Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan64

Sep 17, 2009
It's strange not seeing Pasta listed on the roster on the Bruins 2017-2018 Team page.
I really hope they sign him soon.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Whether he is a holdout or not a holdout is just semantics. The point is, he's not here and probably won't be until the negotiations point to a contract.

Who's to blame is yet to be determined depending on when and if he signs. We are not privy to confidential conversations and there don't seem to be any credible leaks.

This is brinkmanship by both parties. My guess is an 8 year term at 6.75 to7m per. David misses a few days of practice. It's Kumbaya time for Sweeney/Neely-Boris/Barry.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
There may be legit reasons for trashing the job Sweeney's done as GM, but I can't fathom why people are down on him for trying to keep Pasta's contract to a reasonable amount. If Barry was asking for $8mill, I would applaud DS for doing whatever he can to get the best deal for the B's for an RFA player. THAT is doing his job.

So it causes us fans some anxiety. Big whoop. What doesn't?!

So it goes down to the deadline of camp beginning! So what? If he signs Pasta and saves $1mill, then that's a win for DS.

If the recent chatter is to be believed, they're starting to come closer together - and just before camp starts! Who could have imagined??:sarcasm:

Oh, also, yeah, maybe its true that players of Pasta's calibre aren't available in trades. Just like, well, Pasta isn't available to trade ... until he is. (and for the record, I don't want to trade him.)

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
There are differences - like the offer sheet and the ticking calendar toward UFA status- but a guy who holds out his services from the team with his rights (by CBA or contract) is holding out. It kinda is that simple.

If you don't have a contract, you are not holding out anything. Players without contracts have no responsibility to the team.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm not sure how old the info is, but according to Barry, they are still working on a few terms. Sounding like it's slowly coming together, but work still needs to be done.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I'm not sure how old the info is, but according to Barry, they are still working on a few terms. Sounding like it's slowly coming together, but work still needs to be done.

Excuse my naivete (and my French) but how ****ing complicated can it be?! There's no way time/work needing to be done is the issue. Both sides must have a clear idea of what the other wants and what it would take to get a deal done by now.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
There may be legit reasons for trashing the job Sweeney's done as GM, but I can't fathom why people are down on him for trying to keep Pasta's contract to a reasonable amount. If Barry was asking for $8mill, I would applaud DS for doing whatever he can to get the best deal for the B's for an RFA player. THAT is doing his job.

So it causes us fans some anxiety. Big whoop. What doesn't?!

So it goes down to the deadline of camp beginning! So what? If he signs Pasta and saves $1mill, then that's a win for DS.

If the recent chatter is to be believed, they're starting to come closer together - and just before camp starts! Who could have imagined??:sarcasm:

Oh, also, yeah, maybe its true that players of Pasta's calibre aren't available in trades. Just like, well, Pasta isn't available to trade ... until he is. (and for the record, I don't want to trade him.)

Long as he does not say enough of Sweeney & Bruins and sign in K.H.L..I personally praying Bruins lock him up.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The agent Barry can huff and puff but he has very limited leverage.

I believe they will come to a reasonable agreement soon.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ame_on_david_pastrnak_if_he_spurns_bruins_now

If David Pastrnak is serious about playing this season in the KHL, shame on him.

Speculation has surfaced in recent days that the Bruins’ restricted free agent, unsigned and seemingly far apart from management on a new contract with training camp opening today, may ditch the team and go play in the Kontinental Hockey League in Eastern Europe and Asia.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
I don't want him traded but I think he will be at this point. It's getting uglier by the day and if the demands are in the 8 million range it's just not going to get done. Lock out protection in another huge sticking point. The PA will most likely be forcing the lockout in a couple of years and there's no way JJ, Chairman of the Board of Governors is going to sign anything that allows his players to strike, sit at home and still get paid.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If you don't have a contract, you are not holding out anything. Players without contracts have no responsibility to the team.
RFAs have the responsibility to only play for the team with their rights - or they can hold out from playing in the NHL at all. He's holding out his services to pressure his team for more dough.

Hopefully this wraps itself up soon.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ame_on_david_pastrnak_if_he_spurns_bruins_now

If David Pastrnak is serious about playing this season in the KHL, shame on him.

Speculation has surfaced in recent days that the Bruins’ restricted free agent, unsigned and seemingly far apart from management on a new contract with training camp opening today, may ditch the team and go play in the Kontinental Hockey League in Eastern Europe and Asia.

If this is true...^%$& PASTRNAK, they should attempt trade his ass if they can get a return that makes sense. At the end of the day there's no way he and BARRY want to take that route (secondary league to the best in the world), they are using this as a tactic to get 8+ per with whatever team will pony up and that's way too much for a guy with one proven season under his belt. If another team is willing and able to ship back an acceptable return, DS should at least explore it. The elephant in the room I mentioned in previous posts has to be acknowledged at some point and I would prefer management does it sooner then later. A lengthy hold-out may have a negative effect on team chemistry and also decreases PASTRNAK's trade value IMHO.

I would talk to Minny...

PASTRANK, SPOONER, ZBORIL and SUBBAN for COYLE, NIEDERREITER and BRODIN.

Neither NIEDERREITER or COYLE can bring PASTRNAK's offence but both are better 2-way players with more durability, more physicality and both are on reasonable contracts. BRODIN becomes an important piece within our top 4 D-core going forward and with CHARA's career winding down and MACAVOY just ramping up, he would be invaluable to a successful transition, and again, a reasonable contract.

MARCHAND-BERGERON-COYLE
DEBRUSK or HEINEN or BJORK-KREJCI-NIEDERREITER
BELESKEY-JFK-BACKES
SCHALLER/KURALY-NASH-ACCAIRI

CHARA-CARLO
BRODIN-MACAVOY
KRUG-MCQUAID/MILLER

RASK
KHOUDOBIN

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am losing my **** on this.

Get the ****ing thing done!

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Bruins should be clear with pasta, we will never trade you and if you go to khl , you will be back in nhl at 27 ...end of story

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If that's the case does it just fall back to Jacobs being cheap since the bonuses won't count against the cap?

If Pasta did end up leaving the Bruins because he was asking for ridiculous money ($8.5+) and ti doesn't make sense, that I can live with eventually. However, if it's because of something like bonuses and the team just didn't want to pay, I'm out.

Yes it does and he being the savior of the other NHL owners. Obviously both sides are expecting another work stoppage and JJ is going to hold the line for the greater good of all his other owners on bonus'. Granted those other owners (now that Wirtz id dead) will thank JJ while they laugh at him as they win cups and compete while JJ tries to find Alexi Zhamnov's brother to take Pastrnaks spot in the lineup.

I will say it again, as long as monty burns owns this team it will put profit over winning EVERY SINGLE TIME.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
If this is true...^%$& PASTRNAK, they should attempt trade his ass if they can get a return that makes sense.

I didn't see that this article brought anything new to the table. This is just a pro-Bruins Management Spin on the current situation. This article is throwing Forsberg out as a reasonable comparable without mentioning a single counter-argument; then he completely ignores the Tarasenko deal.

I mean at least he is writing transparently, I just don't think it is that simple on the good guy/bad guy take.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
My guess is bridge, same thing that happened with Krug

Thats what I went with.

The poll question was "How does it end?" Not "How do you want it to end?"

At this point, I will be pleasantly surprised if this ends up with the long term deal the majority of us want to see. Just my feeling on it from an outsiders prospective.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Bruins should be clear with pasta, we will never trade you and if you go to khl , you will be back in nhl at 27 ...end of story

Excellent use of assets right there. Maybe he can bring McAvoy and Carlo with him to the K in a couple years when the same thing happens to them.

But JJ will make money and "do the right thing for the league"

McDavid and Edmonton should have a couple of cups by the time Pasta is 27, Edmonton may be in cap trouble after those two or three cups but they will win a lot more than JJ being cheap.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If this is true...^%$& PASTRNAK, they should attempt trade his ass if they can get a return that makes sense. At the end of the day there's no way he and BARRY want to take that route (secondary league to the best in the world), they are using this as a tactic to get 8+ per with whatever team will pony up and that's way too much for a guy with one proven season under his belt. If another team is willing and able to ship back an acceptable return, DS should at least explore it. The elephant in the room I mentioned in previous posts has to be acknowledged at some point and I would prefer management does it sooner then later. A lengthy hold-out may have a negative effect on team chemistry and also decreases PASTRNAK's trade value IMHO.

I would talk to Minny...

PASTRANK, SPOONER, ZBORIL and SUBBAN for COYLE, NIEDERREITER and BRODIN.

Neither NIEDERREITER or COYLE can bring PASTRNAK's offence but both are better 2-way players with more durability, more physicality and both are on reasonable contracts. BRODIN becomes an important piece within our top 4 D-core going forward and with CHARA's career winding down and MACAVOY just ramping up, he would be invaluable to a successful transition, and again, a reasonable contract.

MARCHAND-BERGERON-COYLE
DEBRUSK or HEINEN or BJORK-KREJCI-NIEDERREITER
BELESKEY-JFK-BACKES
SCHALLER/KURALY-NASH-ACCAIRI

CHARA-CARLO
BRODIN-MACAVOY
KRUG-MCQUAID/MILLER

RASK
KHOUDOBIN

Beyond the fact that deals of this size will rarely happen in cap leagues you are placing way to much faith in too many rookies. If one of BJork, DeBrusk, Heinen and JFK make any type of solid impact this year I will be happy.+

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
iQUOTE=Ladyfan;135744767]Trading Pasta is NOT acceptable to me.

This is why to this day I have not bought one hockey jersey for myself or wore one other than in Prague and it was my daughters

you cant get emotionally invested in these players- its always about the money

you ever see me in one jersey? because they are all just playing for the money

I would play for Pittsburgh, the Canadiens, the Yankees and love it if they showed me the Benjamins....I'd root for my hometown team after I retire
Pasta has a lot of potential but this rumor 8/64 they were talking about on 98.5 is absurb

one year

no leadership skills

8 freaking million

$6,999,999.99 I am on the players side

$ 7 M I'm on the Bruins

if he wants $8 M let him rot[/QUOTE]

Last jersey I bought was a Bergeron for the many reasons you stated

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I didn't see that this article brought anything new to the table. This is just a pro-Bruins Management Spin on the current situation. This article is throwing Forsberg out as a reasonable comparable without mentioning a single counter-argument; then he completely ignores the Tarasenko deal.

I mean at least he is writing transparently, I just don't think it is that simple on the good guy/bad guy take.

Pastrnak is not as good as either of those players , so I don't get your point!
He was offered 6mil which is more than one good year is worth .
His agent is the problem and is the reason his clients keep getting traded instead of being handed rediculous contracts!
I like DS and like how he is building this team but if he pays this kid more than Bergeron or Marchand he should be fired!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I would be suprised and disappointed

The offer is the same as Filip Forsberg who is a more complete player

Is this for real

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Excellent use of assets right there. Maybe he can bring McAvoy and Carlo with him to the K in a couple years when the same thing happens to them.

But JJ will make money and "do the right thing for the league"

McDavid and Edmonton should have a couple of cups by the time Pasta is 27, Edmonton may be in cap trouble after those two or three cups but they will win a lot more than JJ being cheap.

Edmonton will not win the cup because of the insane contracts that Chiapet has handed out!
By the time these kids learn how to win consistently , cap trouble will force Chia to sell off all the glue guys that help the Moneymakers achieve glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad