Rumor: Deal for Kruger/Shaw & Bickell to EDM?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Powers and Hedger said today on their podcast that they have heard there is a deal in place to trade Kruger. They also said that they have heard that the Oilers are showing significant interest for Shaw (Powers mentioned that Bickell would move with him).

Would Bickell be moved in both deals?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hmmmm.... I'm going to wait on a source that has been correct about literally anything ever to report this before getting ahead of myself.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Don't know why JD hates Powers. The guy has shown a close relationship with the entire organization.

Expected Shaw to be gone. Unfortunate, but even if we squeezed him into the lineup this year, we would still have next year where the cap will be tight due to Panarin's new contract.

Hoped Bickell would go too. Hoped Bickell would've been gone a few seasons ago.

I'm just not sure about the possibility of losing Kruger. We already traded his apparent heir (Danault), and none of our prospects or roster players (except Toews) can seemingly win a draw.

Maybe Bowman thinks that one of Kero/McNeill/Rasmussen/Lundberg/Motte can step into that role of a solid checking line center. Just don't know right now.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Believe it when I see it, especially Kruger. I can see Kruger with Bickell to clear space to keep Shaw but not both Shaw and Kruger

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Heh.. If Kruger is gone, it'll remind me of the Bollig situation. Give him an expensive extension, then realize it was a mistake and deal him.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Trade Kruger, and the bottom 6 pretty much turns to ****, and the entire deployment strategy for team shifts.

Unless you're getting something resembling a shutdown center back, I don't see it happening.

I think Shaw is gone, and I'm fine with that.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
trading kruger would be a big mistake ... even in this most recent playoffs he was one of the bright spots and that kruger hossa line was great

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sounds good, although would like to keep Shaw, but money doesn't allow that. He will be the biggest loss this offseason if they can't work something out.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Trading a strong defensive center like Kruger makes things harder on JT. I don't think Kruger's going anywhere if for no other reason than that.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Hopefully this has to do with them clearing space to lock Panarin down on July 1.

I know he has another year to go still on his contract but the sooner, the better.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Heh.. If Kruger is gone, it'll remind me of the Bollig situation. Give him an expensive extension, then realize it was a mistake and deal him.

I think it was more about the extension making them worth more in a trade.

Bollig got term, but his cap hit was minimal.

Bowman turned a UFA into a 3rd round pick.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Crazy idea but what if trading Kruger allows the Hawks to sign Ladd?

Doubt he will sign that cheap though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Motte can pk...Maybe they see Luke Johnson as pk C...he is also good at faceoffs. $3 million for Kruger and his putrid offense is too much...Bye -bye...over-rated...Can Lundberg PK? Supposedly can play all 3 forward positions and is hard worker...if he blocks shots can pj too...So maybe tgey do not "need Kruger anymore...Besides no way Machu Picchu version...a.k.a. lazy Toews shows up this season again..If we get "Normal" Toews who hustles more and cares...he too will be better on pk this year.I just do not think Kruger that 8ndesensible.Our rotten pk before he got back was due to a lit if other reasons than just him not being there..Those will be fixed this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad