Injury Report: Dave Bolland

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gonna assume worst case right now

If that is indeed what we are facing then Pirri has chance of lifetime ,, Either take the chance and run with it or he wont be with Hawks much longer and may never get another top 6 chance in NHL

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Looked real bad live... And ghe worst was bollands facial expression and reaction

Espies333s

Dec 27, 2012
Oswego, Illinois
What are the center options if Bolland is out? Does Kruger become the 2nd Line C and we call up a 4th? I know there are these discussion threads, but they don't include Bolland being injured.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What are the center options if Bolland is out? Does Kruger become the 2nd Line C and we call up a 4th? I know there are these discussion threads, but they don't include Bolland being injured.

With Hawks who knows

I would think Pirri gets a legit look as he cant play bottom 6 C role

And beyond Kruger/Mayers we have no real C options unless Sharp finally goes back

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Saad-Toews-Hossa
Stalberg-Sharp-Kane
Shaw-Kruger-Bickell
Bollig-Mayers-Frolik

Hopefully.

Nothingman*

Bolland wasn't lighting the world on fire at 2C. Will miss him on the PK for sure.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
If you watch the NBA, you've seen that kind of buckling before.

Not that the injury is specific to that sport. That's just where I keep seeing it.

Really hoping it's not serious.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought Bolland was terrible tonight. I was hoping for something to keep his ass on the bench as he was a turnover machine...but when I saw him go down I felt very bad as it looks serious and the dude might be done for some time...

Hey Toronto, what do you want for Tim Connolly??? hahahaha

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Looked like an acl to me but hopefully he got slashed like people are saying. A break is 6-8 weeks, acl is 6-8 months

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hopefully Q brings Sharp aside and tells him he is going back to C

We won a freaking cup with him there next to Hossa ,, Time to take one for team Sharpie and go back to C

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I don't know if I'd be able to handle all of the posts about lost faceoffs if Pirri gets the call.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC

We won a freaking cup with him there next to Hossa ,, Time to take one for team Sharpie and go back to C

Q didn't do this at any point last year, when our need was arguably more serious.

I'm not expecting anything to change now.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

If he was lighting it up on the wing it'd be one thing but if he's not productive as it is I see no reason to not use him in the middle.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I thought Hansen's stick hit him on the inside of his leg, not his ankle. Thought for sure he'd be back. Either way, it didn't look that bad IMO.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought Hansen's stick hit him on the inside of his leg, not his ankle. Thought for sure he'd be bad. Either way, it didn't look that bad IMO.

I looked at it again and I agree with you. what sells me on the slash is Bolland's slash on the boards of his own. players dont do that if they get hurt on their own, he was pissed that the refs missed a cheap shot and he smashed the boards with his stick...at least thats what I hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad