GDT: Defending Lords of the Southbeast vs. Dastardly Divers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It was in response to Faulk absolutely hammering him in the 2nd. Which of course was simply a response to Parros's boarding that wasn't called (and directly led to Florida's 2nd goal). Things cooled off a bit after the fight but it didn't even need to get to that point. The crew rather easily could have gotten better control of the game earlier on in the 2nd when the Canes made it 4-1 and the Panthers started playing cheap. The non-call on the Parros hit was absolutely disgraceful, I don't care if we didn't concede a single powerplay to the Panthers all night.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
GREAT win, we look so much better now that we have some of the d back... And I absolutely love Justin Faulk :yo:

I'd like to hear what's wrong with Pitkänen's leg, tho. I seriously hope it's not the knee that's been bothering him for years... He got an operation done last year and I hoped it'd have helped.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
From where I sat, the Faulk hit looked absolutely fine, but it happened quickly and I didn't get a replay. Did the replay show that it was from behind or anything? or just a good hard hit?

The refs definitely were letting them play last night. There were a few of times I thought the refs would call a hit from behind or boarding but didn't, Skinner also took an elbow to the head.

A couple of things that did tick me off. The Linesman who were dropping the puck were ridiculous last night. The game would have probably been 15min shorter if they'd have just dropped the puck instead of constantly lecturing the guys taking the face off, false starting on the drop and then kicking guys out. Was a bit much. LaRose didn't help matters a couple times as he got Jordan kicked out because of his false start.

Lastly, that's the most I've seen the Canes D pinch to keep the puck in the zone in a while, so I assume it was Muller/Lewis's strategy. Maybe he just isn't worried about giving up odd man rushes against FLA, but the D did it a lot (and successfully for the most part). Harrison had a few bad ones though.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
From where I sat, the Faulk hit looked absolutely fine, but it happened quickly and I didn't get a replay. Did the replay show that it was from behind or anything? or just a good hard hit?

I don't think Faulk charged or anything, it was just one of those "oh so if that's how you guys are going to play it, try this" type deals. Absolutely creamed him with what looked like a clean hit.

Mr America

Sep 19, 2010
www.hockeyfights.com
Faulk's hit was as clean as the come, a thing of beauty! The Kopecky got in Faulk's face, while Weiss came back and jumped on Faulk, starting the scrum.

Weiss's hit on Faulk in the second was borderline suspendible. WAY late, obvious intentional elbow, and charging.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Faulk has one of the best fighting faces in the league :laugh:

fightingfaulk.png

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
This is a huge problem to me... Happens all the time, it was just really bad last night... I think they threw both guys in the circle out on the same pump fake once even

What I don't get is it seems so arbitrary why they're kicking guys out. The guy on one side gets his stick halfway down to the ice, he gets the thumb, meanwhile the other guy is stepping on the ref's feet with half of his butt over the line and if the ref dropped the puck it would go down the front of his jersey. WTF.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I watched them chirping in the box after Faulk got the BS penalty and you could tell Faulk said something/motioned to the ice about next time you do something like that I'll destroy your ass. Well, he did just that.

And the hit Faulk put on Weiss that started the whole shenanigans was completely clean. Weiss skating one way with the puck, Faulk skating the other and Faulk knocks him over with a hit to Weiss' chest.

Then Kopecky decides to challenge Faulk 80 feet from the puck (somehow not drawing a penalty), Weiss comes over and gets between Faulk and Kopecky, and then Weiss bear-hugs Faulk. Yep, that sure as hell screams off-setting minor penalties to me. :shakehead

Then Weiss gets the whole thing started again when he comes in with a flying elbow a few feet away from the action. Nice to see Faulk not take that. The applause for that fight was enormous, long-lasting, and most importantly, well deserved.

LadyCane

Mar 4, 2012
da UP
Video of the Faulk Weiss deal. No wonder I didn't see the replay of the hit when the only angle they show it from is a mile away. Did the Canes feed have a better look? Looks pretty nasty from a mile away.

Holy ****, Faulk owned Weiss. :handclap: Faulking right on, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad