Value of: Defense to Toronto

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
He would not be your number 3, he would be on your top pairing. If he wasn't, you'd be misusing him.

In that he's injury prone, sure. Otherwise the two couldn't be more different.

Everyone in the league knows all Toronto needs to make a run of it is a couple of top four defencemen, and you expect another team to gift you one for spare parts? When you have a wealth of forward talent? Come on. You're bare minimum paying what Calgary gave up for Hamonic.

He could go anywhere from #2-4 on Toronto. He would definitely be our best defensive dman.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He would not be your number 3, he would be on your top pairing. If he wasn't, you'd be misusing him.

In that he's injury prone, sure. Otherwise the two couldn't be more different.

Everyone in the league knows all Toronto needs to make a run of it is a couple of top four defencemen, and you expect another team to gift you one for spare parts? When you have a wealth of forward talent? Come on. You're bare minimum paying what Calgary gave up for Hamonic.
On this i agree. Tanev's style is perfect for Rielly....this is proven by the fact that Hainsey has helped Rielly a ton, ant Tanev>>>Hainsey. That said, i would never consider trading Marner for tanev.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Other GM's know the Leafs need to add quality defensemen and
it will take an over payment to get one.
Doubt any GM are interested in JVR, Bozak or Kap.
Maybe for a #5/6

So start combo of your 2018 1st rounder, an improved Marner or Kadri.

Leafs offence needs work as well.
After Matthews it looks like Martin is your most engaged player.
Last year Leo and Kardi were kings of the stick slash and stick water skiing but that game is over. Now they look terrible.
Marner?? WTF
Earth to Nylander.... wake up.
People were concerned about Marleau's third year of his contract, I would be more concerned about his first.
lol what? kadri looks terrible? hevwould lead the sabres in scoring. kadri and marleau have 17 goals and 29 poimts combined. take the sabres top 2 scoring forwards and kadri and marleau fall 1 point short. take the two leading goal scorers and theyre well ahead.

don't you wish jack eichel could struggle the way those guys do?

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Other GM's know the Leafs need to add quality defensemen and
it will take an over payment to get one.
Doubt any GM are interested in JVR, Bozak or Kap.
Maybe for a #5/6

So start combo of your 2018 1st rounder, an improved Marner or Kadri.

Leafs offence needs work as well.
After Matthews it looks like Martin is your most engaged player.
Last year Leo and Kardi were kings of the stick slash and stick water skiing but that game is over. Now they look terrible.
Marner?? WTF
Earth to Nylander.... wake up.
People were concerned about Marleau's third year of his contract, I would be more concerned about his first.

Man people love to hate on the Leafs around here.

Most goals scored in the league and the HFBoards assessment is that our offence "needs work"

Reactions: FieldOfDreams

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Most goals scored in the league and the HFBoards assessment is that our offence "needs work"

Correction......one Sabers fan doesn't evaluate the Leafs the same as you do.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Correction......one Sabers fan doesn't evaluate the Leafs the same as you do.

I'd say that any person who opines that the Leafs offence needs work / help / anything doesn't watch the Leafs and possibly doesn't follow hockey at all.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Kadri looks terrible: 9g/16pts
We should be worried about year 1 of Marleau: 8g/13pts
Wake up Nylander: 13pts, +10
Marner WTF: 7 pts in his last 6 games

this sounds like a salty sabres fan that can't handle the leafs being good, while his favorite team still stinks.

Eichel isnt matthews. not even close. Reinhart will never be draisaitl/nylander/ehlers. terrible pick.
5 wins thus far. sabres are horrid. go away now sabres fan, let the big boys talk

Reactions: FieldOfDreams

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'd say that any person who opines that the Leafs offence needs work / help / anything doesn't watch the Leafs and possibly doesn't follow hockey at all.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that part of your statement. One guy posted that.......not "people" as in a plural. He's a Sabres fan, you expect him to shower your team with compliments?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad