called up was getting a somewhat regular shift... PP time and PK time.. The issue in Belleville is the quality of team mates for the most part imo. Anyway .. I think White is good enough to stay up and take Paajarvi's spot with Pageau and Pyatt, but this will not hurt him for a couple of weeks .. my biggest concern is with his confidence with how Boucher handled him.. but he has to suck it up and keep working

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
"We need to take our time and develop our prospects properly!"
"We need to give our prospects more NHL ice time sooner!"

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
His usage at ES wasn't too far from Paguea's; one got around 8:45, the other got ~9:50. The difference was White lost any PP time he had to Gaborik, and didn't kill penalties. If he's going to be up with the big team, we should be trying to play him on the special teams, so I don't really mind the move to Belleville, but frankly, I think playing with Dzingel and Shore could easily be a better situation than whoever he ends up with in Belleville, at least for the ES toi.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2