U18: Day 3 at the U18's!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a quiet one to be honest:

Czechs vs Germany

US vs Norway

I expect US to get another touchdown (hence why I picked Eisermann to lead tourney in scoring)

I expect Czechs vs Germany to be very close. Germany has to know we are one of their best chances of avoiding relegation and have this circled on their calendar.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
I believe Czechia Will win pretty easy. Hrabal in net and Sale leading the attack.. Czechia have the depth Germany lacks.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Any other Czechs watching on CTSport and have volume but not video? I'm staring a frozen globe here.lol

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I believe Czechia Will win pretty easy. Hrabal in net and Sale leading the attack.. Czechia have the depth Germany lacks.
We looked really bad last game.. part of it was SLovakia looking really good but we were terrible, it didn't exactly encourage hope for this one. Czechs are up and down though...

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Any other Czechs watching on CTSport and have volume but not video? I'm staring a frozen globe here.lol
SOmeone pressed play at CT Sport and Zaruba is talking!

Wish Hrabal had at least a lion somewhere on that Omaha mask.lol

German goalie has a .974 save percentage? Yikes! Hrabal is at .950 and is the second best starter statistically.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Weak goal from Zidlicky but I'll take it 1-0.. can't stress enough how badly we need a regulation win here. Slovakia has lined us up for relegation or a quarter with the US! I don't want either althogh I think we could take Norway in a relegation series... at least, I hope we could.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale with an outstanding short handed rush and probably a weaker goal as he heeled it. German goalie will want that back too!

Having said that. the rush was outstanding. I think people will 'statwatch' him but I hope they realize he's not a goal scorer but a playmaker and he really doesn't have many finishers around him. He's basically being asked to do everything on a weaker team.

2-0! My coffee is tasting better.

Reactions: FourQuarters

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Another stupid penalty... this Czech team has no discipline. Swedes are going to LOVE us.lol

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
How did we have 3 defenders out on the PP (Panocha, Tropmann and Bosecker), and still gave up a goal? :laugh:

Damn, our power play is beyond pathetic. I thik our Czech friends can relax (the fans not the players at least not yet), this game is not going to be close.

Reactions: pgfan66

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale again... I've mentioned THAT backhand before. He scores a lot on the backhand.

Sale with 2 whiffs and 2 goals.lol

Dicey Penalty shot call IMO.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The PP plan seems to be to get it down low to a spot only Draisaitl can score from.. I get it worked for Zidlicky but I wouldn't call it a high danger scoring area. Sale almost with the trick.. great save!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
3-0 is great... I wouldn't say I like our play. Honestly, if some of other posters that aren't Czech or German tuned in.. they'd probably change the channel.lol

Reactions: Maverick41

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So, I guess bright side is no goal against 5-on-5, technically???

Well, I'll keep the game on in the background, but mostly focus on doing some chores, because it's more fun.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
how can we again get 3penalties lol ... 3:0 great sure, but we are absolutely not mentaly mature. Swedes will trash us big time.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
how can we again get 3penalties lol ... 3:0 great sure, but we are absolutely not mentaly mature. Swedes will trash us big time.
3 goals, 3 penalites and 9 shots..

We are struggling for composure for sure!

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
You need a 4th D on that PP!lol Ours is just as ugly.

Yes, it is for the most part. I tuned in just when you guys started that first power play, and for the longest time I thought "hey, their PP sucks as much as ours, and then of course our goalie I had high hopes for lets in a softie on the first shot when your team finally made it into the offensive zone after about a minute of what looked like some weird as team figure skating routine in their own zone.

But hey after being pretty sick for a few days, I am not gonna let this game or any game in this tournament bring me down. We may not play exciting, riveting hockey but a comedy of errors is still comedy so I will find some reasons to laugh and smile either way.

Besides, I am a big fan of Sale and at least he gets to show off his skills a bit.

I cant watch the game today, so do we at least play decent? Or is the 3:0 pure luck? :D

I would call it about equal parts Sale excellence and German incompetence, but that's just me.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Every other team in this group is going to beat Germany by 7-8 goals and Slovakia is gonna squeak out a 2-1 overtime win against them. Calling it now
They will be do or die against you if they don't come back today. But... You guys have looked great and they may already be eliminated by then.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Good Czech news... Dvorak with 3 points. He seems healed. So him, sale and hrabal are at least looking like their draft rankings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad