Value of: David Desharnais

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Seems like an overreaction. I can think of a few other people to trade first.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Every team has a player the coach falls in love with and over plays. Rangers fans were just as hard on Girardi and Glass, but both have had great starts to their seasons on new teams.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I don`t expect much in return, but we need him far away from AV as possible as long he coach in New York. And pls. don`t ask me why we acquired him in the first place - that is still unknown for most Ranger fans, but I assume AV was part of this plan due to lack of center depth and Stepan was moved earlier this summer.
Anyway he was just promoted to 2nd. line center on monday by AV when he had 1 assist to Nash in last game at MSG. A typical old Canuck move so to speak - I still struggle to understand AV decision making the recent years with roster decisions in general.
But this topic is all about David D. so this is no panic move - just curious if he has any value since AV will use him on our 2nd line maybe as early as tomorrow?

Desharnais has negative value. Montreal could send him away to some team, if they added a 4th rounder to make it worth that team's while.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So uh...the Rangers need to trade away a natural center (one who's only good for offense at that) because they lack depth at center? Is this a joke thread or is there more to it than that?

Desharnais has negative value. Montreal could send him away to some team, if they added a 4th rounder to make it worth that team's while.
I don't see why the Habs have to be involved in a 3 way deal just to help the Rangers get rid of Desharnais.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s more than that - AV use David D. as a 2nd line center - he is borderline 3rd liner, but he has declining the last two years so he should play on the 4th line. Just move him will help Rangers for a 4th line center.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He scored a nice goal in the 2nd. - so AV will probably use him in a top 6 role now.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
He scored a nice goal in the 2nd. - so AV will probably use him in a top 6 role now.
You made a clown thread acting like the entire fanbase had no idea why Desharnais was on an NHL roster because of a low shooting percentage in 6 games. Take the L on your overreaction.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The only clown I know is AV @TheRightWay - David had 5 G 0 pts. costly turnover which cost us GA - his best game was tonight vs Pens.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He would be our leading scorer in Montreal.

Think about that before making fun of Desharnais.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ori

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would rather have DD’s expiring contract than takenon the commitment to Sutter or Eriksson

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He would be our leading scorer in Montreal.

Think about that before making for of Desharnais.

That explain how much Canadians & Rangers have stunked this season so far - did u watch Ryan Mc. turnovers? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad