Value of: Defense to Toronto

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
if he's back in 2-3 weeks , that's not a long injury for him . Don't expect him to play more than 70 games , prob 50 is what he can handle ... sad , good player when healthy
He'll miss 7-11 games from this. But one thing is for certain, the difference is night and day when he's gone from the lineup. The Canucks lost 4-1 to an Anaheim team that was missing Getzlaf, Kesler, Fowler, Gibson, Kase, and Eaves.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
alright leafs are 10-7.

time to take a step back and see how things pan out.

and no, marner isn't getting traded.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He'll miss 7-11 games from this. But one thing is for certain, the difference is night and day when he's gone from the lineup. The Canucks lost 4-1 to an Anaheim team that was missing Getzlaf, Kesler, Fowler, Gibson, Kase, and Eaves.

the problem is that he is gone so often.

its pretty baffling for a guy to have never dressed in more than 70 games in a pro season. this injury probably extends the streak to 8 years (incl. lockout)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lol @ suggesting Nylander is better than Pastrnack

0.75ppg vs 0.73ppg.

these kids are very close. an "lol" would be suggesting bennett is even in the same stratosphere as these two

remember the bennett vs nylander thread draft +1?

Bennett = Nylander + Rielly was my personal favorite

Reactions: FieldOfDreams

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I feel like next year Calgary will be looking to drop a defenseman off of our top 4.

Frankly I just want to keep Brodie. Gio, Hamilton, and Hamonic could all be had for the right price.

Our prospects will force a move sooner or later.

can't see hamonic going anywhere. he basically asked to get traded to a western canadian team so any team acquiring him would be taking a huge risk of him bolting in 2 3/4 seasons

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
0.75ppg vs 0.73ppg.

these kids are very close. an "lol" would be suggesting bennett is even in the same stratosphere as these two

remember the bennett vs nylander thread draft +1?

Bennett = Nylander + Rielly was my personal favorite
Marner=Gaudreau and Rielly=Brodie are my favorites. Hell even Nylander=Gaudreau is looking hilarious right now. But i dont see how thats relevent to this thread. Insecure much?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
What would the Leafs give up for Dougie Hamilton?Just curious.

Would definitely be something around Marner.

Maybe something like Marner + Dermott + 2nd. Would have to be some kind of cap dump going to CGY to even things out.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lebrun reported Columbus, who are knee deep with good young D men organizationally. Could this be a fit for the Leafs and Columbus if Marner is indeed on the block as Kyper indicated earlier this week?

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Here Canucks, have this handful of stuff for your top pairing defenceman. No, no, sorry, this is the deal you're taking. I don't care if you don't want these pieces, these are the toys we're not playing with right now.

Tanev isn't a top pairing defenseman in the league, he's a #3.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Here Canucks, have this handful of stuff for your top pairing defenceman. No, no, sorry, this is the deal you're taking. I don't care if you don't want these pieces, these are the toys we're not playing with right now.
Ya, maybe we should deal Marner for Tanev....i am sure once he is back from yet another injury in his long line of injuries....it will work out great.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I WAS willing to do Tanev for Marner but I'm not so sure anymore. Leafs missed their chance. I'd still do it for Nylander though.

Yeah good thing your not running the Canucks...you'd get burned in effigy in the middle of the city for nixing a Marner/Tanev trade.

I really highly doubt the Leafs are looking to make this blockbuster defence trade everyone keeps talking about, they just drafted a potential high pedigree dman, they have 3 top 4 dmen, they are in year ****ing 2 of their current core, idiots on the radio just need something to talk about. I would be shocked if anyone in the organization was hitting the panic button like fans and media are.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ya, maybe we should deal Marner for Tanev....i am sure once he is back from yet another injury in his long line of injuries....it will work out great.

Your call, but Vancouver is absolutely not obligated to take a mediocre 2nd rounder, a bottom pairing defenceman, and your 5th or 6th best prospect for a player they don't really want to move anyway.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Lebrun reported Columbus, who are knee deep with good young D men organizationally. Could this be a fit for the Leafs and Columbus if Marner is indeed on the block as Kyper indicated earlier this week?

Doubt it, Marner is too much for Murray or Savard but not enough for Werenski or Jones. Also Kypreos was speculating with no basis, he wasn't indicating anything.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Your call, but Vancouver is absolutely not obligated to take a mediocre 2nd rounder, a bottom pairing defenceman, and your 5th or 6th best prospect for a player they don't really want to move anyway.
Obviously. In turn, Toronto is not obligated to pay a premium either.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
He's definitely a top pairing defenceman on the Leafs.

I know I'm a slight homer but no. He would be #3 right now and then #4 if Gardiner turns it around.

They don't have to. That's his value given his history. He's the defenseman version of Joffrey Lupul.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I know I'm a slight homer but no. He would be #3 right now and then #4 if Gardiner turns it around.

They don't have to. That's his value given his history. He's the defenseman version of Joffrey Lupul.

He would not be your number 3, he would be on your top pairing. If he wasn't, you'd be misusing him.

In that he's injury prone, sure. Otherwise the two couldn't be more different.

Everyone in the league knows all Toronto needs to make a run of it is a couple of top four defencemen, and you expect another team to gift you one for spare parts? When you have a wealth of forward talent? Come on. You're bare minimum paying what Calgary gave up for Hamonic.

Reactions: Weiss1604

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
What would a deal around Bouwmeester and Kapanen look like from the :leafs perspective?

Edit-Nevermind. I think it would have to be revisited once J-Bow is back skating, but that is an unknown timetable.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad