TSN: David Legwand

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
This is pretty hilarious. Last time Legwand had a spurt like this , it was a contract year and he quickly wanted an extension. His production immediately dipped the rest of the year, and he never came close to reaching that pace the NEXT 7 YEARS.

Then he has another great start to a contract year, and all the sudden he wants a contract extension ASAP.

Poile fell for it once;, good for him for not caving to a rare Legwand spurt. I guarantee Legwand wasn't wanting some cheap deal.

I don't know his stats the past 10 games or so games, but I assume not near what they were to start the year.

Signing Legwand to an complacent, comfortable, retirement contract is a horrible idea. He'll coast the whole way to retirement.

Fisher/Horqnvist need to be the veteran leaders at forward on this rebuilding team.

Actually, the last time he had a spurt like this was 2011-12 with 8g, 16a in a nine week span. Or we could cite 2010-11 ... a 16 game stretch with 8 goals, 10 assists. His best season was the year before his contract season.

Just what were .6ppg players getting on the FA market in 2007? It helps if you can contextualize his cap hit and salary if you want to complain he's paid too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad