Confirmed with Link: Datsyuk Leaving Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I have a feeling a deal happens on the draft floor, but we will lose a pick, jurco and a pick probably 2016 2nd, just hope we can get a 2nd, 3rd back

PuckDynasty

May 3, 2014
This is solely about Datsyuk's main priority, which is playing Russian Hockey. It's not about his daughter, not about any injury. He wants to leave no so he can still play in the KHL. WTF is he doing in Orchard Lake running a hockey camp if he wants to be with his daughter? His talent is undeniable. But he's not the person I thought he was.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
His legacy takes a huge hit on the one. One for being a playoff distraction. Yes he was.
two for leaving before his contract was up. He ows one more year. Now we have to move his cap and with holland he will do nothing.

A playoff distraction. Yea if it wasn't for that dastardly datsyuk distracting the team this garbage ass line up would of won a series for the second time in 5 years.

Good. 10 year rebuild to follow.

So you're saying Holland sucks and it will all take a decade to rebuild?

This is solely about Datsyuk's main priority, which is playing Russian Hockey. It's not about his daughter, not about any injury. He wants to leave no so he can still play in the KHL. WTF is he doing in Orchard Lake running a hockey camp if he wants to be with his daughter? His talent is undeniable. But he's not the person I thought he was.

What a disgusting fan base.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Pavel earned enough respect throughout his career that I can forgive this mishap.

He has been easily one of the most talented player wearing Wings jersey. Will be remembered as such.

thank you and good luck

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
So you're saying Holland sucks and it will all take a decade to rebuild?

I'm saying for the first 2-3 years it's doubtful that the Wings have a top 5 pick.

I'm saying not all players pan out how you think they do.

I'm saying rebuilds aren't sucking for 2-3 years, getting 2 top 3 picks, then being great shortly after.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I'm saying for the first 2-3 years it's doubtful that the Wings have a top 5 pick.

I'm saying not all players pan out how you think they do.

I'm saying rebuilds aren't sucking for 2-3 years, getting 2 top 3 picks, then being great shortly after.

So be it if it takes 10 years. Last five years we've done absolutely nothing. That's half the time right there. But it wouldn't take 2-3 to get a top pick if there was an actual tear down. We've barely made the playoffs 3 years running while actually trying. Besides we already have a potential 1c and starting goalie long term.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
So be it if it takes 10 years. Last five years we've done absolutely nothing. That's half the time right there. But it wouldn't take 2-3 to get a top pick if there was an actual tear down. We've barely made the playoffs 3 years running while actually trying. Besides we already have a potential 1c and starting goalie long term.

And in 10 years they'll be 29 and 34.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
This is ending on a sad note, that's all I got to say. Don't wanna blame anyone really.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Easy, tiger. He's the fan base like you are.

It doesn't make the overboard castigation of Datsyuk any less disgusting. It's crazy to bend over backwards to defend him, because he sent us up a creek with only potentially trading several assets to be rid of 7.5M as a paddle, but to read some of what's written here, you'd think Datsyuk skated out to center ice and pissed on the logo.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Uh oh. Datsyuk is the bad guy here. I mean if you think athletes can be bad guys.

This has been dragging on over 2 years. Datsyuk didn't want to stay.

The thing is, normally, you can't just say 'well that's it I want out'.

If players want guaranteed contract, they really should think about honoring it.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I listened to some of the Holland interview. He also implied that he genuinely believes Datsyuk didn't know about the 35+ rule and there was a failure of communication with his now former agent. Holland kept dropping his former agents' name during the interview.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Uh oh. Datsyuk is the bad guy here. I mean if you think athletes can be bad guys.

This has been dragging on over 2 years. Datsyuk didn't want to stay.

I won't hold it against him but I am definitely putting all the blame on him for this situation now

i really don't see how anyone can blame holland now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad