Defensive Depth the Key to Columbus Blue Jackets Success

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
It goes without saying that this has been an historic season for the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the defensive corps deserves a great deal of credit for making it so. In the 2015-16 season, the defense was the talking point of fans, pundits, and the coaching staff alike for all the wrong reasons. In the space of one off-season, however, the defensive corps has managed to assuage these concerns and prove their value.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/03/29/defensive-depth-key-columbus-blue-jackets-success/

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
It goes without saying that this has been an historic season for the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the defensive corps deserves a great deal of credit for making it so. In the 2015-16 season, the defense was the talking point of fans, pundits, and the coaching staff alike for all the wrong reasons. In the space of one off-season, however, the defensive corps has managed to assuage these concerns and prove their value.

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/03/29/defensive-depth-key-columbus-blue-jackets-success/

Everything LWOH writes revolves around Corsi. If I didn't know any better it's as if he hasn't watched a game. While his assessments about the first and second pairings are shallow, I tend to agree with the final result. However, his third line assessment is garbage. While I don't think Murray has been stellar it's not as if he's a throw away. And I think Nuti and Harrington have been ok as rookies.

He concludes that he is inconclusive regarding Quincy. I'll help him out here. Quincy has been nothing but solid since his arrival and frankly I think you've been our best bottom pair compliment. I think he and Murray will do just fine if we can get Ryan back for the playoffs and will give us one of the better bottom pairings in the league. Compliments of LastWordByMoe.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I agree with you 100% Moe.

The feeling I got was "the third pair are not as good as the top 2, that's why they are bad".

Like you, I just disagree with his 3rd pair assessments and a couple other points in the article.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Everything LWOH writes revolves around Corsi. If I didn't know any better it's as if he hasn't watched a game. While his assessments about the first and second pairings are shallow, I tend to agree with the final result. However, his third line assessment is garbage. While I don't think Murray has been stellar it's not as if he's a throw away. And I think Nuti and Harrington have been ok as rookies.

He concludes that he is inconclusive regarding Quincy. I'll help him out here. Quincy has been nothing but solid since his arrival and frankly I think you've been our best bottom pair compliment. I think he and Murray will do just fine if we can get Ryan back for the playoffs and will give us one of the better bottom pairings in the league. Compliments of LastWordByMoe.

"Everything LWOH writes revolves around Corsi. If I didn't know any better it's as if he hasn't watched a game."

You say this as if the site is one writer and not dozens.

You also say this as if every article on the site is filled with advanced stats, and thats not the case either. Some writers make extensive use of them, others use them less.

There are three Columbus Blue Jackets writers on the site alone, and they all write differently.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
As usual, I'm left wishing that the "last word on hockey" was the one right before this article.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad