WJC: Day One GDT!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice luxury.. Galvas in in the pressbox.

This sucks.

Also, Slovaks are owning our shit this period.lol

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
What is it with the Jiriceks and getting hurt at the world junior in their draft year?

Brutal for him and the Czechs. That’s a tough loss

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So Czechs don't have Dvorak or Jiricek.lol

Slovaks were much better that period. Well deserved lead. Czechs need to wake up in intermission.

Specifically, Sale/Kulich/Sapo need some solid shifts as they are not that noticeable so far.

Reactions: jj cale

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I expected our guys to step up in the second period but the way they dominated was even better than I expected. Both PP units look dangerous and I loved the fact that our 4th line pretty much nullified the Czech top line on multiple shifts.

Too bad about Jiricek's injury. That was nasty. Following in the footsteps of his big brother a little too faithfully.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Czechia imploded that period. Some bad penalties that just zapped any momentum they had from the 1st. Lucky to only be down one

Kmec should’ve been drafted the last two years. A good showing at this tournament will get him picked this year. He’s been good. Also loving Sykora

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
So Czechs don't have Dvorak or Jiricek.lol

Slovaks were much better that period. Well deserved lead. Czechs need to wake up in intermission.

Specifically, Sale/Kulich/Sapo need some solid shifts as they are not that noticeable so far.
Czechs had the 1st period and Slovaks the 2nd.
Should be a good 3rd.
Big difference is penalties so far but Slovaks deserve credit cause they’re forcing them.

Reactions: Czechboy

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Honestly, I will come off as a Slovak-hater, but even just looking at the point production of their players in CHL, it seems to me that their prospects get overrated on a regular basis. See for example Team Latvia, we have kids that never got drafted and are playing at the same level, while half of the Slovaks are drafted. Honestly, it's a mystery to me. I'm not hating on anyone, but it is something that I've noticed.
Slovakia barely has any NHL players left. Why would our prospects get favor-picked? We actually have the same exact problem and it is a known thing - so many random players from Finnish and Swedish junior leagues (in later rounds, ofc) got drafted and some of our guys that deserved to get drafted more were ignored.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The Czechs were the better team in the first period but the 2nd was a disaster for them. Too many unforced giveaways some of which resulted into penalties. In close games like this, the less penalized team usually wins.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad