U18: Day 3 at the U18's!

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Tough to see Germany back in a situation of not being able to compete at all with any the big hockey powers in these age groups. Was hoping there was more coming after the Seider-Stutzle-Peterka-Reichel group.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Tough to see Germany back in a situation of not being able to compete at all with any the big hockey powers in these age groups. Was hoping there was more coming after the Seider-Stutzle-Peterka-Reichel group.
If you asked Germans about ice hockey 99% of them wouldn´t even know wtf are you talking about.

Reactions: Edenjung

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Alright, done Zwifting..

How did the Sale goal not count? Should be a hat trick.

Dvorak is fun to watch.

The 5 minute major was iffy... Petr kind of ducked into it (not victim blaming here but I don't think that was a German intention)

The 5 minute PP was pathetic

All these penalties are infurating. We are not disciplined at all!

Jecho has had a nice third... hoping he buries one for Goodman!

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My pick to lead in scoring.. EISERMANN with 2 goals already. He's unreal!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I was a big arguer when I kept reading the German's are coming and will dismount us, slovakia and Switzerland soon. I felt all the hype was based on two U20 tourneys.

I have nothing against German hockey and I love Drai! But the premise was strange...

It felt based on EVERYONE becoming an NHL top tier guy.. Bokk, Reichel, Peterka.

So while Stutzle, Drai and Seider will be elite for a decade... Kahun left the NHL, Reider left the NHL, both NHL German goalies are aging out.

It takes more than a few good drafts to get into the Top 5 consistentaly internationally.

Reactions: wetcoast

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well... we got 4 points out of the 'relegation/avoid US' grouping. Not awful.

VS Germany and Slovakia
3 goals against
10 goals for
4 points out of 6

Sale, Dvorak and Hrabal all look good.

This may very well be out last win of the tourney and the nice last moment. Sweden tomorrow... Canada next. If those go as expected then US after that in the quarters.

Moving forward... the penalties are awful. The PP is not dynamic at all. The PK is great and we've had lots of practice. No injuries to my knowledge!

Sweden is probably dying to play us and I don't blame them... they feel destined to win this group!

Reactions: martygod12

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Probably good. I didn't see, after all, an even more important match was being played. And tomorrow again..:naughty:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I was a big arguer when I kept reading the German's are coming and will dismount us, slovakia and Switzerland soon. I felt all the hype was based on two U20 tourneys.

I have nothing against German hockey and I love Drai! But the premise was strange...

It felt based on EVERYONE becoming an NHL top tier guy.. Bokk, Reichel, Peterka.

So while Stutzle, Drai and Seider will be elite for a decade... Kahun left the NHL, Reider left the NHL, both NHL German goalies are aging out.

It takes more than a few good drafts to get into the Top 5 consistentaly internationally.

Yeah catching up with anyone except maybe Switzerland for a while if they have a few bad years, was never gonna happen. And it looks like they are already turning things around.

I think there have been some overall improvements and it has become more likely that every now and then we will see someone a tad below guys like Reichel and Peterka, which would be fantastic.

I am still cautiously optimistic about our group of 07s we have coming up. They might be able to make things more interesting as soon as next year, if these guys can avoid relegation, which seems like a tall order.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yeah catching up with anyone except maybe Switzerland for a while if they have a few bad years, was never gonna happen. And it looks like they are already turning things around.

I think there have been some overall improvements and it has become more likely that every now and then we will see someone a tad below guys like Reichel and Peterka, which would be fantastic.

I am still cautiously optimistic about our group of 07s we have coming up. They might be able to make things more interesting as soon as next year, if these guys can avoid relegation, which seems like a tall order.
Yep - things look bleak for this once promising age group.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Swiss have had some very lean years too.. they have a current crop of great players... but I think 1 guy got drafted in 2 drafts recently. Not many first rounders. It's bleak.

I say this from experience as the Czechs had about 10 shitty drafts without much high end... the trickle down shows up later. For us that is the last 5 years of sucking.lol

I figure to be compettive at senior level.. a minimum of 2 guys have to make the NHL and be damn good every year!

Obviously, US, Canada and Sweden produce 10 guys a year. But 2 guys a year is probably the bare minimum.

Reactions: Maverick41

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Well... we got 4 points out of the 'relegation/avoid US' grouping. Not awful.

VS Germany and Slovakia
3 goals against
10 goals for
4 points out of 6

Sale, Dvorak and Hrabal all look good.

This may very well be out last win of the tourney and the nice last moment. Sweden tomorrow... Canada next. If those go as expected then US after that in the quarters.

Moving forward... the penalties are awful. The PP is not dynamic at all. The PK is great and we've had lots of practice. No injuries to my knowledge!

Sweden is probably dying to play us and I don't blame them... they feel destined to win this group!
Yes Sale, Dvorak, Hrabal all working towards raising some spots in draft rankings, thats great.

But as you said probably our last W. I honestly cant picture us being an even opponent for Sweden and Canada with the discipline and the way we play so far.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes Sale, Dvorak, Hrabal all working towards raising some spots in draft rankings, thats great.

But as you said probably our last W. I honestly cant picture us being an even opponent for Sweden and Canada with the discipline and the way we play so far.
The Swedish PP guys probably won't sleep tonight, they must be so excited to get at least 7 PPs.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad