Recalled/Assigned: DeHaan back Reinhart down

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Two to go (Viz and Grabner)

Honestly I don't think I'd dress Viz. I don't see where there's any room. I'd keep Hickey in the lineup, I think he serves a better role on the bottom pairing than Viz would.

Plus Viz is old, injury prone, and there's no long-term plan possible with him.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Honestly I don't think I'd dress Viz. I don't see where there's any room. I'd keep Hickey in the lineup, I think he serves a better role on the bottom pairing than Viz would.

You want Strait over Viz?

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

Yeah 13th floor got it right (above)

When Viz comes back, Strait can take a seat with Donovan

de Haan - Hamonic
Leddy - Boychuk
Hickey - Viz
Strait - Donovan

with Reinhart -Pulock and Czucz - Mayfield / Pelech - Pedan in Bridgeport

true depth for once....

Has Carkner sold his pad yet? He should.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Yeah 13th floor got it right (above)

When Viz comes back, Strait can take a seat with Donovan

de Haan - Hamonic
Leddy - Boychuk
Hickey - Viz
Strait - Donovan

with Reinhart -Pulock and Czucz - Mayfield / Pelech - Pedan in Bridgeport

true depth for once....

Has Carkner sold his pad yet? He should.

wowzas......i know its not on paper, but is there a chance that our AHL defense (when NHL team is healthy) is better than our NHL d last year? probbaly not, but it is close enough to warrant a comment IMO :laugh:

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Have we discussed yet what we do when Grabner comes back if the lines are still clicking like this? We need Grabner in the lineup, if not for anything else, for the PK. Where will he fit in otherwise? I'd say Martin sits, but that still doesn't solve the lineup issue as I don't see Grabner on the 4th line.

_illicit_

Nov 30, 2005
FL
Have we discussed yet what we do when Grabner comes back if the lines are still clicking like this? We need Grabner in the lineup, if not for anything else, for the PK. Where will he fit in otherwise? I'd say Martin sits, but that still doesn't solve the lineup issue as I don't see Grabner on the 4th line.

I think it is either Grabner on the 4th or Conacher sits and they reshuffle a little. We are probably some time away from having to worry about that considering groin injuries can be tricky. Especially for a guy that relies on speed.

EDIT: OT - glad that Griff gets to play 1st pair minutes at the bridge. He needs a little more seasoning.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

I think Lubo can still contribute and if the isles are anywhere near a playoff spot, then Lubo's ntc will block the isles from trading him. I cannot see the isles sitting a healthy Lubo, making $6m.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

Kulemin-Tavares-Okposo
Grabovski-Nelson-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Grabner
Conacher-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

de Haan-Hamonic
Leddy-Boychuk
Visnovsky-Hickey

In the mean time:

Conacher-Tavares-Okposo
Grabo-Nelson-Strome
Bailey-Nielsen-Kulemin
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Hickey-Hamonic
Leddy-Boychuk
Strait-de Haan

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Just amazing depth and a tremendous job (albeit slow and painful at times as we all know) done by Garth Snow to rebuild the blue line at both the NHL and AHL levels. The pipeline is stocked and replacements and reinforcements are available internally for several years to come.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
I don't get the lack of love for Visnovsky. Dude's still one of the smartest players on the team.

dv92

Jun 30, 2014
Reinhart and Pulock will be a very good pairing in Bridgeport. Griff needs to adjust to the speed of the game and he'll be alright. He made a coupe of rookie mistakes but other than that I haven't been disappointed in his game.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
We just got stronger. Welcome back deHaan. Now get Vis back, get rid of Strait and I am happy.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Reinhart and Pulock will be a very good pairing in Bridgeport. Griff needs to adjust to the speed of the game and he'll be alright. He made a coupe of rookie mistakes but other than that I haven't been disappointed in his game.

How can he adjust with 3 games of NHL?? Terrible move by the Islanders. No one would of claimed Brian Strait off waivers

He was better suited up here playing 15-18 mins then playing 25 mins in the AHL

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Needed to happen...but Griff will more than likely play top pair minutes in the AHL, probably with Pulock. It will benefit his tremendously. Now all they need is Vis and Strait can enjoy the game from the press box

crasherino

May 9, 2013
How can he adjust with 3 games of NHL?? Terrible move by the Islanders. No one would of claimed Brian Strait off waivers

He was better suited up here playing 15-18 mins then playing 25 mins in the AHL

I think there's something to be said about him going to the AHL for a bit. Before this year, he was playing only against kids. The AHL game is a stronger and faster one than Juniors. Nothing wrong with adapting to the speed of the game in the AHL before coming up full time. If we end up having no room for Reinhart on the Island this year, that probably means our D is healthy and playing well - a good problem to have.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Detroit usually develop their players this way. Kronwall (1st round pick), made his AHL debut three years after he was drafted and split time between AHL and NHL in his first three seasons. Sending Griff down is a really good sign imo.

Hyphistos

Jul 16, 2012
Vienna
I don't get the lack of love for Visnovsky. Dude's still one of the smartest players on the team.

People tend to forget very quickly... Out of sight, out of mind. Obviously his age and injuries will not improve his game but I think he would still be a huge upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00