Rumor: Chris Johnston: Leafs looking at bringing in 2 veteran goalies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Samsonov's record was 23-7-8 this year....a points percentage of .710; which is better than any team in the league was this year.

To add 15 points to his record this year would mean 69 points in 38 games... a points percentage of .90; or a record of roughly 33-2-3.....not sure any goalie has ever done that in the history of the game.
Now post his numbers.

He got that record because his offense carried him

He was dog shit, if he wasn't he would not have been waived and sent to the minors he didn't end up playing for the marlies that's true but he did get sent down.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Because Anaheim is way more preferable to the dumpster fire of the media and fan expectations of Toronto?
There is no more forgiving group than Leafs fans. Shannahan just gives the Leafs owned media the name of a pending FA or coach to blame the season on and they eat it up.

I can see them fire Keefe (because they don't care about money), blame everything on him, bring in new coach and then the fans will be pacified on Marner because it was clearly Keefe's fault. They new coach will be enough to bring new hope.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
How often are top 5 goalies even traded? I never said Saros for Marner 1 for 1, Nashville adds for sure, but they are not going to just move him unless it actually improves their team

Gibson doesn't want to go to Canada

I like the idea of saros and jusi just straight up for Marner and nylander

I think this gives both teams a different look and could really work out in Nashville as well as toronto

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Kuemper is a good get for the leafs if they can make the money work. Woll is either gonna get hurt or fall on his face once the "new young guy" shine wears off. Hes never been elite in the lower levels for more than half a season.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Now post his numbers.

He got that record because his offense carried him

He was dog shit, if he wasn't he would not have been waived and sent to the minors he didn't end up playing for the marlies that's true but he did get sent down.

Correct.... but the notion that Samsonov "cost this team 15 points" is simply not correct or even realistic.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
2 veteran goalies is 1 too many. woll earned a spot.
one is a league min backup, the other is a league min AHLer ...Leafs need all their cap space on a defense upgrade, else, no goalie will help them

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
My guess would be

Elvis brought in, quality goaltender just needs to get out of Columbus for obvious reasons

Woll

A guy like Copley who is a vet, returning from injury and could possibly be stashed while recovering.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
James Reimer and Justin Pogge
To be fair, Reimer put up comparable to better numbers than Samsonov did while playing for a worse team.
Samsonov's record was 23-7-8 this year....a points percentage of .710; which is better than any team in the league was this year.

To add 15 points to his record this year would mean 69 points in 38 games... a points percentage of .90; or a record of roughly 33-2-3.....not sure any goalie has ever done that in the history of the game.
Your logic just argued that Frederick Andersen has had a better career than Dominik Hasek. Winning percentage doesn't mean as much to me as a lot of other stats.

I wouldn't mind Samsonov or Woll as one of our goaltenders next season, I'm nervous about relying on them as a tandem and with Woll outplaying Samsonov last season, being younger and having more upside while being cheaper, he's probably the guy I'd prefer. Honestly, there isn't even a guarantee Samsonov would want to sign with us as a UFA anyway.

Maybe we should just throw money at Swayman so we don't need to worry about playing him anymore.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Marner + Holmberg
For
Saros + Fabbro + Tomasino

Assuming NMC waived.
I wouldn't think that package even gets Saros, since the preds were looking for multiple firsts and prospects as a base return.

Then Fabbro just signed an extension, albeit 1 year but an extension nonetheless.

Adding Tomasino also seems to make it more rich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad