Speculation: de Haan signs for??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
too many options to list, so we will assume that he gets a long term contract, say, 7 years. i allowed multiple votes, for those that think he might fall between two options. I should have allowed for an arbitrator's award, but I forgot.

Last edited:

BorzNYI

Mar 27, 2012
I don't think he will sign for 7 years - if he does i'm thinking close to 4.85.

If it comes in at 5 years, I think it will be more like 4.4-4.5.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't think he will sign for 7 years - if he does i'm thinking close to 4.85.

If it comes in at 5 years, I think it will be more like 4.4-4.5.

Typically the more years you get the lower the AAV.

30 Million for 6 Years with NTC and NMC

Why would he get a NTC and NMC? He's an RFA and there's very little chance he gets either, or even one.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Does the rumor (Friedman) of Parayko's and St. Louis' asking price in arbitration change anyone's view on what de Haan will get?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Does the rumor (Friedman) of Parayko's and St. Louis' asking price in arbitration change anyone's view on what de Haan will get?

Is Parayko an UFA after this season like DeHaan?

I think DeHaan will fall between $4.25 - $4.5 AAV over 4-5 years at the end of the day. Maybe he's OK going shorter so he is in line for one more decent-sized deal when he's 30. But considering that he had some legit shoulder concerns, I have a feeling that he'll happily take a 5 year deal if its on the table. The "Bird in Hand" argument is real with professional athletes.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Parayko got a 5 year 5.5M contract, I am guessing that will be the basis De Haan argues on.

In the pro and con cases why De Haan should get more or less

1. Parayko has better offensive numbers (less)
2. De Haan is 1 year away from being a UFA, Parayko had 3 (more)

My guess is on the basis of that contract De Haan will probably get 4 years 4.5M. Now if you add anymore years his average salary will probably increase 250k-300k per year

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think DeHaan is the type of player that is going to lay down after he gets that big pay day. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't sign him to that big of a deal.

D2Dpass

Sep 30, 2008
I think DeHaan is the type of player that is going to lay down after he gets that big pay day. I hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't sign him to that big of a deal.

You are so very very wrong with that comment.....Calvin is not that kind of person...

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

You mentioned the word "think" in your post. Usually that word is associated with gathering information and considering it in coming to a conclusion, so would love to know your process for arriving at de Haan is going to "lay down" after getting paid.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Another "comparable" to de Haan:

Brian Dumoulin's asking for $4.35 million on a 1 year deal in arbitration. Pens offered $1.9 million on a 1 year deal. I wonder if de Haan's "ask" is similar to Dumoulin's.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Another "comparable" to de Haan:

Brian Dumoulin's asking for $4.35 million on a 1 year deal in arbitration. Pens offered $1.9 million on a 1 year deal. I wonder if de Haan's "ask" is similar to Dumoulin's.

I'd think they are going to get similar AAVs.

Dumoulin doesn't put up as much points as de Haan, but de Haan hasn't been one of the better shutdown guys for the back to back Stanley Cup Champions either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad