Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
homer-simpson.gif

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Didn't the NHL say they wanted teams til wait until now to fire staff to avoid overshadowing the playoff games... and then New York and Ottawa sacked people when they wanted to anyway.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Didn't the NHL say they wanted teams til wait until now to fire staff to avoid overshadowing the playoff games... and then New York and Ottawa sacked people when they wanted to anyway.

No. This stuff happens every year during playoffs.

Left handed

May 8, 2018
From a purely management standpoint, VGK has declined steadily since DeBoer stepped in as head coach. I think he's still a fine coach, but Bill Foley seems like the type of owner who wants to be razzle dazzled and enjoys winning.

1652719368263.png

Left handed

May 8, 2018
Should never have fired Turk
Unfortunately, I think there's going to be a lot more pain in the future with Foley at the helm. He's inexperienced as a professional sports team owner and I think it's lost on him what it takes to build a winner. It takes time, and some pain points along the way. It just doesn't seem like his MO to gradually build something up.

When you consider that he had almost immediate (luck) success with this franchise in its infancy, I think he will struggle with figuring out next steps. He's going to need to learn patience, and how to step back and let the professional GMs/coaches do what they do best.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Should never have fired Turk
Turks firing was a bit premature, I was prepared to give him more time to right the ship. But the team was at the end playing if I'm going to be honest, more garbage than the they did under Deboer, and at press conferences he talked about how great we played. I don't believe this teams mistake was firing Gallant, (I personally don't think he would have righted the ship) the mistake was replacing him Deboer.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

The fact they haven't "begun the formal process" yet seems to indicate to me Trotz isn't going to be the guy. I think they might be waiting for Q to be cleared to return by the league.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I've seen the list of coaches mentioned - too many are retreads. I'm in favor of Quenneville if he's cleared to return, but the rest leave me cold. No to Julien, Maurice and the others I saw on nhl.com. I would imagine Trotz is more likely to go to the Jets or Wings.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
But in all seriousness, they did change their video coach a few years ago. :eek3:

(and let's not forget the Dave Prior debaucle)

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Coincidentally it's also 1 day after Gallant advances to the 2nd round.
To be fair, a shot to Crosby's head, a third string goalie and a yanked off helmet are the only reasons they did.

I'm glad they kept Craig, but it's weird that they'd let McGill go.
Wasn't our PK worse or just as bad as our PP this season? And wasn't the PP just as bad when they had him take over a short time?

I'm not sure why he should be spared if they've fired the staff. Just clean house if this is what you decided.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I was on board with giving DeBoer another chance before the last few weeks of the season.

I sensed he knew his seat was getting hot because of his throwing Lehner under the bus like three interviews in a row. That rubbed me the wrong way and I started thinking maybe he is losing the locker room or at least his composure when there's real pressure.

After the season, I've been agnostic whether to keep DeBoer or let him go. We'll be better next season than this season but we would have been already. I'm willing to roll with this though because of how the last three-ish weeks of the season played out.

Don't want Trotz. It's telling that two places he had success with booted him unceremoniously after just three years.

I think there's been online talk of players quickly falling out of love with his system and coaching style, I don't think he'd be a fit here and I think it would symbolize we only care about the next three seasons, and that's the exact mentality I want the team to get away from.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

The fact they haven't "begun the formal process" yet seems to indicate to me Trotz isn't going to be the guy. I think they might be waiting for Q to be cleared to return by the league.

10:46 AM "They have yet to begin formal process in search of new staff"
1:30 PM "The Golden Knits have hired ___________ as their new head coach"

:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad