Value of: David Desharnais

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t expect much in return, but we need him far away from AV as possible as long he coach in New York. And pls. don`t ask me why we acquired him in the first place - that is still unknown for most Ranger fans, but I assume AV was part of this plan due to lack of center depth and Stepan was moved earlier this summer.
Anyway he was just promoted to 2nd. line center on monday by AV when he had 1 assist to Nash in last game at MSG. A typical old Canuck move so to speak - I still struggle to understand AV decision making the recent years with roster decisions in general.
But this topic is all about David D. so this is no panic move - just curious if he has any value since AV will use him on our 2nd line maybe as early as tomorrow?

Last edited:

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We need all our 1st, because we have all the AHL champs on this team including Paul C. and college students like Vesey. And next summer draft is an exciting draft year with Rasmus Dahlin so we will keep our 1st pick. :)
I can however move Chytil or Hayes though since I prefer Lias Andersson who compete for the same position. I just don`t understand why Gorton draft 2 center position players who have similar value 1st #7 & 1st #21 overall - instead we could end up with #30 last summer, but Nashville got him when we obviously lack finishing skills on this team.

Last edited:

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Those who I mentioned are all natural centers.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Talk about a massive overreaction. He's played 6 whole games with Paul Carey as his most common linemate by far. He is two seasons removed from being a .45 PPG center. Team shooting percentage with him on the ice is low. This is such a bizarre player to single out right now.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don`t expect much in return, but we need him far away from AV as possible as long he coach in New York. And pls. don`t ask me why we acquired him in the first place - that is still unknown for most Ranger fans, but I assume AV was part of this plan due to lack of center depth and Stepan was moved earlier this summer.
Anyway he was just promoted to 2nd. line center on monday by AV when he had 1 assist to Nash in last game at MSG. A typical old Canuck move so to speak - I still struggle to understand AV decision making the recent years with roster decisions in general.
But this topic is all about David D. so this is no panic move - just curious if he has any value since AV will use him on our 2nd line maybe as early as tomorrow?

Maybe a 5th?

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Talk about a massive overreaction. He's played 6 whole games with Paul Carey as his most common linemate by far. He is two seasons removed from being a .45 PPG center. Team shooting percentage with him on the ice is low. This is such a bizarre player to single out right now.

I agree that it is weird to single him out, but let me tell you, as a Habs fan, him being a .45 PPG center did not make us want to keep him, even then.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
David Desharnais + 1st will land you any top target on here.

DD + 1st for Marner is probably a good place to start.

sure, when the rangers win the lottery, the leafs will gladly take DD and the chance to select Dahlin for marner

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
I agree that it is weird to single him out, but let me tell you, as a Habs fan, him being a .45 PPG center did not make us want to keep him, even then.

Well then Habs fans were being ridiculous. Desharnais was 45th in PPG for centers from 2011 until 2016 with at least 200 games. Maybe his contract was a problem, but that's completely irrelevant to the 2017-2018 Rangers. He was undoubtedly one of the 90 best centers in the NHL for half a decade and it's unbelievably dramatic and ignorant to portray him as some sort of dead tissue that the Rangers need to remove just because of six games playing with Paul f***ing Carey.

Reactions: Henr1k

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Well then Habs fans were being ridiculous. Desharnais was 45th in PPG for centers from 2011 until 2016 with at least 200 games. Maybe his contract was a problem, but that's completely irrelevant to the 2017-2018 Rangers. He was undoubtedly one of the 90 best centers in the NHL for half a decade and it's unbelievably dramatic and ignorant to portray him as some sort of dead tissue that the Rangers need to remove just because of six games playing with Paul ****ing Carey.

Top 45 is a pretty low bar to hit, considering Desharnais was getting first line minutes, best wingers on the team as linemates, first PP deployment, favorable match ups, mostly o-zone faceoffs... So not only was he arguably the worst 1st line center in the NHL, half the 2nd liners out produced him despite less favorable conditions. So glad he is off the team. Be thankful he isn't being paid 3.5 million a season like he was in Montreal.

Reactions: Jazzped

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
What does this have to do with this thread in any way? The Habs overpaid and over-deployed him. Fine. That doesn't take away from the fact that he was inarguably a top-90 center in the NHL for five years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->