David Desharnais: New Role Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
DD does not have any GWG his entire career as a hab. This is what happens when you put all your eggs into the DD basket. You get burnt.

Wahhh but I don't understand... why you say DD #1C in Therrein heart? When we get bounced from the playoffs a few more times maybe then people will finally catch on.

I'm out.

umm he has 11 GWG not to mention the gwg assists he has

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Pretty much.

I would say it's different circumstance than other years. Other years if you were playing DD a lot you were for sure playing Pacioretty a lot.

This year we've seen Flash get more TOI than Pacioretty some games. That is pretty much a no no. That's a 3rd line, a good one but a 3rd line nonetheless.

Not saying Max was good tonight but just thinking that line is a bad line to have play that many minutes given the wingers aren't quite as good.

Good point which is why I would re-unite Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. At least when you are playing your best winger, you are also playing your best center and vice versa. We do not have a second line right now and our first line is not working.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Good point which is why I would re-unite Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. At least when you are playing your best winger, you are also playing your best center and vice versa. We do not have a second line right now and our first line is not working.

My biggest issue with the situation is that it seems like MT has no shutdown line. He just cycles through. Putting Plek with Eller might form the basis of a solid defensive line.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I'm not sure Eller and Plekanec are a good fit.

I would try a less drastic change and swap the RWs. Put Gallagher on that line, he will be a spark plug and try Semin/DSP or whoever on 1st line RW.

Capitaine Subban*

DD does not have any GWG his entire career as a hab. This is what happens when you put all your eggs into the DD basket. You get burnt.

Wahhh but I don't understand... why you say DD #1C in Therrein heart? When we get bounced from the playoffs a few more times maybe then people will finally catch on.

I'm out.

+9 other gwg.
Your DD derangement syndrome is getting worse.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Lol, not sure what you are on but whatever you are smoking, we need to know. Either that or your rage blinders are distorting reality.
You certainly are. Out to lunch anyhow.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Only people with otherworldly expectation think Semin sucked. He's been adequate. Maybe he cost us that one game but he was part of the team that was breaking records.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Only people with otherworldly expectation think Semin sucked. He's been adequate. Maybe he cost us that one game but he was part of the team that was breaking records.

I can't believe I'm actually in agreement with Kojo..

It's a new day on HFboards. :handclap:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
too much, dd TOI 18:44 in the eyes of MT he's our Franchise Centre again, and are we going to go for the President's Trophy -- at least that's something we should be grateful but dd's re-emergence is not going to take us to the SC :imho

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
too much, dd TOI 18:44 in the eyes of MT he's our Franchise Centre again, and are we going to go for the President's Trophy -- at least that's something we should be grateful but dd's re-emergence is not going to take us to the SC :imho

we could say the same about Eller, and Plekanec...

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
we could say the same about Eller, and Plekanec...

Why not Eller? He led our team in the playoffs while playing on the 3rd line. Why wouldn't he produce if given better wingers and PP? Why hasn't his offense been developed? Or how about our 3rd overall pick who's been treated like a second rate citizen since being drafted by the team?

One of the best moves Gainey/Gauthier ever did was tell the world that Carey Price was the future of this franchise. There was no question. They didn't say,"Well Carey might never be a starter. He might be a back up his entire career!" because that is what Bergevin told the world about Galchenyuk in one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a GM say. That after four years of loyal service he might not be good enough for this franchise and no better than a 5'6 midget. Now it might very well be that MB was trying to light a fire under Chucky's ass but the problem is when you play head games with young athletes, it sometimes backfires.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Why not Eller? He led our team in the playoffs while playing on the 3rd line. Why wouldn't he produce if given better wingers and PP? Why hasn't his offense been developed? Or how about our 3rd overall pick who's been treated like a second rate citizen since being drafted by the team?

One of the best moves Gainey/Gauthier ever did was tell the world that Carey Price was the future of this franchise. There was no question. They didn't say,"Well Carey might never be a starter. He might be a back up his entire career!" because that is what Bergevin told the world about Galchenyuk in one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a GM say. That after four years of loyal service he might not be good enough for this franchise and no better than a 5'6 midget. Now it might very well be that MB was trying to light a fire under Chucky's ass but the problem is when you play head games with young athletes, it sometimes backfires.

sorry but I don't want to read your thing, I saw a couple of your comments that are completely false so....

Nynja*

you talk about 1 game, or you sincerely believe that Eller or Plekanec are the type of #1 center ?

Two games actually...the two games where he had 17+ minutes of ice time were losses. There was a third game, the first one of the season, where he was a couple seconds short of 17 min, and Price unanimously stole it.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Two games actually...the two games where he had 17+ minutes of ice time were losses. There was a third game, the first one of the season, where he was a couple seconds short of 17 min, and Price unanimously stole it.

The only thing it shows is that if DD is best center your team loses games because he's supposed to be 3rd best.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal

lol i don't care about that... the team is first in the league so, the only thing I could complain about is the line of galchenyuk, even the fourth line is doing better

Nynja*

The only thing it shows is that if DD is best center your team loses games because he's supposed to be 3rd best.

or MT just overused him because old habits die hard

lol i don't care about that... the team is first in the league so, the only thing I could complain about is the line of galchenyuk, even the fourth line is doing better

How did that work last year again? We finished second in the league behind another eastern team, does that mean we got to the ECF?

Last edited by a moderator:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

How did that work last year again?

OR you're ignoring the facts. Top 2 lines haven't been producing. Our PP goal had DD and Weise actively involved. It's sad when they are leading the charge offensively.

I'm with you though, DDs line should get less TOI but the other lines have done a bad job arguing their case as of late.

1st line was better today though, max was off still.

2nd line looks better with DSP but I'd rather Semin there.

Nynja*

And a recipe for success is to tack on an extra 3-5 minutes to Davey's TOI while pulling that ice time from others?

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal

How did that work last year again?

To be fair I didn't watch the game tonight because I worked late so I can't judge how DD played and if he created some things on the ice, but you can't say that he's not having a good start, we all know that he's known to start slowly and to finish in strength so let's hope that he finish the season the way he's use to.

Nynja*

To be fair I didn't watch the game tonight because I worked late so I can't judge how DD played and if he created some things on the ice, but you can't say that he's not having a good start, we all know that he's known to start slowly and to finish in strength so let's hope that he finish the season the way he's use to.

Yes, he's having a great start, I'm not doubting that, I'm not questioning it. But his average TOI is 14 min, and his best games were playing 13-14 min. Theres a reason for it. His worst games, which were losses or a win price stole, were games where he pushed 17 min.

The sample size of 2016 is small, but right now its a very negative trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad