Speculation: de Haan signs for??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Gotta agree about Snow and his hard bargaining. I feel the contract talks need to be done in good faith, if CdH feels undervalued its just a bad situation to start brewing

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
de Haan is not worth 5 mil. per. Makes Hammers deal look like larceny. 3.75 mil spanning 7 years. Maybe 3.75 is the equivalent of 5 mil in this current market. Not sure de Haan has proved enough for a long term payday. Give him a bridge deal, see if he earns a more lucrative contract.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
People, this is just the arbitration process. The arbitrator picks a number between the 2 submitted. So of course you submit a ridiculously low number.

This amount isn't the number they'd be negotiating face-to-face.

Come in off the ledge, folks!

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
He's gonna get 4-4.5 this has happened with plenty of players so I wouldn't worry about him not signing

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
People, this is just the arbitration process. The arbitrator picks a number between the 2 submitted. So of course you submit a ridiculously low number.

Yup. De Haan comes in at 5, Islanders come in a 2, arbiter awards 3.5 and they all go home.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island

This is the way most business works, unfortunately people would rather bash Snow for any reason than to apply logic from time to time.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
knowing the arbitrator will likely pick a number lower that 5.0 (but higher than snows lowball) I wonder if Snow asks for a 2 year award instead of 1 considering the general thought was de haan is worth approx 4.0/4.5 per .

I'm not exactly sure when the team has to advise the process of 1 year verses 2 year though --is it before or after knowing the players asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad